Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Umm Why didnt the Tollan just use a phase shift bomb to take out tanneth's ship?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umm Why didnt the Tollan just use a phase shift bomb to take out tanneth's ship?

Seems to me if it can go through anything and your ion cannons arent working anymore that the bomb would be a perfect solution? Loophole that the writers didnt think about?
    SG-1 Rocks!!

Good point. Perhaps they have no effective way of firing it at something in space, I mean, if it didn't work Tanith would be likely to blow them to pieces.

Or it could be too powerful and detonating it so close to the planet could also be harmful to the people living there.

All and all, it made for an awesome episode
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

hmmmm your right, we must investigate, TO THE WRITERS
      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

That's a good queston. Besides the obvious fact that it wouldn't make for a good episode... the 'no means of fireing it' seems the most likely answer.

"Victory... should be naked!" - The Slitheen

Comment

Probably because they were stupid!

They were advanced but numbskulls when it came to battle strategies..

-T

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1
            Seems to me if it can go through anything and your ion cannons arent working anymore that the bomb would be a perfect solution? Loophole that the writers didnt think about?
            Mabey they can't go through shields.

Comment

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
              sigpic
              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
              Metal gear fan

Comment

Or it's possible it cant go through shields like rob said and maybe it can only go through solid matter e.g Earth Iris
                I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

my guess is only solid matter
                  SAVE SG-1
                  www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                  Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

My guess is because they had know delivery system. That, and it wasn't in the script.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Kirk: Sulu, why have we stopped?
                      Sulu: I'm not sure, Captain, the enginges stopped responding.
                      Kirk: Scotty!
                      Scotty (over intercom): I don't know, Captain, she's runnin' at full efficiency.
                      Spock: Captain, I am reading a large gravitational mass two-hundred thousand meters ahead.
                      Kirk: Analysis?
                      Spock: If these readings are correct, then the object would be appear to be a plot hole, Captain.
                      Last edited by Bragi; 11 July 2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

That's funny............ I don't remember a Plothole ep.......... I do remember a Blackhole ep. though............
                        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                        X