X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbc Reporting That Freema Agyeman To Join Dr Who

From Outpost Gallifrey;

According to reports being published in a wide variety of locations on the Internet today (and to be confirmed in a BBC press release to be officially released at midnight UK time), Freema Agyeman will join the cast of Doctor Who in its third season as
    Spoiler:
    new companion Martha Jones, sidekick to the current Doctor, David Tennant
    . Agyeman recently guest starred as Adeola, one of the Torchwood desk jockeys in "Army of Ghosts," but will return to the series for the completely different role (much in the same way first season guest star Eve Myles will be doing so in the spinoff series "Torchwood"). Agyeman reportedly will be seen in the first regular episode of the new season and not the Christmas special; current rumors are that Tennant will be joined by other actors (possibly even as early as the end of the finale) for that episode. Agyeman's involvement in Doctor Who as
    Spoiler:
    a new companion
    was first reported by The Sun in a June 16 news report, obviously now a leak of the information during what was likely a very quiet audition process. More news later today, including the contents of the BBC press release after it goes fully public.

The Link can be found here.
    Last edited by kiwigater; 04 July 2006, 01:32 PM.
    My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
    Build a Dalek
    Build a TARDIS
    Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
    The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Wow, SG-1 managed to go at least 3 years before recycling actors... I guess this is what we get for living in a smaller country where apparantly only a handful of actors actually want to be in one of the most popular and well known TV series we have.

Comment

How is it a spoiler if every news organization is reporting it? Also, if my post is edited to hide "spoilers" (which they aren't as the BBC is announcing it. This isn't a plot point, simply an announcement of casting) then how come the title of the thread remains untouched.....

Build a Dalek
      Build a TARDIS
      Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
      The Police Box Website

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
        How is it a spoiler if every news organization is reporting it? Also, if my post is edited to hide "spoilers" (which they aren't as the BBC is announcing it. This isn't a plot point, simply an announcement of casting) then how come the title of the thread remains untouched.....
        well, strictly speaking, I don't know of any news agencies in the US that are reporting it...at least none that I read...so...while it might be generally available news in the UK, it's still spoilery for those outside the UK that might stumble by.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

It's a spoiler in the sense that it refers to an event/occurence in the show that hasn't been witnessed by the masses outside the UK. Sorry mate, but we've got a news thread for this. You want to start a thread stating a spoiler (and your original thread title was a spoiler), someones going to step in. Don't get me wrong, does my head in all this spoiler business with DW. We can't spoil folks outside the UK because they haven't seen it yet, however we don't even know if they're even going to see it.

Comment

Ok, so let me make sure I understand this. It's a spoiler if it's being reported by the BBC, but not in America (even though AICN is reporting it) and any fan could simply go to bbc.co.uk, aintitcool.com , our Outpost Gallifrey to read this....

On the other hand it isn't a spoiler when a mod reports 'breaking news' about Billie Piper leaving the series (even though it was posted the day after it was announced) and there was already a thread on this board reporting the news about Billie Piper. Neither of these threads were made spoilers and it was 1) more news then an actress that most Americans have never heard of joining the TARDIS next year, 2) one was being reported by a mod who didn't even try to wrap anything in spoiler tags.....

Now how is that different???

Build a Dalek
            Build a TARDIS
            The Police Box Website

Comment

well, strictly speaking, I don't know of any news agencies in the US that are reporting it...at least none that I read...so...while it might be generally available news in the UK, it's still spoilery for those outside the UK that might stumble by.
              Does the Sci-Fi channel count?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=7&id=36668

And I can't even see how casting information can be a spoiler, anyway. Whenever there's an update to how many episodes (and which ones) RDA is going to be in an upcoming SG1 season it's plonked up right on the GW news page.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain

And I can't even see how casting information can be a spoiler, anyway. Whenever there's an update to how many episodes (and which ones) RDA is going to be in an upcoming SG1 season it's plonked up right on the GW news page.
                hey...i'm not saying i agree this needed to be a spoiler...just being satan's lawyer...i mean...devil's advocate.
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                  Wow, SG-1 managed to go at least 3 years before recycling actors... I guess this is what we get for living in a smaller country where apparantly only a handful of actors actually want to be in one of the most popular and well known TV series we have.
                  Exactly my problem with that! Not only is it recycling actors, it's recycling a late S2 actor as an S3 regular.

I hope RTD has a good blag ready!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                    Exactly my problem with that! Not only is it recycling actors, it's recycling a late S2 actor as an S3 regular.

I hope RTD has a good blag ready!

I haven't seen Doomsday yet, so so far this season has been a real let down. What I liked Best; Tennant, Sarah-Jane/K9 and Satan.....

Other then that, RTD has really let me down this season....

Sorry I haven't been around this week............internet problems all.......

Build a Dalek
                    Build a TARDIS
                    The Police Box Website

Comment

I don't know if I can handle another character change in the series lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuallain

Ya, there is a bit of a double standard at time. Not that I think it's a terrible idea. I'm cool if mods can post things the rest of us can't (and then have them deleated two weeks after the fact). I just would like to know what the rules are before I played the game.

Either way, I suppose it is rather a moot point now.....Looking forward to watching Doomsday...!

Build a Dalek
                        Build a TARDIS
                        The Police Box Website

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
                          I haven't seen Doomsday yet, so so far this season has been a real let down. What I liked Best; Tennant, Sarah-Jane/K9 and Satan.....

Other then that, RTD has really let me down this season....
                          I'm afraid I have to agree with you. This season has been seriously lacking something, can't put my finger on it, but it hasn't had the same grab-factor or can't-bear-to-miss-one-second factor that last season had.
                          It certainly has had some very weak episodes this season, much more than last time...imo.

'All of this has happened before
                          And all of this will happen again
                          So say we all.'

Comment

Originally posted by Othere
                            I'm afraid I have to agree with you. This season has been seriously lacking something, can't put my finger on it, but it hasn't had the same grab-factor or can't-bear-to-miss-one-second factor that last season had.
                            It certainly has had some very weak episodes this season, much more than last time...imo.

Dude, you hit the nail on the head....

I understand that they can't all be perfect hits, and not all seasons are going to be wonderful. But this season is missing something. Something the original show had. That certain whimsical, magical feel that just grabbed you. Last season came pretty damn close. Close enough. But This season, excapt for David Tennant (who i thought was too young to play The Doctor....glad he prooved me wrong!) has been rather much a let down......

Build a Dalek
                            Build a TARDIS
                            The Police Box Website

Comment

Working...
                            X