This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Brit Character for S10?

I know I know... "you only want a Brit in SG1 because you yourself are a Brit". To be honest, that has been true for a good many years. I'd kill for an SAS SG team. But that's not what this is about. Sg-1 has gone all medieval. I kinda like it. But let's be frank. Medieval and the Knights of the Round table and Arthur and stuff are of British origin.

I think that it would be a good idea for there to be a secondary recurring character that's British and is some sort of a historian or anything. I mean, seriously, Avalon, Camalot, the Round table, is a HUGE part of British culture. It seems wrong that only Americans get to be apart of that in the SG universe...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Well doctor Jackson is a fully capable historian frankly another one is just not needed. Sorry to let you down but I don't think that there will be any Brits at the SGC this season.
    sigpic

Comment

*sigh* With such a British theme it seems a crime not to have a Brit on board.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I agree an SAS SG team would be good, If you want the elite, then you might aswell have the SAS

Comment

I dunno about a crime.

We never went to the Mongolians, Egyptians, etc....... when we were learning about aliens that were there descendent's. It would be crazy to change that now.
          sigpic

Comment

I would love to see a Brit on the team.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

An SAS SG team would be an interesting approach, but does "cannon fodder" ring a bell?
              Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
              It seems wrong that only Americans get to be apart of that in the SG universe...
              After all it's made with the financial contribution of an American television.
              School is overrated.

Comment

I want one - as long as he doesnt talk with an annoying stereotypical accent!
                Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                  An SAS SG team would be an interesting approach, but does "cannon fodder" ring a bell?

After all it's made with the financial contribution of an American television.
                  But this is the thing! I've never had an issue with the lack of Brits in Sg1 for that very reason. But now with the main theme being something so decidedly British, it feels natural for me that there should be a Brit in there.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm NOT British (just a plain old Yank here!), but I'd be happy to see a couple of eps with some Brits coming in as the good guys. It seems to me that much of the time actors with posh British accents are cast as the villians in scifi shows written on this side of the pond. Don't know why exactly...maybe it's time to break the trend! (or the trend as I see it, anyway).

I don't think it's all that important to use Brits because the theme is medieval this season, though. I'm just talking about adding more diverse characters overall to the show as guest stars, simply because I enjoy that.

Comment

if there is going to be a brit on an SG team or SG-1 i vote for the 9th doctor who christopher eccleston
                      SAVE SG-1
                      www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                      Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

NO!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry but I would quit watching the show if he came on.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                          NO!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry but I would quit watching the show if he came on.
                          Erm why? I mean he wouldnt have been my first choice, but Christopher Eccleston is a serious actor with many projects under his belt, including performing as Hamlet and in 28 Days Later.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I just hate him in "doctor who" so bad well to be honest I hate that show in general. I suppose he could do a OK job but only if he played it seriously it would be horrible if he did his little comedy routine IMO.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                              I just hate him in "doctor who" so bad well to be honest I hate that show in general. I suppose he could do a OK job but only if he played it seriously it would be horrible if he did his little comedy routine IMO.
                              Doctor Who (one of my favourite shows actually) is the only time that Christopher Eccleston has played that sort of role. Generally he is known for being serious, intense and often, unpleasent in his roles. He took the role of The Doctor because it was so different to what he usually does.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X