PDA

View Full Version : Season 3/29 Speculation and Discussion

The Signal
July 8th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Well, its about 39 weeks away, but why not get started now?

Heres what we know

Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman) is the new companion and will debut in the first episode

And heres what might happen

Ice Warriors make their return

Will Shakespeare may appear in one episode

What do we think? Will we see the Face Of Bo and here his secret at last? Will the Cybermen of Mondas make their firsta appearance will The Dalek Supreme, who survived Doomsday (it went of phase) come back? Will the Master appear? And will The Doctor regenerate or will DT sign on for more?

Heres my thoughts:

Face of Bo: Yes, in the finale
Cybermen: No, maybe season 4 or 5
[spoiler]Dalek: probably, but I would rather we didnt see the Daleks for a few years yet
The Master: I hope not, Idont think they could do him justice yet
DT: I'd be shocked if he left before they kicked him out :P

So, what else is there? Discuss:)

Reefgirl
July 8th, 2006, 01:03 PM
As long as Catherine Tate dies in the Xmas episode I don't care

I'd like to see
The Master
An 8th Dr crossover
Another former companion back, Jamie or Nyssa
UNIT back and an appearence by Brigadeer Lethbridge-Stewart

That's all I can think of at the moment

Indum'kra
July 8th, 2006, 01:07 PM
What I want to see is, whatever happened to Cyber-Yyvonne? Imagine a free Cyber(wo)man traveling on the TARDIS ;)

pbellosom
July 8th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Well, its about 39 weeks away, but why not get started now?

Heres what we know

DT: I'd be shocked if he left before they kicked him out :P

So, what else is there? Discuss:)

DT has said that we wants to earn the title of longest running doctor and i think Tom Baker had the role for seven years.

The Signal
July 8th, 2006, 02:24 PM
It depends if they want him for that long or not though.

Prior_of_the_Ori
July 8th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Cybermen would be interesting to see, I mean will our version of Lumic try and create Cybermen like the parallel one? Will we find out that the Cybermen of Mondas arnt dead but sleeping and waiting to be awakened? Or perhaps there are some Cybermen survivors from Doomsday...they did convert some humans who would not have crossed the Void after all so its possible. Though there would be a huge difference between Mondas and Earths humans I would imagine since Mondas was wayyy more advanced.

And yeah read recently about the Ice Warrior thing and that would be cool. I have never seen them to be honest but heard a lot. Read on wikipedia that in the end they kind of turned into good guys but that could always change. Wonder how it would be done. I would imagine the costumes would look cool and like the Daleks and Cybermen they had a certain way of speaking that made them 'sound' different namely they whisper. Wonder if they become the season bad guys as well like the Daleks did in the last season and Cybermen in the now ended present season.

Wonder if we will encounter anymore of the old monsters again like the Sea Devils and Silurians as some of them were quite interesting. I would be interested in seeing the Time Lord Omega and his attempts to return into our universe again. Or perhaps the Master...either way a surviving evil Time Lord would be interesting as well as further explanations of the Time War.

All in all, I can't wait for the next season to come back to BBC 1 again! Seems like my saturdays are now somewhat empty.

Metarock Sam
July 9th, 2006, 06:46 AM
i think daleks and cybermen should rest for a season.
I cant wait for the Ice Warriors !!!!! such great monsters in fact the Seeds of Death (their 2nd story) wasn the first Doctor Who DVD I ever bought.
Sea Devils should definatly make a comeback. Perhaps they could return to Portsmouth aswell !!!!!!! (where I live)
I really would love to see more TIme Lords or Time Lord aretefacts basically things that will reveal more about the Time War.
Perhaps a crossover between the 10th Doctor and the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th or 9th.
more outer space alien adventures like the impossible planet.
Little or no Soapy buisness with companion basically make this companion loose ties with earth so that they dont really need to come back.
the return of a past companion. Jamie would be great or Nyssa or Tegan or Ace or maybe even the Brigadier !!!!

Reefgirl
July 9th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Sea Devils should definatly make a comeback. Perhaps they could return to Portsmouth aswell !!!!!!! (where I live)
What do you mean return I though they were already here, you obviously haven't met my Boss ;)

Metarock Sam
July 9th, 2006, 06:59 AM
What do you mean return I though they were already here, you obviously haven't met my Boss ;)
LOL ok then :D

Naonak
July 9th, 2006, 07:02 AM
I bl00dy hope they don't get rid of David Tennant! Aside from him being my favourite Doctor, it would be stupid if none of the Doctors last more than two seasons! We've only got three left! (although they'll no doubt find a way to give him more regenerations if the show's still popular)

I want them to wait a couple more seasons before revealing the Face of Boe's big secret, although I wouldn't mind seeing him/her/it/? again.

39 weeks, eh?

The Signal
July 19th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Just in case you thought things were already perfect with The Ice Warriros possibly returning

Heres something frakin brilliant!

Barrowman Returns for Series Three
TV Series News
July 18, 2006
John Barrowman, who appeared at the London Film and Comic Con on 2 July, announced that he has signed a contract to appear in Series Three of Doctor Who as Captain Jack Harkness, the role he originated in the final five episodes of Series One and will reprise in the forthcoming spinoff series "Torchwood". Barrowman indicated that he would be filming "Torchwood" through October; he noted that after he finishes work on that series in October, which he noted is "just as it's going on air," he will return to Doctor Who through the end of 2006's filming schedule. Heres the rest (http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsitemEEVFkypypZBgmSuAbU)

*cheers loudly*

Reefgirl
July 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willow'sCat
July 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM
*cheers loudly*I knew they wouldn't let me down. :D *joins in the cheering*

Pitry
July 20th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Barrowman

Funny, I've seen somewhere that they're supposed to start showing Torchwood in Otober. Must have been a mix-up. I wonder if it;ll just be a set-off for Torchwood, or maybe a real crossover? *loves crossovers*

As a person who's never seen the original show (yes, I know! Heretic me) I've no idea about any of the bad guys. More old companions would be great, tho. I loved Sarah Jane and K-9.
I'd like to see the deal with the Face of Bo. And more of the Time War - to really know what went on there?

Cybermen - Doomsday spoilers Since now "our" Earth knows of the Cybermen, I doubt they would be invented - then again, Doctor Who seems rather dodgy about what people know/ don't know/ notice/ don't notice, so who knows? :) and I would like to see the Daleks as well. Obviously one survived, so it's jsut a matter of time, really...

Naonak
July 20th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Barrowman Returns for Series Three
TV Series News
July 18, 2006
John Barrowman, who appeared at the London Film and Comic Con on 2 July, announced that he has signed a contract to appear in Series Three of Doctor Who as Captain Jack Harkness, the role he originated in the final five episodes of Series One and will reprise in the forthcoming spinoff series "Torchwood". Barrowman indicated that he would be filming "Torchwood" through October; he noted that after he finishes work on that series in October, which he noted is "just as it's going on air," he will return to Doctor Who through the end of 2006's filming schedule.

:jack_new_anime07: :weiranime17:
:zelenka25:

Barrowman

Funny, I've seen somewhere that they're supposed to start showing Torchwood in Otober. Must have been a mix-up. I wonder if it;ll just be a set-off for Torchwood, or maybe a real crossover? *loves crossovers*

Well, the article says that he noted that they were filming "just as it's going on air".

creed462
July 20th, 2006, 03:09 PM
If they bring back a companion let it be Peri. I'd love to see some closure to her story

The Signal
October 23rd, 2006, 03:34 PM
The latest spoiler I have found concerned the big bad of S3

The being that was going to be in "The Pit" in Impossible Planet/Satan Pit will be used this season, it was quoted in one of RTD's interviews. This has been misinterpreted by a big chunk of fandom (at Outpost Gallifrey anyhow) as The Beast coming back, but theres no evidence to support this.

ShadowMaat
October 23rd, 2006, 03:58 PM
The being that was going to be in "The Pit" in Impossible Planet/Satan Pit will be used this season, it was quoted in one of RTD's interviews. This has been misinterpreted by a big chunk of fandom (at Outpost Gallifrey anyhow) as The Beast coming back, but theres no evidence to support this.

Does this mean that originally there was supposed to be something else? http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/images/smilies/_whatthe__by_CEH.gif

I'd like the Doctor to get another Companion for a while. I like the idea of multiples. Though I'd prefer a unique character as opposed to someone linked to the existing characters. Or maybe pick up one of the old Companions for a while. I LOVE Sarah Jane and K9, but I'd like to meet some of the others, now. *is hopelessly, pathetically unknowledgeable of the history of the Doctor and his Companions*

The Signal
October 23rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
Does this mean that originally there was supposed to be something else? http://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/images/smilies/_whatthe__by_CEH.gif

Yep. As for companions, well Jack is supposed to be in at least one, but RTD has said recently that he will be in a few. I can't remember when he goes back to film, but i think it may have been Nov. 4th.

The Signal
December 25th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Trailer for the new series:

windows media:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ram/bb/throw_16x9_bb.asx

realmedia:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/ram/bb/throw_16x9_bb.ram

The final scene from the version aired online was cut, its a BIG spoiler Dalek Sec appears, which means the Daleks will feature, at latest, in the first two parter

Also, Ardal O'Hanlon, of My Hero and Father Ted fame, looks to be playing some sort of cat, possibly in the episode mentioned by DT to take place in the year 5 billion 46

Next year should be a little different, according to DT, theres an all new crew and all new direction, and judging by The Runaway Bride, The Doctor may get a little more aggressive and gritty over the season.

pbellosom
December 25th, 2006, 03:08 PM
About 21 seconds into the Windows Media trailer, is that Christopher Eccleston grabbing Martha?? I thought I saw him in the ad on TV and now I'm almost sure of it but its too hard to tell with that picture quality.

Anubis69
December 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
The final scene from the version aired online was cut, its a BIG spoiler Dalek Sec appears, which means the Daleks will feature, at latest, in the first two parter
It appears that the Daleks/Cybermen or any other old enemy will appear in most of the new seasons... That thought occured to me while watching the trailer. At least until they've established new, equally dastardly, enemies. Finales just won't have the "oomph" or emotional draw that you'd expect unless there's a really meaty bad buy in the way. Everyone knows the Daleks are hardcore hence it's a big draw. Now would you say the same about any average new enemy such as the cat-women? Although, saying that, has there been any really good bad guys in the new seasons to be such a big draw?

^I was thinking the same, but it moves so fast it could just be any guy in a leather jacket... :confused:

ETA: CE's not listed on IMDB but that means very little. I'd wager it's not just because there's few plausible ways of bringing him back...

BC - 303
December 25th, 2006, 04:00 PM
hmmm dont think its C.E.
Could be.

MechaThor
December 26th, 2006, 04:56 AM
I can't wait for the ep with the Rhino people. Lol was classic looking aliens. It solves the question of why do all aliens look like Humans? Well they don't anymore as they all look like Rhinos.

Face of Boe is back from the trailer which is cool.
sweries 3 looks like to be another gd 1. Well done BBC

hydr0san
December 26th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I don't think it's him, but could be i guess :|

cheese
December 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=The Signal;6130828]

The Daleks will be returning in a two-part adventure set in 1930's New York http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6211731.stm

Sounds fantastic to me. The Daleks are great, and hopefully if they're used here they won't turn up in the season finale.

cheese
December 28th, 2006, 01:36 PM
About 21 seconds into the Windows Media trailer, is that Christopher Eccleston grabbing Martha?? I thought I saw him in the ad on TV and now I'm almost sure of it but its too hard to tell with that picture quality.

I've had a close look and if you pause it just right you can see it's definately not him.

Matt G
December 31st, 2006, 06:05 AM
Nope, not quite!

The Signal
December 31st, 2006, 06:23 AM
Not him, ears are too small :P

Episode titles released so far, with a little info on them:

1. Smith and Jones [Introducing Martha]
2. The Shakespeare Code [Shakespeare episode, involves witches]
3. ???
4. Daleks in Manhattan / 5. ??? [1930's New York Daleks]
6. The Lazarus Experiment [Old man makes himself younger]
7. ???
8. ??? / 9. The Family of Blood [Im guessing this involves the Plasmavores]
10. ??? [Doctorless episode ala "Love and Monsters" and the Torchwood equivalent "Random Shoes"]
11. Utopia [should feature the return of Captain Jack Harkness to the series]
12. ??? / 13. ???

All titles come from official sources (Mostly Doctor Who Magazine) but all titles are subject to change.

Episode 4's title needs work IMO, If RTD has anything to do with it, it'll be something along the lines of "(Dalek) Sec's in the City"

On Episodes 8 and 9 Several characters, as well as the time and place in which the epiosode is set (a boys school in 1913) are the same as one of the New Adventures novels "Human Nature" which featured the Doctor falling in love and giving up his life as a Time Lord, leaving his companion to fight an alien attack on her own. The title still has me thinking it will involve the Plasmavores.

BC - 303
January 1st, 2007, 04:42 PM
this may be changed, but currently its "Daleks in Manhattan" Plurral

The Signal
January 2nd, 2007, 04:27 AM
^thats what I put :S

Anyway, with the arc word suspected as being "Saxon" people over on OG have come up with one theory. "Mister Saxon" is an anagram of: Master No. Six, and if we ignore the barely notable Gordon Tipple appearance from the movie, we have seen five incarnations of the Master so far....

hydr0san
January 2nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Didn't the movie say the master has used all his 13 lives?

The Signal
January 3rd, 2007, 09:41 AM
But we have only seen him in 5 incarnations (3 of which were regenerations, 2 were stolen bodies)

BruTak
January 24th, 2007, 10:39 AM
I still want to know how RTD and co are gonna fake 1930's Manhattan, in present day Cardiff, on a television budget.:confused:

Hmmm... *thinks* 1930's Manhattan, eh? I'd love to see the Doctor team up with the Shadow, or Doc Savage.:)

Mr Prophet
January 24th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Hmmm... *thinks* 1930's Manhattan, eh? I'd love to see the Doctor team up with the Shadow, or Doc Savage.:)

God, I pity any hardboiled pulp character who runs across the Doctor.

The Shadow: Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Doctor: Well, I'm no expert, but I like to think I've got a pretty good idea by now.
The Shadow: No. That's not right. I mean, I know; that's the thing. The Shadow knows.
The Doctor: Well, isn't that nice, but I'm afraid the Doctor's got a pretty good...Oo, no. Talking about myself in the third person just sounds so tacky. (Beat). Was that rude?

BruTak
January 24th, 2007, 11:02 AM
God, I pity any hardboiled pulp character who runs across the Doctor.

The Shadow: Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Doctor: Well, I'm no expert, but I like to think I've got a pretty good idea by now.
The Shadow: No. That's not right. I mean, I know; that's the thing. The Shadow knows.
The Doctor: Well, isn't that nice, but I'm afraid the Doctor's got a pretty good...Oo, no. Talking about myself in the third person just sounds so tacky. (Beat). Was that rude?

Could be worse... It could be Cap'n Jack meeting Doc Savage.:eek:

The Signal
January 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I still want to know how RTD and co are gonna fake 1930's Manhattan, in present day Cardiff, on a television budget.:confused:

I heard they actually did a bit of filming in New York, and theres bound to be a lot of interior sets.

Mr Prophet
January 24th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I'm guessing a couple period coupes, a slouch hat or two (I'll be deeply disappointed if the Doctor doesn't don a fedora) a healthy handful of heaters and a Tommy gun for local colour.

BruTak
January 24th, 2007, 01:58 PM
The appearance of Ardal O'Hanlon's character - the humanoid tiger pilot - makes me wonder if it's RTD making a subtle wink to the Dr. Who comic strip of the 80's.

There were a bunch of characters called The Freefall Warriors - a group of futuristic mercenary pilots, one of whom was a humanoid tiger...

BruTak
January 24th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm guessing a couple period coupes, a slouch hat or two (I'll be deeply disappointed if the Doctor doesn't don a fedora) a healthy handful of heaters and a Tommy gun for local colour.

Bung in a Humphrey Bogart lookalike, and bob's your auntie. :)

SoulSpinder
January 24th, 2007, 03:01 PM
OOO! Now that looks GOOD. Very excited for this I am! ^.^ Thanks for posting the trailers and spoilers.

Though I do have to say it's a rotten dirty trick to Nine fans to have someone dressed so close to Nine. (Or at least it appears like he is in the quick flashes) >.> And that was horrible sentence structure *cough*