PDA

View Full Version : Possible ZPM device in Shades of Gray?

Conor
July 3rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
In "Shades of Gray", when Jack is talking to Alex for the first time, there is something that looks an awful lot like Ancient tech behind them, Looks like a ZPM prototype or something! Anyone else know what Im talking about?

Ok, Found a picture: http://www.stargatefan.com/episodes3/0318/images/278.jpg

Trek_Girl42
July 3rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
Woah.....it was probably unintentional in it's resemblance, but good spotting.:jack_new_anime07:

StarGi
July 3rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
She says it's an antigravity pod, nothing more.

Conor
July 3rd, 2006, 01:07 PM
Well anti-gravity can still be used as a power source:mckay: Perhaps they were experimenting with different types of power production before they settled on Zero Point Energy?:mckay:

freyr's mother
July 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
Has anyone ever thought that TPTB may have had the art department take some old props apart and construct new ones from the pieces of old ones?

Conor
July 3rd, 2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, thats probably what happened but within the world of Stargate, if they run into that again, they'll be like "Hey, you know what that looks like?"

2ndgenerationalteran
July 3rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
i think they said it was gould not ancient, but goulds probably ripped their tech off the ancients somaybe

Trek_Girl42
July 3rd, 2006, 05:56 PM
i think they said it was gould not ancient, but goulds probably ripped their tech off the ancients somaybe
I might be wrong, but I thought that the Goa'uld didn't know the significance of the ZPM (I'm thinking back to Zero Hour). Which means it would have nothing to do with a ZPM.....

Ltcolshepjumper
July 3rd, 2006, 07:18 PM
probably the same material

Conor
July 4th, 2006, 12:32 AM

Yeah they stole some healing tech and made a sarcophaugus from it. :mckay:
Hey maybe its a ZPM making machine:cameron: lol that would be great!

Trek_Girl42
July 4th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah they stole some healing tech and made a sarcophaugus from it. :mckay:
Hey maybe its a ZPM making machine:cameron: lol that would be great!
It can just spit them out "some assembly required". :lol:

2ndgenerationalteran
July 5th, 2006, 06:18 PM
ZPMs, wow but one on a ring and give it to your girlfriend. (ive always wanted to say that even if its not on topic :D)

SG-1ssm
July 5th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Woah.....it was probably unintentional in it's resemblance, but good spotting.:jack_new_anime07:

I concur, it's probably a coincidence.

Conor
July 7th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I found another bit of coincedental Ancient tech! In 2010, when Daniel is shooting the zat after Teal'c has dialled the gate, Daniel hides behind some lights that look alot like the lights in Atlantis!

2ndgenerationalteran
July 10th, 2006, 12:43 AM
well you cant expect them to spend a whole bunch of money on a prop and never use it again. they used the set for tollana as the same set as caprica on BSG

Trek_Girl42
July 10th, 2006, 12:21 PM
well you cant expect them to spend a whole bunch of money on a prop and never use it again. they used the set for tollana as the same set as caprica on BSG
Actually, I think both scenes were just filmed at UBC.....kind of a permanent set.....;)

2ndgenerationalteran
July 12th, 2006, 01:57 AM
nah, some one said it was simon fraiser U

captain jake
July 12th, 2006, 04:04 AM
I really don't want to re watch the episode, what was the use of that device? Perhaps the reason they look alike is they both have something to do with subspace....

Trek_Girl42
July 12th, 2006, 05:28 PM
nah, some one said it was simon fraiser U
I don't think so- I'm pretty sure BSG was credited with being filmed at UBC (that's what it said on the channel that aired the mini), and that's definitly the same place.

captain jake
July 28th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Alright well nobody answered my question so I answered it for myself.

The device is a anti gravity device it has nothing to do with subspace. I would suspect it was mad by the ancients however it has a totally different use than a zpm. Which leads me to believe that those crystals are simply for holding mass amounts of energy.