X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA - Globe and Mail: TV Critics' Tour in Los Angeles

From the Globe and Mail:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...alComment/home

(Please follow the link for the complete column - it's a 3 pager!)

Andrew Ryan chats from the TV Critics' Tour in Los Angeles
    Globe and Mail Update

TV critic Andrew Ryan is spending a few weeks in Los Angeles at the annual TV Critics' Press Tour, 18 days of fall television previews, glitzy evening events and endless celebrity interviews.

**major snippage*

...Andrew, can you paint a brief picture of the atmosphere there? Is it total chaos, with flashbulbs blasting and orange juice and champagne for breakfast every day, or is it a little more of a subdued slog going from preview to preview and trying to keep interested?

Andrew Ryan: Well, there are some flashbulbs going off. Most of the evening events on the TV Tour are off-site, and there are usually red-carpets and so forth. Last night was a particularly strange event: A party sponsored by the Sci-Fi Channel for the departing series Stargate. The event took over the entire back lawn of the Ritz-Carlton hotel here in Pasadena, and they had spent days arranging the party. There were also people walking around dressed as superheroes, since the cable schedule included a new series called So You Think You're a Superhero, executive produced by Stan Lee. One of the characters is called "Cell Phone Girl," so you can guess her super power.

**major general snippage**

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Query: for the departing series Stargate?

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I find it interesting that he referred to Stargate as the "departing series Stargate." Hmm. I wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
      I find it interesting that he referred to Stargate as the "departing series Stargate." Hmm. I wonder why.

Yes, that piqued my interest too...

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Does this guy know something we don't know (yet)? Hope not...
        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
          Does this guy know something we don't know (yet)? Hope not...
          I don't know, but he must not have gotten the memo to keep it under wraps. That, or he just isn't too fond of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            I don't know, but he must not have gotten the memo to keep it under wraps. That, or he just isn't too fond of the show.
            Let's hope it's the second option, perhaps he doesn't like scifi at all...
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
              Let's hope it's the second option, perhaps he doesn't like scifi at all...
              Oh, there are loads of critics who like sci fi. They just don't like Stargate, and never have. Farscape and BSG tend to be the shows that garner critical acclaim, but we all know what happened to Farscape, and I'd honestly like to see if BSG makes it past the sixth season mark - let alone 10 years.

Comment

Working...
              X