Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use the "private messages" often?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you use the "private messages" often?

Hey, stupid question I know, but I'm just wondering: do you guys often send those "private messages" to other people on the forum? I used to be on other forums about different TV shows and we never used them, so I don't know if it's okay to use them or not.
    "Wow. Politics really does suck everywhere you go."
    Yeah. I'm a Cameron Mitchell fan. Is that a problem?

yes I do use them quite often. Whenever I have a stupid question to someone or just to say something little to the person. I just send a PM. That is because I don't want to go off-topic to much.
    Or sometimes I use it to ask how the person is doing.
    I think lots of people use the PM function.

Comment

Okay, thanks a lot.
      "Wow. Politics really does suck everywhere you go."
      Yeah. I'm a Cameron Mitchell fan. Is that a problem?

Comment

I use them a lot. But it depends when and what for. Like right now, I'm doing the whole Gateworld Virtual Fleet thread w/Immhotep, and I've been getting a lot of PM's for ship entry requests.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Yes. As a few people have mentioned I use it to ask questions and the such.

Comment

Yes.
            scarimor

Comment

I only use it to ask a question there is not a thread for so I am not off-topic or creating pointless thread.

Also, if someone has an issue with me I personally think its best to resolve that in PM as opposed to doing it openly in a thread. ie... people sometimes post in a thread that so and so REDed them....that strikes me as just A)airing dirty laudry and B) begging for green. Both of which seem less then honorable to me. (of course, as with everything, there are exceptions. Such as the actual conversation being based on it or its a thread made for making unspecific comments about stuff like that).
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I used to use it occasionally, but now I have it turned off. If I really have no other way to communicate with some poster that I want to talk to, I turn it back on temporarily. It's really just personal preference, I'd rather communicate directly in a thread or chat via IM than get PMs here. My friends know how to reach me.

Comment

I find it a handy feature, but don't use it a lot.

Comment

My inbox is quite old, so im on like 96 messages, but i dont delete them often, i use it quite often but because i have alot of peoples MSN i usually just use that, unless its to people who dont have msn or the mods..
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

I never recieve messages. I mostly make posts/threads and that's it.

Mattathias

Comment

It depends. But I use it, it's very handy. But mostly I ask people as a PS in my post or use MSN.
                        If I use it it's for responding to some question, ask how one is doing or to ressolve some problems. And when I do get PM's I'm ussualy surprised.

Comment

i have only ever used it once lol.

--Gaz--

Comment

rarely, at most. and by rarely i mean i've used it 3 times on GW. but many more on other sites.

Comment

I use them to ask/answer questions, talk about things that are off-topic for a thread. I've also used them to ask people to clarify a post that concerned me - rather than immediately flying off the handle - and usually we're able to resolve it in PM rather than cluttering up the thread.

I also use them to demand people get on IM so I can talk to them in real time.
                              ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                              The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Working...
                              X