PDA

View Full Version : My Hero Discussion/Appreciation

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
July 9th, 2006, 11:44 AM
This thread is about a British Sticom about a superhero, called Thermoman who lives on earth. It is very very funny and is one the few comedies that actually make me LAUGH OUT LOUD.
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/t/thermomn.jpg

Memorable Quotes
I just watched the one where George loses his memory and there is an asteriod heading towards earth, so here is some quotes from there

News Reader: Earlier today scientists spotted an asteriod that has unexpectedly changed course and is heading towards Earth, it will hit in 24 hours killing all life, more on that story later but now the weather!
Weather Man: Today it is very sunny but tomorrow it will be a very dark and we will have winds of up to 14000mph

BBC man who announces whats on the TV: In light of todays events we will be no longer showing the Bruce Willis Thriller Armageddon, instead with have a night of comedy with One Foot in the Grave, Till death do us Part and They Think it's All Over!

Come on, I can't be the only GateHead who Likes My Hero!

iLemon
July 9th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I LUV it!!!!!!! One of my favourite comedies :D One of my favourite moments has to be when Tyler thought he was Gandalf, that made me laugh so much :P

uknesvuinng
July 9th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I've only caught a few random episodes on PBS. Last night George joined the neighborhood watch and began narking on everyone for even the smallest infractions of the law. And then his son flew off to take entrance tests to Ultron university, against his wife's wishes.

DysfunctionalVeteran
July 9th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Today it is very sunny but tomorrow it will be a very dark and we will have winds of up to 14000mph.

I love that British humor. :D

Probably why I became a huge Douglas Adams fan.

wanderingbynight
July 9th, 2006, 03:52 PM
I love this show! My favorite episode I've seen so far is the one with the Time Tunnels of Tartarus.:P

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
July 10th, 2006, 06:44 AM
I love this show! My favorite episode I've seen so far is the one with the Time Tunnels of Tartarus.:P
Yeah that is one of my favourites as well:P I aslo like the one where george learns how to speak to the animals :P

Apparently, Ardal O'Hanlon is stepping down :eek: and some random guy is replacing him

Promethius30
July 10th, 2006, 06:54 AM
its realy good (love oile the talking babey):D

Wraith Scientist
July 10th, 2006, 06:56 AM

"There's a large man ... I don't want to talk about it"
- George

wanderingbynight
July 10th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Apparently, Ardal O'Hanlon is stepping down :eek: and some random guy is replacing him
:eek: NOOOOOOO! O'hanlon is awesome!!

Pharaoh Atem
July 10th, 2006, 10:09 AM
:lol: http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/t/thermomn.jpg

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
July 10th, 2006, 10:14 AM
:eek: NOOOOOOO! O'hanlon is awesome!!
hopefully it isn't true

Promethius30
July 10th, 2006, 10:25 AM
it is, get the new whats on tv on this tusday its in there i think its the guy who played goddie in the thin blue line and was in gimey gimey gimey i think he is gay or just acts camp

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
July 10th, 2006, 10:35 AM
it is, get the new whats on tv on this tusday its in there i think its the guy who played goddie in the thin blue line and was in gimey gimey gimey i think he is gay or just acts camp

A sixth, 8-part, series is in production and will broadcast on BBC1 in the spring. Ardal O’Hanlon has quit his role as superhero Thermoman though and so is being replaced by "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" star James Dreyfus.

O’Hanlon will be written out with a story that sees Thermoman lose his old body in a poker game.
:(

Promethius30
July 10th, 2006, 10:39 AM
its sad :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Midnight_of_Parabal
July 10th, 2006, 11:35 AM
its sad :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
i watched a few eps

wanderingbynight
July 10th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Well, I'm in the US so I probly won't see the 'new guy'(is he a good actor? I haven't seen those other shows) for a while. Let me know how it goes... but no one can replace O'Hanlon.:(

Promethius30
July 11th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Well, I'm in the US so I probly won't see the 'new guy'(is he a good actor? I haven't seen those other shows) for a while. Let me know how it goes... but no one can replace O'Hanlon.:(
no i don't like him he can't act to save his life

immhotep
July 11th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah i have to say that its got to be the funniest superhero show. Mrs raven LOL, tyler :D, the ultron counsil( the same episode, " there 10 elderly men who know EXACTLY what there doing" - in this case they were saving all thehot celebs!!)

The Signal
July 11th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Love it, and I really like O’Hanlon (he's agreat stand up too), so it'll be a shame to see him leave, but I also think James Dreyfus is great too, so Im okay with the change :D

iLemon
July 11th, 2006, 08:08 AM
What time and channel is the new series on? I haven't heard about the recasting till now :S

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
July 11th, 2006, 08:14 AM
What time and channel is the new series on? I haven't heard about the recasting till now :S
probally BBC one, and soon, I have just been to the shop and on the front of one of the magasines it had "A New Thermoman?", and a picture of the new guy in the thermoman costume on it
heres a pic of the new guy
http://www.downthetubes.net/tv/my_hero/images/dreyfus_as_thermoman.jpg

Promethius30
July 11th, 2006, 08:28 AM
its on bbc 1 at 8:30 on friday 21 july

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
July 11th, 2006, 08:30 AM
its on bbc 1 at 8:30 on friday 21 july
i'll be on holiday then :(

Promethius30
July 11th, 2006, 08:31 AM
i'll be on holiday then :(
bad look wako :( :(

wanderingbynight
July 11th, 2006, 04:44 PM
probally BBC one, and soon, I have just been to the shop and on the front of one of the magasines it had "A New Thermoman?", and a picture of the new guy in the thermoman costume on it
heres a pic of the new guy

That's the new guy? Umm... no comment:P Like I said, let me know how it goes.

iLemon
July 28th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Dont like him, I miss George Sunday :(

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
July 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Dont like him, I miss George Sunday :(
It's still funny but the new guy just doesn't feel right..

Promethius30
July 28th, 2006, 12:52 PM
i forgot to watch the eppesod today and the first one eppesod was they any good

iLemon
July 28th, 2006, 01:03 PM
It's still funny but the new guy just doesn't feel right..
That's what I thought, he doesnt remind me of George at all, he feels too alien.

Promethius30
July 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM
that because he is :)

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac
July 29th, 2006, 01:03 AM
That's what I thought, he doesnt remind me of George at all, he feels too alien.
Maybe we will get used to him in time.

Pharaoh Atem
January 16th, 2010, 06:58 PM
reed timmer is my hero