This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SGA Pro Season 3 Thread

Here's a place of all of us that are in favor of Season 3 of Atlantis, to positively discuss our thoughts on Season 3 of Atlantis. What are some of the positive things we think we'll see next season, what would we like to see, etc...

(And I would like Skydiver for giving me the greenlight to start this thread)
    sigpic

erm. Atlantis should go on for 15 season! yea!

Comment

and i'm gonna move this and the anti thread into the s2 folder for the time being until darren makes a s3 folder

the only reason i'm doing this is to limit the spoilers in the general area

same thing as in the anti thread please. if there's an off topic post, just report it and move on. please don't quote it.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If Atlantis manages to develop a backbone and break away from SG-1, it could hold great promise for the future.

I'll be interested to see where all the characters end up after S2. McKay, Zelenka, Lorne... And as long as Martin Gero is still on board penning scripts, then at least SOME of the stories will be good!

Comment

I remember how season 1 felt. Then season 2 came and so far i've enjoyed the change. I like the new characters and story lines. I hope season three dosen't stray to far from the current feel. Although I think it would be interesting to see the darker side of some characters.
          302's lead the way!

Comment

I like the way the show is progressing so far, and my hope for the next season is that we get to see more character development and more of the show finding its own identity. Crossovers with Sg-1 could work, but I'd like to see SGA break away from its parent and find its own feel. I'm really looking forward to January, next year, and many more years after that.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I'd like to see some backstory on Zelenka. He's probably my favorite recurring character of all time, and TPTB could do a lot of creative things with his background, and give him a lot of depth. I liked the idea SilverDamascus had in his fanfic "Angel of Atlantis" (on FF.net) – it would be cool if that were canon. I obviously don't expect it to be, but it would work if it were.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Backstory! I want more character development for pretty much all the characters. In particular Sheppard because we really don't know much about him. The show has been established now, it's time to dive into some meatier stories. I thought this season's Instinct and Conversion were great. The potential is there for some really great stuff.

I'd also like the show to become a little more independent from SG-1. I liked S1 because they were cut off and couldn't rely on Earth.
                Spoiler:
                I kind of hope the rumour about AT being on Atlantis isn't true. I don't suppose I'd mind a crossover or two because they can be fun when they're done correctly but SGA is its own show.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                  Backstory! I want more character development for pretty much all the characters.
                  I couldn't agree more! We know bits and pieces of everyone's history, but I'm really curious how people got where they are. My interest really lies in Weir, though. I'm curious what made her so anti-military in the first place.
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I'm all for Season 3. Season 2 hasn't disappointed me at all, and if Brad and Martin and the rest of the crew can keep up the good quality episodes, it'll prove to be very interesting indeed.

Comment

I see no reason why S3 shouldn't go forward. From the spoilers for the back half of S2, it sounds like the characters and the setting will continue to be developed, so there should be plenty of opportunities for S3. I just hope the show take as big a step forward in S3 as it did in S2.

a time to mourn

Comment

The show has been going along fine. All the characters are still enjoyable, non are annoying and I look forward to seeing them every week. I missed Altantis terribly last week so it has not come close to running out of steam for me. I say a big YES to season 3.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

As SGA is my favourite tv-show, I have to say...yeah...as many seasons as possible please

I love the characters and they absolutely need more character developement. It's alway's difficult for a spin-off to exist beside the original show, but I think Atlantis now has the special....charimsa, that SG1 lost in the last 2-3 years (IMHO).

Comment

I'm very pleased with Season 2 so far, so am delighted there's going to be a season 3. I want them to carry on developing the characters and making an entertaining action-packed show!
                            The only concern I have is the AT situation. What worries me is that the direction of the show will change, and less time and storylines will be devoted to the characters I have come to love! I worry also for AT, but that's a separate issue.
                            sigpic

Comment

Do we know already in how many episodes she'll be in SGA? I mean, when it's 3 episodes or so...o.k I maybe can live with it...but 10 would be definitely tooooooooo much! I fear, that she'd either suppress Elizabeth or John....both inacceptable!

Comment

Working...
                              X