This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Rose's Future

In having not watched the first episode of the ending of the series nor all the last episode, just asking here is it in any way possible for Rose to return to Doctor Who? Or is it her character out for good?

Technically it may be possible, I suppose, if there was ever another breach between the 2 worlds or the Tardis ended up there again by mistake. If Billie Piper wanted to come back, even for a guest appearance, I suspect they'd make it possible.

At the moment, however, they want us to believe that it's impossible.
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Well, I suppose that they could have a episode where The AU Doctor finds Rose in the AU Universe... That could be considered a return of Rose... albeit, one which the Doctor know's nothing about her... Would be quite uncomfortable for The AU Doctor...

Comment

The whole concept of an Alternate Universe Doctor is so....stupid. Who is to say there are even Time Lords in this Universe, or even Gallifrey.

The bottom line is, if they want to bring Rose back, they will. If not, we'll probably never see her again, just like all the other companions (well, most of them...)
        My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
        Build a Dalek
        Build a TARDIS
        Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
        The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

if a multiple doctor story was to happen, Rose would probibly appear with Eccelson as she is his constant companion.
          Guest apperence: - deffinatly
          but not for a while me thinks.
          Hola

Hello

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303

I agree. Mostly for the sake of scheduling. As I understand it, she has a lot on her plate these days...
            My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
            Build a Dalek
            Build a TARDIS
            Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
            The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Originally posted by BC - 303
              if a multiple doctor story was to happen, Rose would probibly appear with Eccelson as she is his constant companion.
              sry but i dont think she will come back. i just dont see her in the future... and eccleston definately wont be coming back, he doesnt wanna be typecast as dr who. but this is all my point of view.. and most of the time im wrong
              -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by brains12
                sry but i dont think she will come back. i just dont see her in the future... and eccleston definately wont be coming back, he doesnt wanna be typecast as dr who. but this is all my point of view.. and most of the time im wrong
                I think you are certainly right about Christopher Eccleston. I was pleased to hear that David Tennant wants the job for a while.

I'm not pinning my hopes on seeing Rose again, but there is a vague possibility Billie might be back for a guest appearance at some point. I think she said in an interview somewhere that the end of this series is the last we see of Rose 'for now'. So no guarantees, but anything is possible.
                always and forever
                My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Here's the thing: I don't want Rose to come back. She served her time, she did the heroic thing, and now she's back to her not-so-quiet life in AU London with Mum AND Dad and Mickey. Let that be the end of the story.

CAN she come back? Of course. In an infinite universe, anything is possible. But should she come back, that's the real question. And right now any reappearance from Rose would undermine the new Companion we're going to get. We haven't even met her yet. I'd like to get a chance to know her before we go back to visiting the Great and Wonderful World of Rose.

Companions aren't supposed to hang around after their service ends. The bit with Sarah Jane was nice, but look how many years (objective) went by before that happened.

If you ask me, we shouldn't see Rose again, even if we can. Her chapter is closed. Let's move on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Here's the thing: I don't want Rose to come back. She served her time, she did the heroic thing, and now she's back to her not-so-quiet life in AU London with Mum AND Dad and Mickey. Let that be the end of the story.

CAN she come back? Of course. In an infinite universe, anything is possible. But should she come back, that's the real question. And right now any reappearance from Rose would undermine the new Companion we're going to get. We haven't even met her yet. I'd like to get a chance to know her before we go back to visiting the Great and Wonderful World of Rose.

Companions aren't supposed to hang around after their service ends. The bit with Sarah Jane was nice, but look how many years (objective) went by before that happened.

If you ask me, we shouldn't see Rose again, even if we can. Her chapter is closed. Let's move on.
                    A multiple doctor story is on its way though. Sooner or later
                    And i dont think ecleston will turn it down, its just a one episode thing, and Tom Baker regretted turning his down.
                    Hola

Hello

Comment

We're not talking about Eccleston, we're talking about Billie. Since you raise the issue, though, I think they should steer far clear of both/either of them coming back just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
                        The whole concept of an Alternate Universe Doctor is so....stupid. Who is to say there are even Time Lords in this Universe, or even Gallifrey.
                        Who's to say there aren't? Any, even if they aren't, Earth wouldn't exist as we know it... I doubt the Human race would be here... Isn't the Asteroid that wiped out The Dinosaurs, etc a result of the Doctor saving Humanity? Or am I thinking of something else?

Even so...

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                          Who's to say there aren't? Any, even if they aren't, Earth wouldn't exist as we know it... I doubt the Human race would be here... Isn't the Asteroid that wiped out The Dinosaurs, etc a result of the Doctor saving Humanity? Or am I thinking of something else?

Even so...
                          I think it was Advric in Earthshock how caused the ship to go back in time without realising it. He was one of the doctor's compaions
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Amen.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                              Amen.
                              Sadly though i love the character i have to agree. In fact i felt it was pretty much over after the end of series 1
                              The enemy has spoken

Comment

Working...
                              X