This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the Wraith??

Ok...they've stated in the show that the Wraith are the products of the Iratis Bug feeding on human hosts but...in the first ep of Atlantis the hologram says that the Ancients found them already on the planet.......If thats not true and they did come from the Iratis Bug feeding on the Ancients how did they evolve so quickly?
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
    Ok...they've stated in the show that the Wraith are the products of the Iratis Bug feeding on human hosts but...in the first ep of Atlantis the hologram says that the Ancients found them already on the planet.......If thats not true and they did come from the Iratis Bug feeding on the Ancients how did they evolve so quickly?
    All I can say is that the Ancients were already on an evolutionary path and that somehow sped up the evolution of the Iratus bug. Besides, who knows when they first encountered the Iratus bug?
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

it said in the Gift i think, that they ancients accedently put humans and the iratus bug on the same planet, over years it made the wraith what they are today. When they returned to the planet, the wraith had taken up residence there. Im not really sure if im exactly right, i might have to watch The gift again.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

I supposes thats possible...Insect evolution is messured in generations not in years to the Writh in theory could have evolved quickly
        McKay:...ZedPM
        O'Neill: Zed?
        Jackson: He's Canadian
        O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
          First the Ancients took off from the Tau'ri (Earth) to avoid being killed by a Plague that was very reminiscent of the Ori Plague. They went to Pegasus. They seeded the Galaxy to create humans (I guess they were lonely). Some of these humans found themselves on a planet that was inhabited by a very simple lifeform known as the Iratis bug. This bug fed off of the humans that had been seeded on that planet. Somehow over time (remember, they left Earth a jillion years ago) the Iratis bug not only sucked the life out of the humans, but it evolved. Whether the BUG evolved into the Wraith, or the humans slowly evolved into the Wraith due to the bug I think is uncertain, but whatever the case - that's how the Wraith first started appearing.

I supposed their bug (locust) like nature allowed them to multiply extremely fast, and once they got their hands on Ancient technology they were able to learn how to use it and develop their own Wraith-tech.

Comment

The Wraith are bad, very bad. They want to eat you. Don't play in the forest after dark either, that is when they like to get you.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              The Wraith are bad, very bad. They want to eat you. Don't play in the forest after dark either, that is when they like to get you.
              Actually, it's more like sucking the life out of you. Eating implies actually cutting up and devouring stuff via oral consumption (which is just gross .). They call it feeding, not eating.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                Actually, it's more like sucking the life out of you. Eating implies actually cutting up and devouring stuff via oral consumption (which is just gross .). They call it feeding, not eating.
                At least when you eat something, you don't leave a dried up husk just laying behind. That "sucking life" thing just creeps me way the heck out.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would rather be eaten. Killed quick and propaired properly. Getting the life sucked out of me would just suck. I wonder if they would let me look in the mirrow so I could see myself turn old.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                    Only bad in OUR opinion, sure their angels in their own thoughts.
                    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

If they were angles, they wouldn't enjoy torture and killing sentient beigns and try to find a way to feed on other nonesenteints.
                      We eat None Sentient biengs thus its O.K. Imagen Asgard for lunch with a Guaold on the side, that is plane worng!
                      Or Unas omlet with Wriath Soup!
                      How about Jaffa Soup with a tad bit of Foothold Alien??
                      Or Re'tu surprise!

Get my point. They are bad.
                      [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                      HARRIMAN
                      I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                      [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                      HARRIMAN
                      So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Working...
                      X