This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Groups

I'm a relatively knew member and was just wondering- What are public groups and what are they used for? I only ask because in all the Public Profiles I've looked in, no one seems to be a member of any public groups.

Originally posted by OldSchoolKlingon
    I'm a relatively knew member and was just wondering- What are public groups and what are they used for? I only ask because in all the Public Profiles I've looked in, no one seems to be a member of any public groups.
    The Public Groups is an option that allows the mods or the admins to group members together. Everyone's public profile states that he or she is not a member of any public group. The public groups is a vBulletin software feature, and it's a feature that's not used at the time. I think the general concensus here at GW is to not use the public groups, as doing so may cause some to "feel left out" so to speak. There have been periodic threads with suggestions for uses for the public group feature, but i think the mods and admins feel it is better (at least for now) to not use the feature.

Comment

Cool i never knew that.... wow so if Mods think you fit togerther with other people they can put you in public groups, what happens then ?

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
        The Public Groups is an option that allows the mods or the admins to group members together. Everyone's public profile states that he or she is not a member of any public group. The public groups is a vBulletin software feature, and it's a feature that's not used at the time. I think the general concensus here at GW is to not use the public groups, as doing so may cause some to "feel left out" so to speak. There have been periodic threads with suggestions for uses for the public group feature, but i think the mods and admins feel it is better (at least for now) to not use the feature.
        I agree. The only way for it to be good is if everyone had an equal chance to be in a public group.

PS: By the way, like the sig?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
          I agree. The only way for it to be good is if everyone had an equal chance to be in a public group.

It's good but you should shrink it before the mods bash you for it.

Best Stargate quote:
          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel
            It's still too high, max is 200, ur's is 380 + Smilies + Text

--------------

I've seen them used for Shippings on Other Forums & on Subforums, such a Dr Who Fanatic or a Lost fanatic.... I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam_Mitchell
              Cool i never knew that.... wow so if Mods think you fit togerther with other people they can put you in public groups, what happens then ?
              i brought this up before the group feature is not uued and there is no plans to start
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
              X