X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inner Dimensions and the Tardis

TARDIS.

As mentioned the Tardis is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, this is because that the inside of the tardis is another dimension and crossing the threshold of the doors takes you from one dimension to another allowing the Tardis inside to become as big as it wants to be, even universe size? This must require a awful lot of energy. I used to like the episodes where they used to explore the TARDIS and get lost. I wonder why the deeper you go, the darker it becomes.

ummmm

CJ

It's not really anything to do with what you said, but it's to do with the TARDIS, so I guess it can go in here...

I've been wondering: Would it be possible for the Doctor to land/park the TARDIS inside itself? i.e. travel to a position and time when the TARDIS was there, and end up inside it...?

Comment

No, that would be a paradox as the TARDIS would be interacting with itself in the same time zone, however, I do believe its possibe to have one TARDIS with another, Im sure thats happened at one point, my mind isnt exactly on at the moment
      Last edited by The Signal; 15 July 2006, 07:49 AM.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by cjp240573
        TARDIS.

As mentioned the Tardis is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside, this is because that the inside of the tardis is another dimension and crossing the threshold of the doors takes you from one dimension to another allowing the Tardis inside to become as big as it wants to be, even universe size?
        Are you looking for confirmation? Because that's correct.

Originally posted by cjp240573
        This must require a awful lot of energy. I used to like the episodes where they used to explore the TARDIS and get lost. I wonder why the deeper you go, the darker it becomes.

ummmm

CJ
        It doesn't get darker the deeper you go. You're thinking of the time when the Master tricked the Doctor into materializing around his TARDIS. He set a recursive trap in which his TARDIS looked like a police box and each reinteration further into it got darker.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          No, that would be a paradox as the TARDIS would be interacting with itself in the same time zone, however, I do believe its possibe to have one TARDIS with another, Im sure thats happened at one point, my mind isnt exactly on at the moment
          Yup, and that story (which I also referred to in the previous post) was called Logopolis (Season 18).

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
            Yup, and that story (which I also referred to in the previous post) was called Logopolis (Season 18).
            Thanks
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I thought the thing with the Eye and later with the Heart of the TARDIS was as a result of the Time War.
              Think about it; if the TARDIS draws its power from the Eye of Harmony on Gallifrey via a relay, and Gallifrey is destroyed in the Time War, then the TARDIS would have no power source and the Doctor would've been forced to find something new; the Time Vortex.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                I thought the thing with the Eye and later with the Heart of the TARDIS was as a result of the Time War.
                Think about it; if the TARDIS draws its power from the Eye of Harmony on Gallifrey via a relay, and Gallifrey is destroyed in the Time War, then the TARDIS would have no power source and the Doctor would've been forced to find something new; the Time Vortex.
                Correct. After the Time War, the Doctor is no longer drawing power from the "Eye of Harmony".
                That's according to RTD. The power issue was explained a little in Boom Town.

I believe the "Heart of the TARDIS" was referred to previously in The Edge of Destruction.

The "Eye of Harmony" referred to the black hole, the connection to the black hole on Gallifrey, and the TARDIS' connection to the black hole.
                Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 14 July 2006, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Thats all pretty much summed up the awnser but There is also a niggle I have.
                  I heard in one of the eps of the classic series that the TARDIS is supposedly in a state of temperal grace inside it and by this bassicaly it meant that no weapons could be fired in it. IF this is the case why was Captain Jack able to destroy the Dalek at the beginning of The Parting of Ways ???
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                    Thats all pretty much summed up the awnser but There is also a niggle I have.
                    I heard in one of the eps of the classic series that the TARDIS is supposedly in a state of temperal grace inside it and by this bassicaly it meant that no weapons could be fired in it. IF this is the case why was Captain Jack able to destroy the Dalek at the beginning of The Parting of Ways ???
                    For the same reason Cybermen were able to fire their weapons in Earthshock...just one more TARDIS malfunction.

Comment

when doesn't the Tardis malfuntion

anyway I'd love to see an ep where they explore the Tardis
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                        when doesn't the Tardis malfuntion

anyway I'd love to see an ep where they explore the Tardis
                        The first glimpses beyond the console room was seen in The Edge of Destruction.

Lengthy exploration of the TARDIS occured in The Invasion of Time, Logopolis, and Castrovalva.

We also got to see a few bedrooms in Season 19 & 20.
                        We also saw wardrobes in The Twin Dilemma, and Time and the Rani.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                          For the same reason Cybermen were able to fire their weapons in Earthshock...just one more TARDIS malfunction.
                          Thanks D-A-S-P !!!
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                          X