This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the search not working ?

I just did a search for "ZPM" to find a thread I posted in about Atlantis' shields (if someone could point me to it , thx in advance), but it didn't find any results.

I think there should be a mention of ZPM on entire GW, so is the search funtion broken ?

There's actually two search options:

One says "Search Forums" and the other says "Search This Thread."

Use the "Search Forums" window. If you use the "Search This thread" window, it will only search in the current thread.

Comment

I did use the search forums option

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
        Well, the search is not the best i will admit. You may need to use the Advanced Search options. I find that using the Advanced Search sometimes gets things done for you better than the standard search.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
          Can you remember the name of the thread you posted in, and did you not subscribe to the thread? I did an advanced search by your username, but there was nothing at all for ZPM. That means there are no entries for ZPM? Strange, 'cause there ARE lots of threads that mention it.

I changed the keyword to 'Atlantis', and the search turned up 33 results, so the post you're looking for 'might' be there.
          Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 04 July 2006, 07:58 AM.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I don't remember the name of the thread and I didn't subscribe.

Maybe my post go vanished or something, anyway thx for the help all.

Btw I found out if you type ZPM* it works, maybe the searh has a minium of characters?

Edit: Found it

Comment

There is usually a 4 character minimum limit on searches on most boards, so that's probably what happened.

Comment

This is actually a limitation with the fulltext search of MySQL; and yes, it is a 4 character minimum, which unfortuantely, ZPM is only 3 .

Comment

Originally posted by moguai
                  This is actually a limitation with the fulltext search of MySQL; and yes, it is a 4 character minimum, which unfortuantely, ZPM is only 3 .
                  exactly. really bugs me. can't search for "sam" or "cam" or any number of other things. it makes sense, but still.

now then, this thread. maybe next time try Atlantis + Shield, or any relatively uncommon 4+ letter word you remember reading there. or go to one of your own posts, click on your name, and select "show all posts by Dutch_Razor".
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                  Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

That's a good idea thx.

Comment

Working...
                    X