This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients and Ascension SPOILERS

Is it just me...or does anyone else feel that the ancient/ascension story is getting alot more indepth..and Atlantis the show is breathing more life into it?

SPOILERS or something
    Seems now, the ancients may have ascended by manipulation and not "a higher state of awareness" possible...remember the scene in hide and seek where they find a device where the ancients were experimenting (possibly) with forcing themselves to ascend...most likely as a way to survive against the virus.
    They were probably ona very short time-table...they more than likely were all working as hard as they can to ascend to perserve their race.
    My guess anyway...
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

This theory was previously sated on the boards and is naturally assumed.

Comment

I find it hard to see how a person naturally could ascend. It's not like all bodies mutate and suddenly we go ^energy.

How strange would it be if a woman gave birth to an energy being though

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        I find it hard to see how a person naturally could ascend. It's not like all bodies mutate and suddenly we go ^energy.

How strange would it be if a woman gave birth to an energy being though

The thing is, it probably could be possible. With evolution, things just happen. You have to remember the Ancients were probably millions of years old. Look at their technological state. After being around for so long evolution does run its course. So it very well can happen where a being can start to show signs of change and as the generations pass, more and more changes happen until the end result happens.

Although in the case of the Ancients, I believe they were at a state to where they can ascend through their technology but their physical bodies must have been able to handle it.

Comment

But how would a normal person ascend. Evolution takes time, so would you first ascend a hand, then a leg, or what?

Comment

But how would a normal person ascend. Evolution takes time, so would you first ascend a hand, then a leg, or what?
            In the real world, ascension has to do with your mind, spirit, heart, love and prana. I doubt any given species would evolve so much that it would just ascend, unless enough of their population started poppin' out new sentient energy based beings on the 4th dimension.

Comment

The Ascended are in 5th or higher. We exist in 4. 3d + time/space. We can only move forward in time though. the Ascended can probably manipulate time just like we can terraform planets and build stuff.

And I highly doubt ascension has anything at all to do with spirit, heart and other spiritual stuff. Technology or natural evolution is my guess. 99% sure it's tech.

Comment

And I highly doubt ascension has anything at all to do with spirit, heart and other spiritual stuff. Technology or natural evolution is my guess. 99% sure it's tech.
                I think he was talking about a different type of ascension.

Originally posted by aschen
                In the real world, ascension has to do with your mind, spirit, heart, love and prana.
                In the real world. Think about it.
                Tripudire est irritus
                Jumping is useless

Nu ani Lunatas
                We are the Mooninites

Comment

WurdBendur: I have. I'm into new age stuff.

Comment

What kind of ascension do you suggest aschen is talking about then? Ascension to the throne?

Comment

The Ascended are in 5th or higher. We exist in 4. 3d + time/space. We can only move forward in time though. the Ascended can probably manipulate time just like we can terraform planets and build stuff.

Nah man, they're in the 4th- we're in the 3rd. I know it would seem like we're in the 4th due to space/time, but such is not the case. This dimension is numbered because of how we perceive reality (h,w,d.) Space/time is a variable factor, and does not actually exist outside of our own perception.

Comment

Actually, from what I learned in physics and mathematics, we live in 4 Dimensions, h,w,d,t=time. We can only manipulate the first three, so far.

Comment

Theory/possible Spoilers
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          V
                          The Ancients were studying the energy life form to decide if energy could be sention(sp?). After learning that energy likely could be, they searched around the universe for how. Some of them beleived through science and evolution it would just happen. Others beleived that through spirit and mind it would happen at death.

They tried many of their theories until 1 of the spiritual ones died and a light(Assended ancient) came from the body. An ancient(probably Oma) went to a planet and wrote everything down.

Well what do you think?

Comment

As I've said many times. For a race to ascend partially I feel some technological manipulation has to be done. Otherwise almost all Ancients would've ascended imo.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                              Actually, from what I learned in physics and mathematics, we live in 4 Dimensions, h,w,d,t=time. We can only manipulate the first three, so far.
                              Well wouldn't it be logical to assume that a dimension is numbered according to the amount of variables you CAN control? From what I've read, all odd numbered dimensions are a bit chaotic, as there is an element to it that we cannot control.

Think of really good 3D art.

Comment

Working...
                              X