This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To: Send & Receive Private Messages

Just click on the Private Messages link in your "Welcome" box, near the top of each page of the forum! You can send to or receive messages from any other registered member. Private Messages are like an internal e-mail service, without e-mail addresses; they are not displayed to the public. Remember to periodically delete old and sent messages; your inbox has a message limit.

Are Private Messages like threads and allow you to add to them or do you have to make a new one each time?

Will the limit always be 10 or does it increase as your rating increases?

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Private messages are, obviously, PRIVATE. They're more like instant messages (AIM, ICQ, YM, etc) or email. They are not in any way like threads except in the message formatting kinda way (same edit box). You can keep quoting things back and forth, though.

And yeah, your storage space increases when you reach certain levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
        Are Private Messages like threads and allow you to add to them or do you have to make a new one each time?

Will the limit always be 10 or does it increase as your rating increases?
        It will increase as your rating increases, but it might be awhile when you're first starting out (depends on how you define "awhile")

Comment

Here's a question: Is it possible to move messages from your Inbox into other folders? Because you have the option to create your own folders, but there isn't much point to it if you can't move messages into them. I had thought I'd done this in the past, but my self-made folders don't show up in the drop-down menu for "move messages to..." option anymore.

I don't like a cluttered Inbox.

Comment

I sent a PM to a mod a few days ago and I haven't heard anything back from them. If they didn't have anything to say in response I could understand that, but I'm wondering...would I know if someone put me on "ignore?" I certainly hope that's not the case, but if it is would I get some indication that I was on someone's "ignore" list?
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Mods, the poor sorry b***ards that they are, can't put people on ignore... and you can't put THEM on ignore, either. But for the huddled masses... I dunno. I don't think you can tell if you're PM'ing someone who has you on ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Mods, the poor sorry b***ards that they are, can't put people on ignore... and you can't put THEM on ignore, either. But for the huddled masses... I dunno. I don't think you can tell if you're PM'ing someone who has you on ignore.
                Thanks, Shadow.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                  I sent a PM to a mod a few days ago and I haven't heard anything back from them. If they didn't have anything to say in response I could understand that, but I'm wondering...would I know if someone put me on "ignore?" I certainly hope that's not the case, but if it is would I get some indication that I was on someone's "ignore" list?
                  Usually when we receive PMs about modding business we make sure to at least let the poster know that we received the PM, even if we later decide not to do anything about the complaint.

My advice would be to try again or send it to another mod, in case you pinged someone who hasn't been online or has just been too busy with RL (certain birthdays come to mind...)

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                    You could always ask for a reciept that the read it.

Comment

How does a person reply to a certain PM so that person know its the same subject? I tried to look for a reply button on the PM but haven't seen it?

Comment

click forward and then enter their name in the to: box and change fw:subject to re:subject
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

or press the quote button

Comment

Is it possible to bcc: a pm
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                              Is it possible to bcc: a pm

Nope don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                              X