Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will the US get Farscape Season sets?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the US get Farscape Season sets?

Seriously, I don't want to pay tons for 4-6 episodes, I'd like to buy the whole season. Also, while Earth: Final Conflict seasons 3-5 were released, seasons 1-2 have been in limbo for YEARS! Anyone know if these are going to be available soon?

Fulls season sets of Farscape have been available for quite some time in North America

They're just ridiculously expensive. I've not seen any general DVD or even specialty shops stock them. Only the big online retailers like Amazon and B&N. Usually their prices are about 100$ per season.
    Last edited by yaaayoubetcha; 04 July 2006, 06:55 AM.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
      Fulls season sets of Farscape have been available for quite some time in North America

They're just ridiculously expensive. I've not seen any general DVD or even specialty shops stock them. Only the big online retailers like Amazon and B&N. Usually they're prices are about 100$ per season.
      Ouch.....I think I'll stick to borrowing.....When will they ever realize that they'll sell a lot more if they lower the prices.....

Comment

Yeah I've seen them over at Best Buy, like $90 per season . The only thing I have on DVD is Peacekeeper Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
          Yeah I've seen them over at Best Buy, like $90 per season . The only thing I have on DVD is Peacekeeper Wars.
          I've been buying the Starburst Editions as they come out. Not badly priced at all really. And some nice bonus features as well. I have all the eps on tape or DVD, but am trying to finish them all on DVD.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They're just ridiculously expensive. I've not seen any general DVD or even specialty shops stock them. Only the big online retailers like Amazon and B&N. Usually they're prices are about 100$ per season.
            Jesus bloody christ! here in Australia the boxsets are only AU$40(US$30-32), although they dont have many special feautres, except season 1 which was also uncut. US$100 for one season? God i would go bankrupt

Comment

Over in the UK they are expensive in comparison as well. I'd like to get them but they are about £55 down from £90. I've never seen it lower and it never gets put in any sales - most box sets these days are about £27 ish in the UK.

A bit too much for me at the moment.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I've been buying the Starburst Editions as they come out. Not badly priced at all really. And some nice bonus features as well. I have all the eps on tape or DVD, but am trying to finish them all on DVD.
                Starburst Edition is the best one, definitely. Cheap in comparison to previous version, and for the lower price, much lower actually you're getting MUCH MORE, the new commentaries (for 14 or 15 episodes) recorded EXCLUSIVELY for Starburst Edition in addition to all previously released are really great bonus.
                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I entirely agree, I to been buying the Starburst collection and like everybody said it works perfectly for not having to spend 100 bucks instead maybe 60 maybe not even that much because some at Amazon are only 18. I love my Starburst collection and come on the shiney cover is awsome! LOL

Comment

I like to do the Froogle search on google, and you can find the whole seasons for not too bad of a price. I got season two for about $80. I know it sounds like a whole lot, but whenever i found the individual editions, they ended up costing more. you should give it a try

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                    hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

They're just ridiculously expensive. I've not seen any general DVD or even specialty shops stock them. Only the big online retailers like Amazon and B&N. Usually their prices are about 100$ per season.
                      Try $134.99 a set. It's extortion, but I may eventually give in and purcahse them.

Comment

ADV probably realized that many Farscape fans were obsessive and would have bought them regardless.

I bought the first season for $126 at Best Buy a year after it was released, the rest between $80 and $100. I'm hoping the starburst sets get boxed so I can get those....too. Maybe I'm too much of a Farscape fan.

Though I still don't have PKW on DVD. I want to import the R2 version since the R1 set looks terrible.
                        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

If youre really desperate to have a whole season boxset and have the proper equipment you can always buy the Australian editions. They are extremely cheap in compariosn and have a decent amount of special features - although they pale in comparison to the Starburst editions.

The following link leads to a major dvd company in Australia, there is a currency converter there too. They do export overseas.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/221277

And no i do not work for this company or in anyway benefit.

Comment

We are still waiting for a German version of season 4 and PKW !! We have season 1-3 (about €80) and the UK-versions (Amazon.de --> €159!!! )!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

I highly recommend buying the Starburst Edition DVDs. You can buy them for less than $50 per season at Deep Discount DVD and they have a lot more commentaries and extras than previous releases. The DVDs are worth it for the commentaries alone, my favourites being the commentary for the episode 'Jeremiah Crichton' (generally considered to be the worst Farscape ep) where Ben Browder, Claudia Black, David Kemper (writer/exec. producer) and Rockne O'Bannon (creator) explain why the ep is so bad, it's hilarious.

Another good one is the hidden commentary for 'Dog With Two Bones' with Ben Browder and David Kemper. It's very candid and they talk about the conflict between them creatively in making the episode. But all the commentaries are good especially the Ben and Claudia ones.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Working...
                              X