Ori on Horizon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori on Horizon?

Is there any stories to the Horizon confronting the Ori in another galaxy?
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Horizon was created 7 years after SG1 Season 7 was to put as much distance in the Stargate timeline between us and them, so as to not disprove anything that the studio writes. The reason for this is - although we want to write stuff for Stargate - keeping the continuity perfect is the only way fans will continue to read our episodes...

In short, the studio's word is gospel.

Having said that, now that the Ori are firmly integrated into the storyline for the show and have been confirmed as being here "for the long haul", there might be the possibility for one or two episodes. Most likely these will be episodes involving either the Ori themselves, or their former-followers; who have risen as a dominant power in their own right to continue spreading the teachings of Origin.
    "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
    ==============================================================
    Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
    Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

While I wouldn't completely rule out something like what Simon just mentioned (although there are no plans to do anything like that), I can definitely say that neither the Ori nor the Wraith nor any other enemy from SG-1 or SGA will ever become a major threat in the universe of Horizon.

The reason is that Horizon is, while being a spin off to the television shows, a show of its own; it's got it's own enemies and its own storylines, and those are keeping us quite busy.

We will be seeing more "other elements" left over in the Milky Way Galaxy from SG-1 in Season Three, however. Not sure how else to put it without giving away spoilers.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

So, if, a rough estimate, a Season was as Year. Hypothetically, SG-1 season 14 would equal Horizon Season 1 in timeframe?
        Last edited by The Prophet; 08 July 2006, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit
          While I wouldn't completely rule out something like what Simon just mentioned (although there are no plans to do anything like that), I can definitely say that neither the Ori nor the Wraith nor any other enemy from SG-1 or SGA will ever become a major threat in the universe of Horizon.
          Well, there are the Aschen, but because they were only featured in two episodes in SG1, their presence in the series didn't merit further experimentation.

Originally posted by The Prophet
          So, if, a rough estimate, a Season was as Year. Hypothetically, SG-1 series 14 would equal Horizon Series 1 in timeframe?
          Pretty much.

Cooper has joked about there being a 14th Season for SG1, though I think this is merely optimistic; even though MGM plans to continue funding the shows for as long as they can. It is more likely that the third show (possibly written by Dr Hurst's group) will eventually replace SG1 as the "flagship series", and then we will be asked about being made a televised event as a proper third slot.
          "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
          Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
          Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiletron
            Well, there are the Aschen, but because they were only featured in two episodes in SG1, their presence in the series didn't merit further experimentation.
            Definitely. But I wouldn't consider the Aschen a major threat in the Horizon universe. They're more like the way they were on SG-1, having appeared in a couple of episodes rather than being around permanently.

Comment

Should SG-1 be going on for the long haul, there would likely be continuity issues, i.e. current status of Earth, Stargate not being public. I do believe that we'd continue either way while remaining as close to continuity as possible.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

This title has spoiler potential (I'm okay with it, but others probably aren't). Could a mod please change it?

Thanks.
                Rocky

Comment

That would be pointless.

By now half the community will have probably seen the thread's name, asked themselves "WTF are they talking about?", and then searched the Episode Guide for the answer...

Comment

Hmmm. I have to say I hadn't realized that until now. I didn't think much of it when I first read it. Perhaps it's because I first read it this morning, and I was half asleep.

Thanks for mentioning that, Erik. I'll change the title to something less spoilerish.

Comment

I'm glad. Alex and the crew know how much I've not liked the episodes with old enemies in and I'm glad to see it's just about come to an end with Uprising. I want to read the Horizon universe, the new things.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

In one of Horizon episode, Alex mention One of the Horizon team have been in Chulak. The Ori occupies the planet now, will that effect Chase or Someone I dont remember the name.
                        sigpic
                        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Since it's already been firmly established that the character in question spent his time on Chulak with other Jaffa, I think it's safe to say that he was there after the defeat of the Ori and their removal from Chulak. Now seriously Elitenova jsut stop with the Ori fan boying, I highly doubt Horizon will use them in their episodes. And before you say anything Destiny won't be either.

Comment

That brings up an interesting point though. With Tom's past on Chulak, it may be necessary to add history due to
                            Spoiler:
                            an Ori invasion of it

The same thing happened last year, actually, when we had to make a quick fix to the whole
                            Spoiler:
                            Prometheus is destroyed
                            thing. I due worry that eventually things will come to an unfixable point, at which point we might just have to press on sticking as close to continuity as possible.
                            Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                            Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                            Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                            Stargate Destiny, Fan
                            Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Yeah, that's very true. It's inevitable that at some point there will be contradictions, simply just because it's safe to say that Stargate will be going on for quite some time to come. Whether or not that's in form of SG-1 makes no difference.

Right now all we can do is stay true to continuity as much as we can. Once Stargate on television (or in form of movies) reaches the year 2011, which is when the Horizon pilot takes place, things might either still pretty much fit together, or there'll be slight differences. Either way, that wouldn't be a problem, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X