Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doctor/Capt Jack Slash/Discussion/Appreciation (possible spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Doctor/Capt Jack Slash/Discussion/Appreciation (possible spoilers)

First off, if you don't like this idea then don't post in here. Go start an anti thread cause they are always fun.

Ah well I know this thread will get lost, but I just had to say I loved the banter between The Doctor (9) and Capt Jack and with Jack being so willing in so many ways, with so many people I don't think The Doctor stood a chance.

*beware spoilers*

I hope that we do see The Doctor (10) and Jack together in Doomsday, and who knows maybe in Torchwood at some point. I think Tennant's Doctor would be even more suited to Jack, as his Doctor is really fun and yes a little flirtatious compared to The 9th.

I just think fun, fun, fun slashy pairing.

Well what else would I post!

It's an incredibly fun pairing, but I dunno if I could support them as an actual couple because I just can't see Jack tying himself down to one person/being (all bondage comments put aside for the moment ). They have a definite chemistry, IMO, but I think Jack could have good chemistry with a rock, and I can't see their relationship really going anywhere.

Still, there's good potential for sizzle whenever they ARE together!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      It's an incredibly fun pairing, but I dunno if I could support them as an actual couple because I just can't see Jack tying himself down to one person/being (all bondage comments put aside for the moment ). They have a definite chemistry, IMO, but I think Jack could have good chemistry with a rock, and I can't see their relationship really going anywhere.

Still, there's good potential for sizzle whenever they ARE together!
      Haha, I know Jack is not a one person kind of guy. Mind you neither is The Doctor he goes through *cough* compainons *cough* like John Sheppard goes through hair gel!

I just love the banter and the sense that they understand each other, well I think The Doctor understands Jack. I know it isn't going anywhere on the show/s but that doesn't mean I can't think about it.

Comment

Jack: *whispers* Why is Rose still hanging around us?

The Doctor: Well we need someone to do the washing.

Rose: Oi you two, I'm still here so that the BBC can pretend The Doctor isn't gay.

Jack & The Doctor: Oh...right.

Comment

Yay, another slash thread! And one I can totally imagine, Willow.
          Have to agree with Shadow, though, that there wouldn't be a lot of commitment in that 'ship. Just a bit of fun between buddies. Nothing wrong with that of course!
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I can deal with sizzle between DT Doctor and Jack....YUM! *faints*
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Fun!

Mattathias

Comment

I loathe most slash pairings because they are unrealistic attempts to hook up two characters who are blatantly hetero. But with the Doctor and Jack, there's no such issue because the two have been shown to be... open-minded about such things and they do have wonderful chemistry. Or at least Nine and Jack did. Might be interesting to see how the good captain would react to Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I loathe most slash pairings because they are unrealistic attempts to hook up two characters who are blatantly hetero.
                  I understand that, but really what is the alternative when so many shows just run scared of having gay or bi or just ambiguous sexualities as part of their characters? I mean every show going including the new Doctor Who has some hetro spin to it. I get so bored with that myself and I can see why slash pairings arise out of what is basically a straight friendship.

The fact I actually think some characters are gay, even if they dally with the opposite gender, is a whole other story!

I have a funny feeling Jack and 10 would get along just fine.

Comment

This thread does have a spoiler warning but just in case.

Spoilers for Torchwood eps 1&2!!!

Well I have to say I was a little thrown
                    Spoiler:
                    by the whole Hand thing, nope did not see that one coming.

I still don't know what to make of it, but I do know many are seeing it and Jack's attachment to it as a sign of slashyness and of course the fact that now Jack can't die as a great big hint if only in fanfic world, to an ongoing, and ongoing relationship.

I still feel a little icky about slashing The Doctor but if I must and apparently I must, then why not Capt Jack Harkness?

Those caps... Holding hand/s

He did seems very upset about it all. *bless him*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post

I have a funny feeling Jack and 10 would get along just fine.
                      Agreed, and if the writers ever let the Doctor visit Torchwood or Jack somehow return to the Tardis, they should consider working with it. I agree that the chemistry is quite strong.
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I wonder, however, if a Doctor/Jack reunion would be a very happy one. In Torchwood

Spoiler:
                        Jack may be desperate to find the Doctor again, but I think there's also a bit of resentment involved. After all, he was left behind, alone in god knows what kind of circumstances, and unable to die. I know I wouldn't be a very happy camper and I get the feeling Jack has been through a LOT since his resurrection and that a lot of it probably hasn't been good.

Just guesswork on my part, of course, but... well... They may kiss and make up in the end (maybe) but I still think there'll be some fireworks of a non-sexy sort. Or at least I hope so. Angst is good for the soul.

Comment

Of course, I reckon Jack and
                          Spoiler:
                          The Hand
                          already have "a bit of a love life", as Elton would put it. After all, we know it's not a Fighter so it must be a Lover...

Comment

Torchwoody spoilerness within.
                            The first thing I thought when it was revealed that
                            Spoiler:
                            Jack is "immortal"
                            was 'okay, so Rose kinda did that. But when you think about it, it was really the power of the TARDIS. Look! Even the TARDIS wants him to stick around! ^.^

How does this connect? The vessel is supposed to be telepathic, right? Well, not only has it healed good ol' Jack up because the person who was using it wanted 'im to live, but it might have thought
                            Spoiler:
                            if i do this, than my Doctor won't have to be alone anymore. There will be someone who can live on with him... maybe even surpass him. Then I won't be alone after.
                            Or maybe I'm just too sentimental!

As far as
                            Spoiler:
                            the hand
                            goes, to see the look on Jack's face during that sequence made me want to cry for him. ;.; I wonder what went through his head when they actually found it.

My thoughts on a reunion (spoilering it for safetly)
                            Spoiler:
                            a scene mirroring the good ol' classics.

Now, say that we're pushing asside there will be no direct crossovers in Torchwood... Say that the doctor actually gets into the middle of the Torchwood Hub via Tardis, and is roamin' around, looking, when he comes upon his hand and starts musing upon it.

Well at the same time Jack and co. 'arrive home' from whatever mission. All Jack sees is this strange man touching his Doctor's hand. While we hear Jack yelling at the 'stranger' to step away we can picture the entire team thinking: Oh no. Not this again! Get the spare jar ready...

The Doc then turns around and says something very doctor-ish while claiming the hand, or saying that he really dosen't need it anymore, though it might be intresting to see how one would live with two at which point it slams Jack over the head like a cast-iron frying pan.

Jack proceeds to walk towards the Doc while the Doc confirms his identity or knowing of Jack, when suddenly he's interupted by one heck of a kiss. (Whilst we cut to Owen, coughing something about being right.) When it ends the Doc adds another little comment directly before recieving one equally as powerful smack of the Captain's fist in his face.

Suspencse, ship, and angst! Ahhh... now that is a song I'd like to sing! ^.^
                            "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

I read some rumours, well more an interview with RTD where he said..(Spoilers and specualtions)
                              Spoiler:
                              that Gwen would have an affair with one of the Team. Now not saying it will be Jack but if it is I may have to rethink this show. I don't like M/F leads being placed in relationships with each other, even when well written it smacks of cliche, not that Torchwood or RTD don't go in for cliche but this would be like seeing brother and sister, I like Gwen but not as Jacks bit.... and besides why can't they write Jack as having a M/M relationship? I don't really mean relationship btw just you know sex. I thought one of the points of the show was to have multiple sexual proclivities, why then go for the boring obvious?

Again it may not be Gwen/Jack but it is looking a little that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X