PDA

View Full Version : The bride speculation thread (Spoilers for Doomsday and the new Christmas ep)

pbellosom
July 8th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Well I've just finished watching "Doomsday" and at the end as you probably know at the end a random woman in a wedding dress appears. The credits listed her as "The Bride". Didn't RTD say in an inerview that the companion in the Christmas Special will be a suprise to the viewers leads me to believe that the Bride is a character from the classic series. So I was wondering who do people think she is. As we have speculation threades for both the face of boe's secret and the Doctor's name, I thought we should have one for this.

I think she probably came from the AU and fell through when the doctor used the gap, but it doesn't really explain who she is.

The Signal
July 8th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Heres a sneak preview from the script of "Runaway Bride"

Dalek: You will be exterminated!
Bride: Am I bovered?

cvife
July 8th, 2006, 12:30 PM
i'm assuming that it's a time lord, meaning that some survive

The Signal
July 8th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Doubtful, a Time Lord would know Tardis technology. Something to do with the Subernova combined with the tear if you ask me, and seeing as they wont likely send someone else to live in a dimension that isnt their own, I think she is from our world.

Metarock Sam
July 8th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Why would Catherine Tate be a timelord #!!!! thats just wrong and shouldnt happen :(
Perhpas shes from the parallel universe !!!

in circles
July 8th, 2006, 12:40 PM
If they manage to write in her catchphrase I think my eyes will roll so much they'll fall out of my head.

Reefgirl
July 8th, 2006, 12:50 PM
What is it with Dr Who and unfunny comedians, first Peter Kay and now Catherine Tate, I do hope Dr Who is not going to be a home for comedians that just aren't funny

Metarock Sam
July 8th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Oh no scary thought. What if Ricky Gervais comes along ??? :( :( :(

Othere
July 8th, 2006, 02:32 PM

I dont even want to contemplate that!!!
Whatever!

Reefgirl
July 8th, 2006, 03:02 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC - 303
July 8th, 2006, 03:59 PM
im just ignoring the fact thats its catherin tate and hopeing i can get through without connecting her with it. if the word "botherd" appears, im going to rip open the time votex and throw her it in.

Scoobing
July 9th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, you see, I don't even know who she is (she must be that funny). So don't tell me anything about here and in 169 days I'll be able just to watch the ep and judge her on here acting alone.

Neat, huh?

:)

The Signal
July 9th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Yeah, you see, I don't even know who she is (she must be that funny). So don't tell me anything about here and in 169 days I'll be able just to watch the ep and judge her on here acting alone.

Neat, huh?

:)
Good for you:). Im looking forward to it to be honest, Catherine is a great actress, she isnt just a comic, she really did act in serious roles too!

Jonzey
July 9th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I think it's funny how everyone is so annoyed that she is in it (TBH I don't even know who she is), but people were the exact same way when Billie Piper was announced- and that turned out ok.

ShadowMaat
July 9th, 2006, 06:38 PM
I'm getting a bit tired of the constant carping about Tate. I'm assuming she's only going to be in the Christmas ep and then we'll pick up the "real" Companion and get on with things. I have no idea who she is and frankly, I don't care. I'm just glad she isn't Rose and judging from the 30 seconds or so we saw at the end of Doomsday she isn't going to be anything like Rose. That's enough to make me happy right there. The Doctor could have snagged Jo-Jo the Dog-faced Boy and I'd still look forward to it. There's still a story to be told, here, even if you don't like one of the people in the telling.

No one said you HAVE to like everyone on the show, but how about giving the character a chance instead of instantly condemning her because of the actress playing her?

RDA didn't go all "MacGyver" as Jack O'Neill.
Wayne Brady didn't do improv and burst into song when he showed up on SG-1.
Lucy Lawless didn't do Xena's "ay-yi-yi-yi" thing on BSG.

So can we at least accept the possibility that Tate won't do her trademark things, either?

The Prophet
July 10th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Well, from the commentry, she's apparently called Donna... Great Clue there! :rolleyes:

The title runaway bride, implies that she 'ran away' of her own free will, so, could she be in the TARDIS on purpose? Did she just stumble into an Rift/Portal/Tear/Teleportation-Timetravel Device? Did she just use a Teleporter to Jump randomly into any place, resulting in her jumping in the Tardis? Was she taken by another race & dumped in the TARDIS for soem reason?

Who knows? :confused:

Reefgirl
July 10th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Well, from the commentry, she's apparently called Donna... Great Clue there! :rolleyes:

The title runaway bride, implies that she 'ran away' of her own free will, so, could she be in the TARDIS on purpose? Did she just stumble into an Rift/Portal/Tear/Teleportation-Timetravel Device? Did she just use a Teleporter to Jump randomly into any place, resulting in her jumping in the Tardis? Was she taken by another race & dumped in the TARDIS for soem reason?

Who knows? :confused:
Who Cares

Maybe it'll be explained in the Children in Need Dr Who slot in November

The Prophet
July 10th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Who Cares

Maybe it'll be explained in the Children in Need Dr Who slot in November

Or in the actual episode, but that'll take the whole fun out of speculating... ;)

Scoobing
July 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Or in the actual episode, but that'll take the whole fun out of speculating... ;)

We need something to do for the next 168 days. :)

Although SG-1 and Atlantis kick off soon!

:D

Egeria
July 10th, 2006, 03:40 PM
No one said you HAVE to like everyone on the show, but how about giving the character a chance instead of instantly condemning her because of the actress playing her?

Yep, I don't mind her to be honest....I'm more interested in her character. Let's not forget that Billie Piper didn't come to the show with a particularly stunning resume. :D

Scoobing
July 10th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Nope you are right, but from the first minute of "Rose" I thought she was fantastic. And I think everyone else here in the UK, no matter what they think, can agree that she was at least better than expected, and I think the majoirty of critics agree she has been great, and quite rightly IMHO.

Mattathias2.0
July 17th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I agree, and I am American. She was awesome in much of S2.

Mattathias

The Signal
July 18th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Especially in the final two episodes, I would say Billie has a chance at getting a great acting career now, as long as she takes things slow, and by reading things she has said, thats what she will do. Anyway, any news on the Christmas ep? all I know is it is now filming

Scoobing
July 18th, 2006, 11:38 AM
And I didn't even know that. :P Although I kinda guessed it would be around now-ish.

I can only guess from the title, "The Runaway Bride" but I wonder what she is running from. Could it be some kind of emotional face-off between the bride, who is running from commitment, and the Doctor who has just lost his companion forever?

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
July 18th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Especially in the final two episodes, I would say Billie has a chance at getting a great acting career now, as long as she takes things slow, and by reading things she has said, thats what she will do. Anyway, any news on the Christmas ep? all I know is it is now filming
No, I think the Christmas Ep is going to begin shooting in a week or two (What I mean is that I doubt that series 3 is in production right now, maybe Pre-Production but that's it).

I think Captain Jack will be back in this ep. Mainly because I read in Dreamwatch magazine (an issue from a couple months back), that John Barrowman would return the Doctor Who as Captain Jack in the 3rd series, and then in a more recent issue of Dreamwatch (one from a month or 2 back), he said he would be back in the later half of Series 2 (I think this was after Torchwood was announced). Well hell he wasn't in series 2. I think I have this feeling that it might have been RTD (or John Barrowman, I forget) who said it.

Jack will probably return in the Christmas ep (and the 1st ep of the 3 series (after the Christmas ep)), because I'm very curious how Jack will return to Earth when Torchwood begins, I think the Doctor has something to do with it (75% sure the Doctor is responsible for bringing Jack back to Earth)

The Signal
July 19th, 2006, 08:47 AM
No, I think the Christmas Ep is going to begin shooting in a week or two (What I mean is that I doubt that series 3 is in production right now, maybe Pre-Production but that's it).

Nope, its been filming for a couple of weeks, and season 3 will begin filming in the next week or so, they started in July last year two IIRC

Metarock Sam
July 20th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Well according to John Barroman's Press release Jack wont be returning till the end of season 3 in Doctor Who. So that kind of rules him out in the Chrimbo Special.