PDA

View Full Version : The L-Word

Ketari
August 6th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Has anyone actually wondered what the "L-word" is?

Anyway. I like watching this show because of the good story lines and good, mostly likeable, characters.

Does anyone else watch it?

aschen
August 6th, 2004, 08:44 AM
I don't watch it, but I assume it refers to "love." "Love" is almost as dirty a word is as other various 4 letter words. :)

ShadowMaat
August 6th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Lysistrata? Lenticular? Lacrimosal? Lotophagous?

Probably, though, it's just love.

CaptainE420
August 6th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Latveria? Listerine? Lob-n-Bob?

Ketari
August 6th, 2004, 08:57 PM
I was actually talking about the show and words pertaining to it...

Eg. Lesbian, love, lies, lust, LA etc.

Ketari
August 7th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Can we keep this to non offensive or potentially offensive words?

Spaceminx
August 8th, 2004, 04:32 AM
I haven't anything to say about it as it isn't shown over here yet but it will be in September (woo hoo!). Can't wait.

But then why am I posting in this thread? :rolleyes:

Madeleine
July 3rd, 2005, 09:21 PM
http://www.starfury.co.uk

I've never watched The L-Word, but after the fantastic weekend I had at my second Starfury Con, I think it's only right that I advertise the "world's first ever L-Word con" that they're doing in November. Laurel Holloman is to be there, plus more.

I've been to other cons and events, and nothing compares to the two Starfury cons. The atmosphere is incredible. The guests (from Firefly and Angel) had a great time themselves - you could tell by how they were all at the discos and fancy dress contest and everything with their cameras, and how at least three of them seemed to be tearing-up after the closing ceremony. Everyone's so friendly, the staff and volunteers know what's going on (if only all cons were like that), and I'm looking forward to my next one (Firefly con in November).

Best of all, Starfury give more than they need to. The con I went to last year was a sell-out, with big name guests ('Gunn', 'Lilah', 'Lindsey' and several others), but at the opening ceremony they brought on Nathan Fillion and Morena Baccarin who are both pretty big in Firefly and who hadn't been advertised. I think it says a lot that the organiser shelled out for extra guests when already no one thought the original con line-up anything but generous.

[/puff piece]

(Seriously, they're great :))

MartoufMarty
July 4th, 2005, 05:27 AM
I watched the show once or twice. It was pretty good.

I just never know when it's on lol.

Metarock Sam
July 5th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I got this iant billborad poster outside my m8s place.
I think its save to say the 'l word' is Lesbian.
This is nothing to do with Sci-Fi and fantasy and should be put off topic or something.

Spaceminx
July 6th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Ah but Colin Cunningham and Gary Jones have been in it so its at least vaguely Stargate related.

But seriously this is fab. I may go just for a day providing it doesn't clash with the Gabitevents thing. :D

shipper hannah
July 7th, 2005, 07:45 AM
the L word is probably lesbian. makes the most sense doesn't it?
i've seen it a couple of times, and it seems all right, but there's always loads of other things on at the same time.

Willow'sCat
July 9th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Has anyone actually wondered what the "L-word" is?

Anyway. I like watching this show because of the good story lines and good, mostly likeable, characters.

Does anyone else watch it?

Well considering it is about Lesbian relationships and stuff I would go with that! Although it could be love but I think it is just Lesbian. Well I have watched but it is no Queer as Folk. :) It's too nice. :rolleyes:

Aleca
July 12th, 2005, 05:24 AM
I love this show. just started watching it, though. It#s really great, and It was about time...

Heru'urs_first_prime
July 24th, 2005, 06:43 AM
i think its lesbian

Spaceminx
July 24th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Ok I think we've established that the L stands for lesbian.

Now back to the matter in hand. Thank god Dana and Tonya have finally split up & now Dana can live happily ever after with Alice. :D

Heru'urs_first_prime
July 27th, 2005, 05:46 AM

oh....sorry :o

Aleca
July 27th, 2005, 05:53 AM

Now back to the matter in hand. Thank god Dana and Tonya have finally split up & now Dana can live happily ever after with Alice. :D

Word!! :D
I so didn't like Tonya, I think she was creepy :S

Spaceminx
July 27th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Word!! :D
I so didn't like Tonya, I think she was creepy :S

Definitely. (shudder)

And she was taking an agent's fee for organising the wedding. Money grabbing b***h. :p

Oh and I wish Jenny would just get over herself. :rolleyes: