This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship? Thunk? What?

Ok being a bit of an outsider I hope this is excusable but what on earth do these weird topic "themes" mean?

Have you read the Forum FAQ yet? It includes some helpful slang stuff.

shipper- relationshipper
    thunk- sound you make when you hit the floor 'cause so and so is just so d*** HOT!

*rolls eyes*

Comment

I can think of some alternative meanings, too.

Comment

yeah...tell me about it, i didnt know the meanings of 'em either for a long time...

personally Thunk sounds a bit silly...though Ship...i'd rather save my comments on THAT one.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
        Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
        Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon
          Ok being a bit of an outsider I hope this is excusable but what on earth do these weird topic "themes" mean?
          looks like everyones answered your questions...welcome to Gateworld!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by shinyredpants
            yeah...tell me about it, i didnt know the meanings of 'em either for a long time...

personally Thunk sounds a bit silly...though Ship...i'd rather save my comments on THAT one.
            Hahha. Same here. My lips are sewn shut.

Comment

ah my thanks Ms Maat.. FAQ's are always the last place i think of looking
              The choices for using such terms are.. well interesting but then us gaters are an odd lot .

*edit* and thanks for the nice welcome LtLisa
              Last edited by Zyklon; 06 August 2004, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Hmm. Just been looking through this secton and seen about 10 or more threads asking about ship/thunk etc . I know it's in the FAQ but considering how many people don't read that at all maybe it would be good to have a sticky thread up in Characters and Relationships so that people really can't miss it and won't start even more threads on the matter.

Comment

yeah the newbies don't go in the off world section. Perhaps we can close this thread now?
                  Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    Hmm. Just been looking through this secton and seen about 10 or more threads asking about ship/thunk etc . I know it's in the FAQ but considering how many people don't read that at all maybe it would be good to have a sticky thread up in Characters and Relationships so that people really can't miss it and won't start even more threads on the matter.
                    If they can't be bothered reading the FAQs, do you honestly think they will bother reading a sticky from the mods?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      If they can't be bothered reading the FAQs, do you honestly think they will bother reading a sticky from the mods?
                      Well the sticky would be more in their face, and immediately adressing the question they obviously already had if they're bothered enough to make a new thread. It increases the possibility by quite a bit at the very least.

Comment

Out of interest, have you read the stickies from us at the top of the General Discussion folder? We're not sure how many newbies spot them.

Madeleine

Comment

I read them, but only if the post is new. But it does take some getting used to the ideas and slang terms.

But ship is a widely used term for any fictional pairing, so that wasn't so hard to figure out.
                          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

*thunks*

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              Out of interest, have you read the stickies from us at the top of the General Discussion folder? We're not sure how many newbies spot them.
                              Yes - read the stickies on the new organisation etc. Though they say about thunk, ship and appreciation areas they still don't explain ship and thunk. I suppose plenty of newbies know what they mean. I know I had no problem with 'ship' when I came here a few months ago, having been around reading fanfic in other fandoms especially, but thunk had me stumped for awhile initially (same with glomp, woobie and squee) since I'd never been on a fandom forum before and so hadn't heard the terms.

Comment

Working...
                              X