Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the Ori were to make a deal with the Asgard?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if the Ori were to make a deal with the Asgard?

We really don't know how the Ori deal with alien races. It could be that they're benevolent towards them or that they ignore them. And from the end of Camelot, we really don't know if the Ori ships could destroy the Asgard ship. The remaining Asgard fleet could cause some problems for the Ori vessels aswell, because it looked like the Asgard ships were a lot quicker and had more maneuverability than the Ori vessels. if one shield goes down, the Asgard could reorient themselves so that another sections takes the damage while firing.

So what if in a later episode of s10, they come to the Asgard in peace and tell them that they'd help the Asgard with their genetic defect in exchange for noninterference from the Asgard? Future episodes could have Asgard verifying the Ori's solution to their DNA problem (I don't want to see the Asgard just blindly accept the help) and covertly aiding Earth. On one hand, they would let down an ally that saved their asses from the Replicators and on the other, they'd face extinction if they don't accept help from the Ori. And this creates a plot where SGC science teams are organized to extract any cloning information from Atlantis in order to find the solution before the Ori do. If the producers feel that the Asgard puppets cost to much money to produce, this could wrap up their remaining arc in SG1. I think a lot of fans would protest this decision though. Thor is my favorite character.

I hope not, I love all the Asgard

I also don't think they would sell out their allies, who like you said have saved them a number of times. They don't strike me as the type of race who would sacrifice billions in order to save themselves.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

The Asgard are a GOOD race. They don't DO things like that.
      www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

The Asgard would never sell out- well, Loki might.....

But it won't happen.

Comment

It will never happen.
          "Build a man a fire and he will stay warm through the night, set a man on fire and he will stay warm for eternity"

Comment

hmm i'd like to see the asgard make a peace deal with the ori someday
            SAVE SG-1
            www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
            Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
              The Asgard would never sell out- well, Loki might.....

But it won't happen.
              I totally agree. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!!! They would never screw us over like that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

nahhh that will never happen.
                SAVE SG-1
                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I for one like that and yes they would screw over a race in order to not interfere with treaties. Although they will do what they can if they can percieve they didn't do anything. Which we have seen with the one ep. where we gated throguh a sun.

So I am going to go with a yes and the Asgard side dealing with usto win the war.

Thor; We wil give you anything you need. ANYTHING, except asgard vessels and scientists. (they had to recall all of there operatives on board our fleet in the deal )
                  O'Niell; So that is it little buddy. Youare going to leave us high and dry.
                  Thor: I do not understand high and dry but I do believe I know where you are coming from. What I am getting at in Earth terms is the ASGARD is in your deit but you are not facing extinction.
                  O'Niel; So what you are saying is you are bluffing them. The minute you get what you want it's over.
                  Thor; I believe that is the term you use, yes...
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

It doesn't make any sense, they're the Ori, ascended beings. They could make that deal with the Asgard, and if the Asgard ever were to go back on the deal, they'd destroy them. I'm certain that the Ori can create a weapon, capable of destroying an entire planet, if they want. I can see the Asgard making the deal, and I can see the Ori keeping a constant watch on them, to make sure the Asgard don't change their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                      Thor: I do not understand high and dry but I do believe I know where you are coming from. What I am getting at in Earth terms is the ASGARD is in your deit but you are not facing extinction.
                      Exactly. They're still facing extinction and a nation-state is going to make difficult decisions sometimes in order to survive. Yes, the Asgard are good people, but all nations can make decisions based on self-interest. The US allied with the Taliban in order to defeat the Soviets. The British and the US deposed the Shah of Iran after he started nationalizing the oil fields, which were needed for the British navy.

It doesn't make any sense, they're the Ori, ascended beings.
                      I was taking a gamble with my post by claiming that the Asgard are watched over by ascended beings so that the Ori can't interfere directly in Ida.

Comment

A civilisation, that is on the brink of extinction, will do almost anything to stop its descent into the darkness.
                        i actually wrote some fiction regarding this very issue, and i called it "The Asgard Conundrum". it dealt with these issues exactly, and i covered it in some detail. i put in that not all the asgard were interested in this deal, and there was a civil war between the asgard, which is exactly what the ori planned all along. it went hand in hand with a sub story, following on from that one, where Thor covertly aided the SGC, by giving them access to technology forbidden by the Asgard High Council, as he refused to believe the offer of the Ori. the council actually takes thor into custody, and he is imprisoned, through part of this story, until they finally find the cure to the genetic problem (leading onto another story). the asgard finally get the cure (and there are some surprises there actually!) and thor is released....eventually
                        if anybody is interested in reading it, i can type it up (i wrote it by hand funnily enough) and post it somewhere or something. anybody interested?
                        strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

Originally posted by satnamboll28
                          A civilisation, that is on the brink of extinction, will do almost anything to stop its descent into the darkness.
                          i actually wrote some fiction regarding this very issue, and i called it "The Asgard Conundrum". it dealt with these issues exactly, and i covered it in some detail. i put in that not all the asgard were interested in this deal, and there was a civil war between the asgard, which is exactly what the ori planned all along. it went hand in hand with a sub story, following on from that one, where Thor covertly aided the SGC, by giving them access to technology forbidden by the Asgard High Council, as he refused to believe the offer of the Ori. the council actually takes thor into custody, and he is imprisoned, through part of this story, until they finally find the cure to the genetic problem (leading onto another story). the asgard finally get the cure (and there are some surprises there actually!) and thor is released....eventually
                          if anybody is interested in reading it, i can type it up (i wrote it by hand funnily enough) and post it somewhere or something. anybody interested?
                          I'm interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah

I also don't think they would sell out their allies, who like you said have saved them a number of times. They don't strike me as the type of race who would sacrifice billions in order to save themselves.

Agreed. While it's true that the Asgard would love to find a solution to their defect, they seem to have a high moral standing in all matters. I doubt that they would put the continuation of their own species over that of others. Personally I'd like to see a plot that involves the Asgard extinctinction coming very soon and the Ori trying to speed that up in some way to eliminate an extremely powerful adversary. After all, the writers are trying to make SG-1 be in a worse position to make plots more interesting.

Comment

maybe im wrong but heimdol did escape with their ancient relative, they could fix their defect in time without the help of the ori right?
                              or am i wrong about this?
                              SAVE SG-1
                              www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                              X