PDA

View Full Version : The SGA Pro Season 3 Thread

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 10th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Here's a place of all of us that are in favor of Season 3 of Atlantis, to positively discuss our thoughts on Season 3 of Atlantis. What are some of the positive things we think we'll see next season, what would we like to see, etc...

(And I would like Skydiver for giving me the greenlight to start this thread)

Erised
November 10th, 2005, 06:33 PM
erm. Atlantis should go on for 15 season! yea!

Skydiver
November 10th, 2005, 06:40 PM
and i'm gonna move this and the anti thread into the s2 folder for the time being until darren makes a s3 folder

the only reason i'm doing this is to limit the spoilers in the general area

same thing as in the anti thread please. if there's an off topic post, just report it and move on. please don't quote it.

ShadowMaat
November 10th, 2005, 06:42 PM
If Atlantis manages to develop a backbone and break away from SG-1, it could hold great promise for the future. :)

I'll be interested to see where all the characters end up after S2. McKay, Zelenka, Lorne... And as long as Martin Gero is still on board penning scripts, then at least SOME of the stories will be good! :P

SGRanger06
November 10th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I remember how season 1 felt. Then season 2 came and so far i've enjoyed the change. I like the new characters and story lines. I hope season three dosen't stray to far from the current feel. Although I think it would be interesting to see the darker side of some characters.

SnoggingPicard
November 10th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I like the way the show is progressing so far, and my hope for the next season is that we get to see more character development and more of the show finding its own identity. Crossovers with Sg-1 could work, but I'd like to see SGA break away from its parent and find its own feel. I'm really looking forward to January, next year, and many more years after that.

CeeKay Sheppard
November 10th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I'd like to see some backstory on Zelenka. He's probably my favorite recurring character of all time, and TPTB could do a lot of creative things with his background, and give him a lot of depth. I liked the idea SilverDamascus had in his fanfic "Angel of Atlantis" (on FF.net) – it would be cool if that were canon. I obviously don't expect it to be, but it would work if it were.

Naeara
November 10th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Backstory! I want more character development for pretty much all the characters. In particular Sheppard because we really don't know much about him. The show has been established now, it's time to dive into some meatier stories. I thought this season's Instinct and Conversion were great. The potential is there for some really great stuff.

I'd also like the show to become a little more independent from SG-1. I liked S1 because they were cut off and couldn't rely on Earth. I kind of hope the rumour about AT being on Atlantis isn't true. I don't suppose I'd mind a crossover or two because they can be fun when they're done correctly but SGA is its own show.

xfkirsten
November 10th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Backstory! I want more character development for pretty much all the characters.

I couldn't agree more! We know bits and pieces of everyone's history, but I'm really curious how people got where they are. My interest really lies in Weir, though. I'm curious what made her so anti-military in the first place.

White Knight
November 10th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I'm all for Season 3. Season 2 hasn't disappointed me at all, and if Brad and Martin and the rest of the crew can keep up the good quality episodes, it'll prove to be very interesting indeed.

Hatcheter
November 10th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I see no reason why S3 shouldn't go forward. From the spoilers for the back half of S2, it sounds like the characters and the setting will continue to be developed, so there should be plenty of opportunities for S3. I just hope the show take as big a step forward in S3 as it did in S2.

AGateFan
November 11th, 2005, 01:12 AM
The show has been going along fine. All the characters are still enjoyable, non are annoying and I look forward to seeing them every week. I missed Altantis terribly last week so it has not come close to running out of steam for me. I say a big YES to season 3.

Dorka
November 11th, 2005, 01:13 AM
As SGA is my favourite tv-show, I have to say...yeah...as many seasons as possible please :D

I love the characters and they absolutely need more character developement. It's alway's difficult for a spin-off to exist beside the original show, but I think Atlantis now has the special....charimsa, that SG1 lost in the last 2-3 years (IMHO).

Linzi
November 11th, 2005, 01:26 AM
I'm very pleased with Season 2 so far, so am delighted there's going to be a season 3. I want them to carry on developing the characters and making an entertaining action-packed show!
The only concern I have is the AT situation. What worries me is that the direction of the show will change, and less time and storylines will be devoted to the characters I have come to love! I worry also for AT, but that's a separate issue.

Dorka
November 11th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Do we know already in how many episodes she'll be in SGA? I mean, when it's 3 episodes or so...o.k I maybe can live with it...but 10 would be definitely tooooooooo much! I fear, that she'd either suppress Elizabeth or John....both inacceptable!

Erised
November 11th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Atlantis will be around for awhile. All the good shows I saw are at leat 5-6 season long (correct me if I'm wrong)

Dorka
November 11th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Atlantis will be around for awhile. All the good shows I saw are at leat 5-6 season long (correct me if I'm wrong)

:S The Lost World had only 3 seasons *mourns*

But yeah, I think they'll be around for at least 5 seasons... I mean they have 7 (or was it 6???) years-contracts... ;)

Erised
November 11th, 2005, 03:35 AM
:S The Lost World had only 3 seasons *mourns*

But yeah, I think they'll be around for at least 5 seasons... I mean they have 7 (or was it 6???) years-contracts... ;)
oh I don't even know about that show :D so that's why it had 3 seasons :D

Blue007
November 11th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Just keep things running smooth and progressing like in Season 2 and Season 3 will be great....Really looking forward to January and where things will go.

True SGA fans will hang in there, even if there is a bump in the road now & then.

freyr's mother
November 11th, 2005, 11:31 AM
I hope things go back to the way they were in the back half of season one.

Dr Weir
November 11th, 2005, 02:46 PM
erm. Atlantis should go on for 15 season! yea!
Higher! I love SGA so far, more than I like sg1 at the mo and don't understand any1 who doesn't. :S There definitely should be a S3, can't wait to see what happens in that season. Maybe there'll be more development on the allies possibly introduced in that last ep of S2.
Backstory! I want more character development for pretty much all the characters. In particular Sheppard because we really don't know much about him. The show has been established now, it's time to dive into some meatier stories.I agree. Before he left the MW he didn't seem to have any1 to say goodbye to and in letters from Pegasus, he didn't want to have a message from him sent to any1 he knew personally. I would like to know why.

srg
November 14th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Well I'm very happy with SGA so far. I agree with some of the misgivings about teh ancients but of course their going to have more and more encounters with the wraith so I'm throughly enjoying SGA at the moment, beats SG1 s9 hands down IMHO.

ShadowMaat
November 14th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Hell, Surface beats SG-1's season 9, and it's about as deep as the tissue paper it's written on. :P

I'm having fun playing both sides of the fence on this one. There are aspects that have me nervous/cynical, but there's also a lot left to love- McKay, Lorne, Zelenka... ;) And it does hold a lot of potential. Hopefully they'll actually explore the show's potential and take a lot of chances.

srg
November 14th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Hell, Surface beats SG-1's season 9, and it's about as deep as the tissue paper it's written on. :P

I've never heard of Surface so I'll take your word for it, but by the sounds of it, it's not very good.

I'm having fun playing both sides of the fence on this one. There are aspects that have me nervous/cynical, but there's also a lot left to love- McKay, Lorne, Zelenka... ;) And it does hold a lot of potential. Hopefully they'll actually explore the show's potential and take a lot of chances.

When you posted that I was at first a bit taken aback after the scathing post you put in the anti thread, anyway I'd like to see a lot more of Zelenka (I just relate to him much more than McKay) and hope they do bring the show to it's full potential.

Eoin
November 14th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Im all for 20 more seasons of SGA :D

CalmStorm
November 14th, 2005, 04:04 PM
If Atlantis manages to develop a backbone and break away from SG-1, it could hold great promise for the future. :)

Uhh
**scratches head and wonders if that is sarcasm**

If not, I'm not certain where you are coming from on that one. SGA, to me, has been a stand alone. I only watched SG-1 on occassion prior to the launch of SGA. Now I watch both shows, but do not see SGA as leaning on SG-1 for support or see a need to develop a backbone as I see one already in place.

As for a Season 3.....most definately in favor of :)

ShadowMaat
November 14th, 2005, 05:43 PM
CalmStorm, I answered your query in the general S3 discussion (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4668827#post4668827) thread because what I had to say wasn't positive enough for this thread. ;)

Caylynn
November 15th, 2005, 05:32 AM
I'm looking forward to season 3. :)

Like just about everyone else, I'd like to see more backstory for all of the main characters. I'd also like to see them exploring the city a little more.

Part 2 of season 2 begins airing on Nov. 21st, and I can't wait. :) I hope SGA goes on for many, many seasons to come. :)

knocknashee
November 15th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Whilst I am in favour of S3, I think the whole connection to Earth has made things a little too convenient. And so far, very few of the eps in S2 have impressed me.

I look forward to seeing what S3 brings, but I think they need to raise their game a little...

Hatcheter
November 16th, 2005, 03:55 AM
I don't think this has been posted here yet, forgive me if it has.

Another reason to be pro-season 3: according to imdb (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1236625/), Martin Gero was promoted to producer in the back half of season 2, while Carl Binder is a co-executive producer. They are Atlantis' two best writers, IMO, and now have a larger say in the show's overal development and direction. :cool:

skritsys
November 17th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I am really enjoying SGA because it is totally different than SG1. Different characters entirely, new setting, new cast. There have been quite a few good eps and I have totally been blown away by the acting of the cast. SGA deserves to run just as long as SG1. There are some good stories waiting to be told. As long as they do not follow the pattern of S9 of SG1, SGA should do well and run for quite some time.

TechnoBoY
November 19th, 2005, 05:56 AM
Although I dont like season 2 as much as I did season 1 I am Pre S3! The show is new so it still has a lot of potential! Unlike SG1 which I dont think can be fixed SGA still can be really really good! So go season 3!

srg
November 19th, 2005, 10:23 AM
I am really enjoying SGA because it is totally different than SG1. Different characters entirely, new setting, new cast. There have been quite a few good eps and I have totally been blown away by the acting of the cast. SGA deserves to run just as long as SG1. There are some good stories waiting to be told. As long as they do not follow the pattern of S9 of SG1, SGA should do well and run for quite some time.

Good acting IMHO is one thing that has characterised Stargate from the very beginning.

Skyler
November 20th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Backstory! I want more character development for pretty much all the characters. In particular Sheppard because we really don't know much about him. The show has been established now, it's time to dive into some meatier stories. I thought this season's Instinct and Conversion were great. The potential is there for some really great stuff.

I agree. Like why is Weir so anti-military? Did something happen in her past that made her that way? And Sheppard, we don't know alot about him, they need to dive into him more. And what happened to Teyla's people? Is seems they up and dissapeared! They need to bring them back more, and dive into more of their history too.

I concur on your take on Instinct and Conversion. Conversion was great! If season 3 can keep pace with this current season, and they dive into more backstories of the characters it will be awesome!

Also something I would love to see is more interaction with characters that (imo) haven't had alot of quality scenes in season 2 (so far). For example, Weir/Teyla, Weir/Dex and McKay/Teyla. I think they explored some pairings (and I don't mean romatically!!) McKay/Sheppard in "Trinity", and Dex/Teyla in a few episodes. But they need to mix it up a bit. Put Teyla and Weir in an off-world situation where they need to find a way back to Atlantis... a McKay/Teyla pairing in that situation would be funny... :D

I think season 3 will be great, as long as they don't stop character development for action. I love action, but there needs to be a balance.

ShadowMaat
November 20th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I think Weir needs to go offworld more often. She's a trained diplomat, is she not? So put those skills to use! Otherwise, what's the point of having her around?

It can't be a matter of her not wanting to leave Atlantis in someone else's hands because a) that shows massive distrust on her part and b) she has no trouble ditching the city to go back to Earth.

It also can't be a matter of her (or her "people") being afraid that something will happen to her offworld because a) she's been offworld before, and in one particular case it was a very dangerous situation, and b) it again speaks of distrust- that she doesn't trust her people to take care of her or, worse, that she's too afraid to go.

I know none of that is true (or it'd better not be), so why not show she's the type who is just as willing to lay it all on the line as anyone else? Besides, it'd be another great way to distinguish Atlantis from SG-1, because Hammond rarely went offworld. Of course, he rarely had to, but IMO, the situation on Atlantis is quite different. I think the show would benefit from a more interactive CO/unofficial mayor. :)

Skyler
November 20th, 2005, 11:21 PM
I think Weir needs to go offworld more often. She's a trained diplomat, is she not? So put those skills to use! Otherwise, what's the point of having her around?

It can't be a matter of her not wanting to leave Atlantis in someone else's hands because a) that shows massive distrust on her part and b) she has no trouble ditching the city to go back to Earth.

It also can't be a matter of her (or her "people") being afraid that something will happen to her offworld because a) she's been offworld before, and in one particular case it was a very dangerous situation, and b) it again speaks of distrust- that she doesn't trust her people to take care of her or, worse, that she's too afraid to go.

I know none of that is true (or it'd better not be), so why not show she's the type who is just as willing to lay it all on the line as anyone else? Besides, it'd be another great way to distinguish Atlantis from SG-1, because Hammond rarely went offworld. Of course, he rarely had to, but IMO, the situation on Atlantis is quite different. I think the show would benefit from a more interactive CO/unofficial mayor. :)

I had never thought of it as a way of distinguishing Atlantis from SG-1. That is a good point. And I agree she needs to go off-world more, and yes, if she is not going to be the diplomat she has been trained to be, why should she stay? I agree!

I think that the show DOES need to show that Weir would lay it all down on the line for her people. It would be really great to see her in a life-and-death situation (or so we THINK so) that would determine Atlantis and it's crews fate.

Crichton
November 21st, 2005, 12:30 AM
Ronon. Best call Atlantis has made in Season 2 hands down.

AutumnDream
November 21st, 2005, 01:37 AM
Ronan is totally the man. :D

I'm looking forward to Season 3 just to see more of all of em'!

Crichton
November 21st, 2005, 01:42 AM
I had never thought of it as a way of distinguishing Atlantis from SG-1. That is a good point. And I agree she needs to go off-world more, and yes, if she is not going to be the diplomat she has been trained to be, why should she stay? I agree!
I personally think that Weir is the new Piccard, Piccard went offworld from time to time and got involved. I'm not saying TPTB should just blatantly copy some of Next Gen's formula's but it doesn't hurt to study one of the best series and see what worked for them. They have the futuristic, international vibe of Atlantis, and for the most part are isolated aswell. Not to mention they are the recipe for making a successful spin-off.

Chrysalis
November 21st, 2005, 01:52 AM
I'm all for Season 3. Season 2 hasn't disappointed me at all, and if Brad and Martin and the rest of the crew can keep up the good quality episodes, it'll prove to be very interesting indeed.

I love that there's going to be a season three, when we haven't even seen season two here! It's exciting. I'm starting to like this show more than I ever liked SG1, and that's saying something.
I think they have the benefit of having dealt with so many issues on SG1 that TPTB had a headstart when it came to Atlantis.
I'd love more character development -- especially with Weir, Beckett and Sheppard. I think Rodney's the character we know most about on Atlantis, purely because he was a character on SG1.
I want to know more about how Weir dealt with the issue of suddenly working with military people, how Shep ended up in Antarctica, and just anything background wise about Beckett, now that he's a regular castmember.

Crichton
November 21st, 2005, 01:53 AM
Good acting IMHO is one thing that has characterised Stargate from the very beginning.
...and rocket launchers. Right from the beginning, seriously.

Crichton
November 21st, 2005, 01:55 AM
Hopefully they'll actually explore the show's potential and take a lot of chances.
The 4400, now THAT'S how you take chances-:)

The Engineer
November 21st, 2005, 10:43 AM
A link about the cast of Atlantis:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/1...nonforne.shtml (http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/11/istargateicastssignonforne.shtml)

........all the regulars from season 2 are back.

lily
February 10th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Since I'm in several SGA and SG-1 lists (Yahoo groups), and besides I have a real life (:p), I don't have time to read this forum as much as I'd like to. So I read some posts in some folders and reply to something from time to time :)

I can't believe the ANTI s3 thread is on page 1, and that the PRO s3 is on page 3. So are really all the fans here at Gateworld anti s3? Or is it that the ANTI ones are more vocal?

I have friends I made in other lists (who don't post here at Gateworld, though) that they didn't like SGA's season 1, but they got into SGA in full mode with season 2, and they're big fans now, because they say that the show keeps getting better and better. Others even say that SGA's season 1 was pretty poor but that the show improved a LOT in season 2, so they're becoming fans of the Atlantis now... However here at Gateworld and a couple of lists I've been reading so many negative things from the fans about Atlantis, that I wonder why everybody keeps watching a show they think it's almost crap now. Sigh.

Me? I love both seasons of SGA, but if I had to rate them, season 2 would come in a first place, and by that I'm NOT saying that the first season is bad. Not at all. The stories in season 1 were good, but I felt that there wasn't much character development (which is fine for a show's first season). Both characters and actors were just starting to know each other. Season 2 is my favorite for now. Why? Because not only the stories were good but we also got more character development. Sure, we had more stand-alone episodes than story arcs, but I don't see that as a bad thing. Several of my all time fave episodes in SG-1 are stand-alone. And besides, how we know they're really stand alone in SGA? In SG-1 sometimes we had lots of episodes between a certain thing and its follow up in another season. So maybe some stuff we saw in SGA's s2 and that we consider a stand-alone episode, will pay off in season 3 or even in season 4 or hopefully in season 20 :D

So for me, Atlantis is a great show and, IMHO, the quality has NOT gone downhill, so I'm totally PRO season 3.

If I had to rate the seasons, overall I'd say:

season 1: 80/100
season 2: 95/100

Hopefully season 3 will be 100/100. LOL

Mitchell82
May 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
This is a place for all of us who are excited of season three. I thought I would start this thread after seeing all the bashing and complaints on the threads. I have nothing against people expressing their opinions on the show good or bad. That said I want to say I think it's silly to complain on an episode/season based on spoilers 90% of the time they are inacurate.
I happen to be one of the fans that have really enjoyed the entire season of Sg-1 and Antlantis. There were a few episodes in Antlantis that wernt the best "Tower". However I did enjoy Tower and the entire season. There are always episodes that are better than others in any tv show. As I said I enjoyed both shows all season and can't wait till season 10 and 3. I happen to like the crossovers that will happen in SG-1 and Atlantis, I think the caracters are growing in both shows and I think they still have alot of potential. In my opinion bring on season 15 of Sg-1 and Atlantis!:sheppard:

Falcon Horus
May 8th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I'll join cause I'm also one of those people who is eagerly awaiting the new seasons.

And as is true, you can't judge an episode you haven't seen yet. You can speculate and discuss what could happen but you can only afterwards say what you really liked of it.

lissa1000
May 8th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Sateda looks like it's going to be really good. I can't wait to see it.:)

Wilson3Girl
May 8th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Looking forward to "McCabe and Mrs. Miller". :)

Wilson3Girl

nightowl300
May 9th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I'm looking forward to Season 3 of SGA and Season 10 of SG-1. Season 3 of SGA looks promising.

pavaneofstars
May 9th, 2006, 09:09 PM
yes, quite looking forward to season 3! Have to know what happens to McKay and Shepherd and how they keep the Wraith from getting to earth Sateda is sounding like a great ep and I can't wait for McKay and Mrs. Miller :)

p.s. Does one really need to use spoiler tags since this is all speculation anyways? I have seen others use them in similar threads so just going along with the flow. ;)

vaberella
May 9th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I'm awaiting Teyla flying a ship!! I can't wait too much longer for that. Actually that's the one really pulling me in...oh and when Atlantis is taken over by the Asurans..and hopefully the eps with Woolsey..I've been hearing good things about that guy from my mates who watch SG1.

Oh also I can't wait for Sateda. I only got snippets of Ronon...so this is gonna be good. All I know is that Ronon is a military specialist (i.e. Runner), of what we have no idea. He's an amazing shot ( i.e. Duet) He's an amazing tracker (i.e. Instinct, Conversion, Michael), and he's good with math (i.e. Aurora). He has a level of reason...(i.e. Michael,Inferno). Other than that...I'm running on empty. And I had to rewatch to even get those. So I can't wait until Ronon so no longer so enigmatic.

VB

Betelgeuze
May 9th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I'm also looking forward to season 3.

travis
May 9th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Yay go pro season 3.
I,m really looking forward to two-parter where the Asuran's take over the city.

spirited Chihiro
May 10th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Season three is going to be the awesome, full of character development and action! Season 1 was for character introductions and season 2 for developing further furture stories... and so season 3 is going to be the settling in season..so AWESOME!

Elinor
May 10th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Yep...I'm looking forward to s3 as well!

I really like that, from the spoilers I've allowed myself to read so far, it seems that each of the characters are getting an episode focusing on them (not seen one for Teyla yet though, but there will be at least two for Sheppard) and that's a very good sign!

Can't wait!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-005.gif

LadyBozi
May 10th, 2006, 04:38 PM
S3 is going to be good. XD Cant wait!!

Mitchell82
May 10th, 2006, 09:02 PM
So good to se e people enjoying Atlantis. After reading all the negative I was starting to wonder if I was the only one enjoying Atlantis and Sg-1. I really enjoyed last seasons of both shows and really looking forward to the new seasons. I also think the changes have been good so far and think the shows have alot of potential and believe atlantis can last as long as Sg-1 (crosses fingers) and wish I had a time machine and could go directly to July! Anyone know how to contact Dr. Emmit Brown?Lol:jack: Any go seasons 15 SG-1 and Atlantis!

Jack: How'd it go?
Carter: We kicked their asses!
Jack: They had asses?

pavaneofstars
May 10th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I would like to explore Teyla's past some more. How did she get to be the Athosian leader? What was her child hood like? Maybe an ep that spends some time with the Athosians on the mainland. What are they doing over there anyhow? Just some thoughts. :)

vaberella
May 10th, 2006, 09:44 PM
I would like to explore Teyla's past some more. How did she get to be the Athosian leader? What was her child hood like? Maybe an ep that spends some time with the Athosians on the mainland. What are they doing over there anyhow? Just some thoughts. :)
You get a green for this, you should come to the Teyla Appreciation thread...and there's a party on the way there.

But I think that would be great, RL hasn't mentioned anything about a centered ep on her besides her flying a ship. But I would like to see it, maybe see if her Dad is alive, as for the Athosian's that would great to know how the harvesting is going....I really would like to see Halling again, and not as a Wraith. Maybe find out about more of her family...I want to hear talk about her mother. An Athosian day is definitely needed as an ep!

But on top of this..I'm wanting to see Ford, I really would love to see him in at least one ep in S3, I would prefer 5 (don't want to push my luck), but at least 1.

VB:teyla: :ford:

bluealien
May 11th, 2006, 01:48 AM
I am very excited about season three and for the most part I loved season two. The Tower was the only episode that I didn't like. There were some things in other eps that I thought might of had more potential but it didn't stop my enjoyment of those eps.

I have also been very surprised by the negativity and glad to see a positive thread.

I'm really looking foward to the two part season opener and am looking forward to a lot more character development especially Sheppard.:)

Willow'sCat
May 11th, 2006, 02:54 AM
I would like to explore Teyla's past some more. How did she get to be the Athosian leader? What was her child hood like? Maybe an ep that spends some time with the Athosians on the mainland. What are they doing over there anyhow? Just some thoughts. :)Now that is something I can get behind, at first I wasn't fussed about Teyla mostly because they seem to want to portray her as the 'alien' on SGA, but then in S2 they started to open her character up more.

IMO she became the moral compass (ignoring The Tower) of the Team and the show.

Do we need to use spoiler tags? :S Just in case...

Of course looking forward to McKay and Mrs Miller, and want to see what happens with Woosley... maybe not a popular move but I am still interested and wow Jack! JACK! :D Paint me excited about that!

So anyway in short, yes looking forward to S3 with some reservations.;)

Koshi700
May 13th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I just wanted to say I am *so* looking forward to season 3 I think it's going to rock big time!

Don't let the negative comments get you down. If you look at who's saying them, you'll usually see that it's the same people over and over again. They're just more vocal about what they don't like, then we are about what we do like. :)

Though sometimes I do question whether some of them are acutal fans of the show as some of them never seem to be happy with anything they see on the show. Some have legitimate reasons to complain, but I get the feeling that some of them if not most of them complain just for the sake of complaining. But that is neither here nor there, and everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Like I said though, don't let it get you down. SGA and SG1 rock and are going to be around for a long time yet. :)

the fifth man
May 14th, 2006, 06:40 PM
July can't come fast enough. Glad to see another season of SGA.

I totally agree. July 14 will be a blessed day, with the returns of SG-1 and SGA. Two of the best shows on tv.:)

npattis
May 14th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Indeed, July 14th is now my new Holy day! Hopefully we will get to see Caldwell kick ass in SG-1 as well.

the fifth man
May 14th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Indeed, July 14th is now my new Holy day! Hopefully we will get to see Caldwell kick ass in SG-1 as well.

That would definitely work for me.:)

bluealien
May 15th, 2006, 01:01 AM
I'm trying to be optimistic for season three and as much as I would like some character developement I really don't want to see whole episodes centered just around one character and that seems like all we are getting for the first 6eps or so. I much prefer team eps and I don't really want to know about McKays family or get inside Weirs head.

As to the cross overs I really don't want to see any SG1 characters appear on Atlantis and I don't understand why on earth so many of them will be appearing. Altantis should be left with his own characters to carry the show. I tune in to see the Atlantis cast not the SG1 cast.:S

pavaneofstars
May 15th, 2006, 09:20 AM
I don't mind the cross overs so much, I think it will be fun. Just my opinion. :) There's an interview with Martin Gero (http://www.gateworld.net/articles/interviews/gero01.shtml) who sheds some light on season three. Of particular interest to me was the McKay and Mrs. Miller ep and picking up the thread on the Hot Zone enemy, the makers of the nanovirus

nightowl300
May 15th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I am looking forward to Season 3 of SGA. Hopefully there will be more character developement.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
June 8th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I've decide to bump this thread mainly because the Anti Thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20046) is getting hot (post wise) so I decide to bump it to page 1.

Mitchell82
June 8th, 2006, 11:16 PM
I'm glad this thread started up again. So far with all the spoilers for SG-1 and SGA I am really looking forward to July! I believe the new season of both shows is going to rock! I havent read a spoiler I havent liked or found interesting. I even like "Irresitable" and "Irresponsible", I can't wait for July! This season is going to rock because Stargate Sg-1 and Stargate Atlantis are the two best shows on television and bring on July! Go Stargate season 20!:weir:

Jack: How'd it go?

Carter: We kicked their asses!

Jack: They had asses?

wyndhamfan
June 9th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Hello, I mostly lurk like 99% of the time, but I just had to say something after seeing both the Anti-s3 thread and pro s-3 thread. :)

I'm glad that this thread exists! I was starting to wonder if I'm contrary for liking Stargate Atlantis :P

To be truthful, I like Season 1 better. I thought the episodes were more exciting. I think reading the spoilers in Season 2 spoilt it for me. I expected far too much - I wanted character development badly - and was dissapointed by Epiphany because of it. If I had not read the spoilers, I would've liked the episode for what it is :)

I didn't like Tower on account of the silly medieval costumes, oh well.

Season 3 will be great. :) I really, really, really, really hope they tell us more about Sheppard because I'm starting to wonder why everyone has more backstory than him! We know more about the rest of the team, than about our hero.

I noticed that there's lots of intense Shep and McKay dislike on the ANti thread.

I loved the two, for Shep's laidback ways and for McKays snappy snark. I wouldn't stick around if it weren't for them.

Then in Season 2, I was doubtful about Ronon, but then I grew to like him. Scarily .. .I think I like him better than FOrd.

I have great hopes for season 3. :) I hope they make some alliances instead of make enemies left and right like they've been doing for the past two seasons ... but ... with the new threat ... guess not!!

pyrodude
June 9th, 2006, 06:32 AM
I hope that we see more of the Genii in season 3. But it is still going to be great if they dont appear.

OutThere
June 9th, 2006, 11:02 AM
I have a very good reason for watching Atlantis, and for looking forward to season 3:

My brain needs fluffing.

I just find Atlantis to be entertaining. I love McKay and Sheppard's scenes together. Love Weir, and Teyla, and Beckett, and Zelenka. Possibly even Ronon. I don't think the show is perfect-- and I'm sure I'll get around to complaining about this or that aspect of it sooner or later-- but I still enjoy it.

I think reading the spoilers in Season 2 spoilt it for me. I expected far too much

Yes, I'm wondering if I'm doing that to myself with season 3. Just when I finally decided I want to watch the show, SciFi stops showing it, so I came online to get my Atlantis fix. I'll find out soon enough if this will infringe on my enjoyment of the show....

Easter Lily
June 9th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Just been nosing around the new season photos, spurred on by the promo pics.

I feel reasonably optimistic about S3 with some of the stories they seem to be coming up with. The only one that worries me is Irresistible and maybe... Irresponsible...
I like the look of Sateda and The Real World... anything that is potentially angsty sounds good to me.

For more continuity in SGA please!

wyndhamfan
June 10th, 2006, 04:09 AM
Since I like irreverant episodes like Duet, I'm kinda looking forward to Irresistable. :P

I mean, come on, wasn't anyone tickled by the "McKay" flirting with Carson bit? No? Ok, maybe just me. Or that awkward date between McKay's date and Carson??

Am looking forward to the funny eps. :P

Cam_Mitchell
July 3rd, 2006, 07:44 AM
Sorry bout this 1 mistake sorri sorri sorri Reply to other 1 not this 1 and how do i remove this 1 if anyone else can please do...

Cam_Mitchell
July 3rd, 2006, 07:46 AM
Im lookin forward to lookin into ronans past lol oh and obviously finding more out bout the wraith

--Gaz--

Arlessiar
July 3rd, 2006, 08:39 AM
Sorry bout this 1 mistake sorri sorri sorri Reply to other 1 not this 1 and how do i remove this 1 if anyone else can please do... Go to the Ask The Mods thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17629&page=151), give them the URL of this thread and ask them to delete it. :)
And while you're there you can also ask them to change the title of the thread you want to keep because your 'thread' misses an 'a'. ;)

And sorry to be a pain, but aren't there already other pro season 3 threads out there? I'm not sure, I just have the feeling I saw that already :)

ETA:
Found it:Pro season 3 (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=20045&page=4&highlight=pro+season+3)

Bye, A.

Atlantis1
July 3rd, 2006, 10:01 AM
I watched the promo video in the Common Ground thread and now I am getting really desperate. That looks awesome. Also read the scanned page on the thread Prion was nice enough to put up there. Don't know how they are going to work that show but I want!!

This season looks like we may get more character development.

Gate Geek
July 3rd, 2006, 11:46 AM
I am looking forward to S3. I need some new one line zingers spewed forth by Sheppard and McKay to add into my everyday speech. :D

Here's to 11 more LONG days!! Can't wait!!!

Oranos
July 3rd, 2006, 01:43 PM
Not much longer till the new eps start up again and I can't wait. It sounds like there will be some great episodes coming this way. Did I mention that I can't wait? :D

SilverLily
July 4th, 2006, 09:18 AM
woooooohooooooooooo can't wait for S3!! Im soooooo excited yipeeeeeeee

:sheppard: :ronan: :teyla: :mckay: = BEST TEAM EVER! And of course! :weir: !!!

lissa1000
July 28th, 2006, 02:00 PM
I'm bumping this up, because I think this thread is underutilized. On topic...Irresistible could end up being really funny.

Gate Geek
July 28th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Just found this thread! I too am excited about S3. I have been very happy with the sequence of events so far. I thought the whole michael/retrovirus arc was well done.

Now, if we can follow up on the character development as we've been told, S3 can turn out to be on of the better seasons so far.

Cory Holmes
July 28th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Now, if we can follow up on the character development as we've been told, S3 can turn out to be on of the better seasons so far.

I find that the character development, while hotly anticipated, isn't quite what I'm looking forward to. SGA has gone above and beyond in showing us the charactes are more than the standard cliche and pre-moulded archetypes. Each character has a few lines or actions that proves that they're original and interesting people to watch. Not many shows have the courage to do that.

Gate Geek
July 28th, 2006, 04:31 PM
I find that the character development, while hotly anticipated, isn't quite what I'm looking forward to. SGA has gone above and beyond in showing us the charactes are more than the standard cliche and pre-moulded archetypes. Each character has a few lines or actions that proves that they're original and interesting people to watch. Not many shows have the courage to do that.

To some degree I agree with you. I think some areas of the characters are cliched and premolded - Shep is the 'hero', Teyla the pretty alien, McKay the resident geek (I mean tha in a good way!). But you are right, we have been given insights into these characters that make them wholly unique and interesting to watch.

I feel the writers missed some interesting story concepts though - Shep's ATA gene, Teyla's connection to her people, and of course, though not exactly people related - discovery of Atlantis itself. I am hoping S3 will explore some of these ideas so there is a better foundation as to why these characters do/say what they do.

I was quite impressed with the first two eps of S3. Right or wrong decisions aside, the whole of the situation led to some great character moments. That's all I ask.

HirogenGater
July 28th, 2006, 06:26 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, I have am looking forward to Atlantis each week, much more than in Season 1.

Mitchell82
July 28th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, I have am looking forward to Atlantis each week, much more than in Season 1.
Me too! I love each week and I really enjoyed Irresistable and looking forward to Richard reprising his role in Ireesponsible!

travis
July 28th, 2006, 08:05 PM
With you there HirogenGater
Just to kill the waiting period I tend to watch the previous eps over and over again:)

Gate Geek
July 28th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I too find myself excited for the coming week's episode. Haven't had that reaction since S1. Feels kinda good. :D

Lauriel
August 1st, 2006, 10:39 AM
I love SGA! I was excited for S3 to start, and I've seen nothing to disprove that excitement. I still bounce around waiting for the next one, then sit there grinning through the show like an obsessed idiot (which is a fairly apt description of me, now that I think of it. :D ) I think any sort of continual character or plot development can only be a good thing, and interviews I've read seem to indicate that we'll get some of that. So I'll look forward to that, and I'll continue to enjoy anything they throw at me. :sheppard:

Atlantis1
August 1st, 2006, 11:13 AM
Good to see this thread back up again. I, too, am really enjoying season 3. :sheppard:

Chailyn
August 1st, 2006, 12:29 PM
I love SGA! I was excited for S3 to start, and I've seen nothing to disprove that excitement.

I agree.

One thing I really liked about the last few episodes was how all the characters seemed to be involved. Sure, some actors naturally had more lines than others, but I like that, so far, everyone's been able to contribute. Teyla flew that wraith ship, Sheppard's had some great action, McKay helped save the day (and played nice with others!), Carson did his medical thing and cried, Weir's had a few scenes, and Ronon's getting an ep soon too. Even Zelenka and Caldwell have popped up. Now, all we need is Lorne. Dear Lorne. :p

Is it Friday yet??????

Gate Geek
August 1st, 2006, 01:46 PM
So far I have been very giddy from anticiaption week to week waiting for the new eps to air. That hasn't happened in a while.

Go S3!!!!

Chailyn
August 1st, 2006, 02:50 PM
So far I have been very giddy from anticiaption week to week waiting for the new eps to air. That hasn't happened in a while.

I know. I wasn't as faithful to S2, but so far I've been impressed with S3. I like how they're making the show more gray. It's a lot more interesting to watch IMHO, especially since the "good" guys have to make hard decisions and the "bad" guys aren't the complete Big Bad. It's so easy to cheer on the Goodies when the the villians over so over-the-top evil. I think it takes guts to go in the direction they've gone. It's a risk. Sure, maybe they've made an error, and people really just want a Good v. Evil show, but I'm willing to wait and see. If the new direction flops, they can just go back to the traditional character confilcts. So far, I'm happy. :mckayanime03:

Descent
August 6th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Lets bump this baby back up to first page and keep it there guys. :sheppard: Lets talk about the upcoming episodes and hear your thoughts and speculations about the "Hot Zone" villians.

The episode I am really excited for is "Common Ground", oh you have no idea how long I've been waiting for this one guys: The return of Kolya finally! The best villian on Atlantis in my opinion.

tommiekins
August 6th, 2006, 05:48 AM
Season 3 has been fantastic so far and only looks like it will get better, can't wait for the hot zone villains, they are looking pretty darn cool. I'm glad they are stepping off the wraith burner a bit, now they've thwarted them getting to Earth there doesn't seem to be an almighty concern about them at the moment, a new enemy is most definately needed, and IMO welcomed. I'm not bashing the Wraith or anything, I think they're ace but it was around this time in SG1 that the replicators were introduced, and I think its a great time to bring them in.

Lauriel
August 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Season 3 has been fantastic so far and only looks like it will get better, can't wait for the hot zone villains, they are looking pretty darn cool. I'm glad they are stepping off the wraith burner a bit, now they've thwarted them getting to Earth there doesn't seem to be an almighty concern about them at the moment, a new enemy is most definately needed, and IMO welcomed. I'm not bashing the Wraith or anything, I think they're ace but it was around this time in SG1 that the replicators were introduced, and I think its a great time to bring them in.
Agreed, as long as the Wraith aren't forgotten. After two seasons of them being such a concern, it would be very annying (due to the inconsistency) if they suddenly are no longer visible or considered a threat. I'd still like to see (at least) an occasional Wraith attack blindside an off-world team.

Easter Lily
August 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I'm very optimistic about Season 3... I've really enjoyed the last few episodes to varying degrees. No Man's Land and Sateda have been particularly good. I didn't mind Irresistible either despite early misgivings.
What I'm really happy about is seeing Sheppard being pushed to the forefront of the show again. I've really missed the Sheppard from Season 1.

Descent
August 9th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Oh man...Sateda got a 1.4 Rating!?! This is just unbelievable, somebody slap me. Stargate is dying at this very moment...:(

Klenotka
August 9th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Finally positive thready:) S3 started very well for me, much better than SG1. And I liked Pegasus Project only because of the characters from SGA:p
But how could Sateda have so low ratings?:S It was so much better than Insiders.

Steven_the_Atlantean
August 9th, 2006, 03:28 AM
Oh man...Sateda got a 1.4 Rating!?! This is just unbelievable, somebody slap me. Stargate is dying at this very moment...:(

I agree, before someone slaps Descent, Slap me, what was wrong with it, we finally seen clips of Ronan’s past, First time introducing a wraith King, first time seeing wraiths in armour, new cloths and technology. We explored two planets, and saw Rodney got shot in the ass. What more can you possibly ask in one episode. Hopefully, ratings will increase for “Progency”.

Lauriel
August 9th, 2006, 03:37 AM
I agree, before someone slaps Descent, Slap me, what was wrong with it, we finally seen clips of Ronan’s past, First time introducing a wraith King, first time seeing wraiths in armour, new cloths and technology. We explored two planets, and saw Rodney got shot in the ass. What more can you possibly ask in one episode. Hopefully, ratings will increase for “Progency”.
:lol:
Steven_the_Atlantean- Slap!
Descent- Slap!
*Slaps self silly*
Maybe we need to start a 'save SGA campaign'? The show just keeps getting better!

Steven_the_Atlantean
August 9th, 2006, 03:50 AM
Descent- Slap!
*Slaps self silly*
Maybe we need to start a 'save SGA campaign'? The show just keeps getting better!

Hahahahahahahahaha, :) YAY!

Descent
August 9th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Thank you for that. :P I am so supportive of Atlantis living on to see a Season 4, 5 and 6 that its not even funny! It deserves so much, this season has just been amazing so far.

Lauriel
August 9th, 2006, 04:53 AM
:lol: I'm more than happy to slap people in an effort to further the SGA cause! :wraithanime11: Slap :wraith32:

Gate Geek
August 9th, 2006, 05:58 AM
Lauriel, just don't get too slap happy! *Hee Hee I always wanted to say that*

Descent there are sooo many of us excited about CG too. We've been getting snippets for it from BamBam and others. But not enough to tell us anything outright.

For some of us Sheppy fans, if CG turns out like we're hoping, it's going to be revered like the 38 minutes ep of S1. :D :D

Descent
August 9th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Yeah or heavily revered like The Eye, just trying to link it all up here. :P I can honestly say theres no upcoming episode in Season Three that im not looking forward to! :sheppard:

Dark Falcon
August 9th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Descent- Slap!
*Slaps self silly*

Slap me too because I can't believe how people are
rating SGA and SG-1.

Save SGA? YES! YES! YES! I'd be willing to join.
Where do I sign up?

Glad you guys got to see "Sateda"! :ronan:
I was in Yellowstone National park and I didn't get a chance to
see it! Hope it rocked!! :sheppard:

tommiekins
August 9th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Live on SGA! the ratings for sateda (and insiders) were shocking. Here's all for the bounce back next week!

EdenSG
August 9th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hello to all. This is my first post so I hope I am doing this right.

I wanted to say that I have been a big fan of SG Atlantis since it began and I still am. I think season 3 has started with some very good, intriguing and provocative stories that I have really enjoyed.

I am looking forward with great anticipation to the rest of the season.

So what did I expect from season 3?
To some degree I hold my expectations in check or at lest keep them in perspective because if one becomes so intent on what they believe should or will happen, there is no doubt one will be disappointed.

Therefore I did not and do not build expectations on the season/stories based on spoilers – which are always incomplete and often misleading. And I do not build expectations on what I think the characters should do as that is the writer’s domain and I hold that they have the greater vision for them – not that I always agree with what characters say or do or that the stories are perfect…

But in the grand scheme of things it all works for me. I enjoy the show and I like the characters. I think some of the darker, more provocative story lines in season 3 have been needed. They force the story line forward in a way that has not been done before and they provide opportunities for character growth and understanding. I like the challenges that the storylines have presented, not only for the characters but for the viewer.

With ratings down I can only hope that fans will come back and give season 3 a chance – and I hope, and more importantly I think they will find something in the show to keep them watching it for the rest of the season.

I don’t know if there will be a season 4 – I certainly hope there is because I will definitely be watching – but for now, I am enjoying what I think is the best season of SG Atlantis to date.

Descent
August 9th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Aye, boo all the nitpickers and complainers. They need to remember its just a tv show, a very good one at that but still!

We have to spread the word to people about watching new SGA live every friday to others. Sounds like a plan to me! :ronan:

Easter Lily
August 9th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I think when word gets around that we got a good episode, interest will pick up. Unfortunately, Irresistible wasn't a popular episode (some of us did like it) and perhaps that put people off.

So what did I expect from season 3?
To some degree I hold my expectations in check or at lest keep them in perspective because if one becomes so intent on what they believe should or will happen, there is no doubt one will be disappointed.

Therefore I did not and do not build expectations on the season/stories based on spoilers – which are always incomplete and often misleading. And I do not build expectations on what I think the characters should do as that is the writer’s domain and I hold that they have the greater vision for them – not that I always agree with what characters say or do or that the stories are perfect…
I feel the same... I think that many of the problems I had with S2 had to do with expectations. Now, I'm not saying that some the writing couldn't have been better but I think by and large, I would read spoilers and then form opinions of what the episode would be about. If it didn't happen the way I expected, I would be quite deflated. This was definitely true of Conversion, Epiphany and The Long Goodbye.

So I'm going to temper my expectations of Common Ground in spite of what Bam2 has said... Not that I don't believe him but I'm not going to get excited about something that I haven't seen yet. Reading spoilers is a double edged sword.
Misgivings about spoilers aside, I feel at least, that the writers have really picked up their game this season.

Lauriel
August 10th, 2006, 05:30 AM
Slap me too because I can't believe how people are
rating SGA and SG-1.
Hmm. I may have to start up a 'get slapped by Lauriel' thread. It has possibilities..:jack_new_anime04:

Lauriel, just don't get too slap happy! *Hee Hee I always wanted to say that*
*sigh* Oh okay then. :mckay:

Welcome to GateWorld EdenSG! I hope you enjoy the forum!

I think when word gets around that we got a good episode, interest will pick up. Unfortunately, Irresistible wasn't a popular episode (some of us did like it) and perhaps that put people off.
I sure hope so! It would be such a shame if the show gets cancelled from lack of interest when they are obviously putting a renewed effort and energy into this season. I think a part of the excitement is actually coming from the eps themselves- Sateda in particular just had energy. I don't know if I'm actually expressing myself clearly here or just babbling..:(

Gate Geek
August 10th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Hmm. I may have to start up a 'get slapped by Lauriel' thread. It has possibilities..:jack_new_anime04:

*sigh* Oh okay then. :mckay:

Welcome to GateWorld EdenSG! I hope you enjoy the forum!

I sure hope so! It would be such a shame if the show gets cancelled from lack of interest when they are obviously putting a renewed effort and energy into this season. I think a part of the excitement is actually coming from the eps themselves- Sateda in particular just had energy. I don't know if I'm actually expressing myself clearly here or just babbling..:(

Babbling? You? That's my job!

I certainly see a diffrence in S3. I would agree with you there certainly is a new vibe to the show. Almost like a renewed sense of purpose. I also think there's actually a strong sense of direction for the show and its being reflected in the great eps we've been seeing so far.

S3 - The 'kid in a candy store' kind of feeling. SQUEE!!

Lauriel
August 10th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Babbling? You? That's my job!

I certainly see a diffrence in S3. I would agree with you there certainly is a new vibe to the show. Almost like a renewed sense of purpose. I also think there's actually a strong sense of direction for the show and its being reflected in the great eps we've been seeing so far.

S3 - The 'kid in a candy store' kind of feeling. SQUEE!!
No, babbling must be my job. You said exactly what I meant, but you said it heaps better! :D What you said above is what I was getting at, and "the 'kid in a candy store' kind of feeling. SQUEE!!" covers how I feel about this season.

RoryJ
August 10th, 2006, 10:09 PM

Could someone quickly explain what the average ratings are of an everyday, well-to-do television show to compare SGA's ratings. I know breaking 2.0 is excellent. Is the ratings drop just bad by Stargate standards or is it bad by television-shows-in-general standards? I guess I don't want to get worried about too much when it could just be perspective.

I really do think all the episode downloading and Tivo-ing might be hurting all shows in general, but especially cable-aired shows. The sci-fi channel itself might have lowered the ratings by going digital; I know I wasn't willing to pay $100+ just for SGA.

Anyways, seeing as that was a little OT, I've been so monumentally impressed by season 3. I've loved every episode, including Irresistible, and would hate to see the show suffer right when it seems to have hit it's stride. :(

Atlantis1
August 10th, 2006, 10:26 PM
This season is amazing. I had to wait a few days longer to see Seteda as my sister recorded it for me and just got it to me on Weds. Season 3 is coming along great just as I thought it would. (Yes, I look at spoilers. :D )

Easter Lily
August 10th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Could someone quickly explain what the average ratings are of an everyday, well-to-do television show to compare SGA's ratings. I know breaking 2.0 is excellent. Is the ratings drop just bad by Stargate standards or is it bad by television-shows-in-general standards? I guess I don't want to get worried about too much when it could just be perspective.

I really do think all the episode downloading and Tivo-ing might be hurting all shows in general, but especially cable-aired shows. The sci-fi channel itself might have lowered the ratings by going digital; I know I wasn't willing to pay $100+ just for SGA.

I don't think downloading affects the local American ratings. Why would Americans download the show when it is being shown in their country first?... Most downloads are made by overseas viewers so it has no direct bearing on the ratings. Those who do actually download, are hardcore fans of the show and eventually they all buy the boxsets anyway for the extra goodies. So I don't think scifi, Sony or MGM can bleat too loudly.
What may be hurting the show, IMO, is the lack of support from the overseas networks. In Australia, S2 of Atlantis hasn't even been shown in the country yet and the boxsets are coming out in early Nov. It's very common in Australia to be waaaay behind their American counterparts by eighteen months to 2 years on many of the scifi shows.
Yet, the networks cannot say that Stargate hasn't got any audience... because according to my local retailer, the boxsets sell like hotcakes.

I think, people were very disillusioned with S2... and Irresistible was a very unpopular episode... (I'm loving S3, by the way) My feeling is that they're pushing themselves too hard with two shows and have spread themselves too thin. Personally I think SG-1 has run its course and I think Atlantis should be given a fighting chance to go on.

doylefan22
August 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I'm loving s3 of Atlantis so far. I prefer that it is slightly darker and that there's this moral ambiguity to it all. Nothing is ever black and white for them and they've had to make some very tough decisions. I think some of the stuff the writers have done has been pretty brave and I hope to see it continue.

It's been a very entertaining and very interesting start to the season.

Lauriel
August 14th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I'm loving s3 of Atlantis so far. I prefer that it is slightly darker and that there's this moral ambiguity to it all. Nothing is ever black and white for them and they've had to make some very tough decisions. I think some of the stuff the writers have done has been pretty brave and I hope to see it continue.

It's been a very entertaining and very interesting start to the season.
YES! *punches air with fist* Ermm. Hehem.
*collects self and speaks in a calm and mature manner* I agree.

The Sweet Guy
August 14th, 2006, 07:24 PM
As do I!

The new directions they have been taking Atlantis have made the show more interesting, IMO. I'm glad they didn't keep up the dryness of season 2. :sheppard:

Major Gambit
August 14th, 2006, 07:25 PM
I find these episodes A LOT more exciting!

Dark Falcon
August 14th, 2006, 09:50 PM

OH YEAH!!

It's okay, Lauriel. If you want to express your
happiness in a rather dramatic fashion, GO FOR IT!! :D:D:D:D

LONG LIVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

hutchi4
August 15th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I too am finding season 3 episodes of SGA the best so far:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

doylefan22
August 15th, 2006, 12:42 AM

Lol! Yes, quite. :)

I get rather annoyed with all these people who whinge about them not being heroes and killing poor defenceless people (especially the poor little Asurans who were obviously just travelling to Atlantis to give everyone a hug). It's like some of the people on this board have never been to a place I like to call the real world. ;)

Descent
August 15th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Ooo good to see this thread back up, go Season 3! :sheppard:

I get rather annoyed with all these people who whinge about them not being heroes and killing poor defenceless people (especially the poor little Asurans who were obviously just travelling to Atlantis to give everyone a hug).

Yeah, they just wanted to give Atlantis a special delivery of pain, thats all. :P

Lauriel
August 15th, 2006, 04:17 AM
I just love that they are daring to go into some ethical and morally dubious areas, and go feet first! It adds some complexity to the show, and leaves you thinking about it, rather than smiling and saying 'yes, that was fun, what's for tea?' I want the levity and the humour too, in fact it all goes together quite well when they do it right (ie Sateda). I just think this season is sooo much more interesting to watch. And I was fanatical about the last two seasons! I think they tested the water with eps like Instinct and Conversion and then ramped it up for Allies. Go TPTB! We want more please!

EdenSG
August 16th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Loving season 3!

I too like the fact that they are daring to go into those grey areas of morals and ethics. It challenges the characters as well as the viewer. Definitely more interesting. The season has explored some of those darker consequences but still had times managed to bring in some of those humerous, "gotta make you smile" scenes.

I think Progeny did a good job laying the groundwork for a new story arc and a new enemy - I think things are only about to get more exciting and interesting.

Glad to see the ratings are up, even if only a little.
My only regret about season 3 so far is that that we are already through with half of the first half of the season!

Descent
August 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM
5 episodes down, 15 to go. I can't wait, neither can any of you. :ronan:

doylefan22
August 16th, 2006, 11:43 AM
My only regret about season 3 so far is that that we are already through with half of the first half of the season!

Well being in the UK, I'm hoping the same thing happens as last year and the Canadians show the series in one batch - which means they'll finish it before Sci-Fi and it'll significantly cut down the wait. I still can't believe that happens - in this country you never get a hiatus half way through a series and they never show a few new ones then some repeats!

Lauriel
August 16th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Are you spying on me? *looks around for hidden cameras*

I still can't believe that happens - in this country you never get a hiatus half way through a series and they never show a few new ones then some repeats!
Our (free to air) networks have hit upon the idea of showing a new ep or two, then some repeats, then a new ep, then some repeats.. very uncool.:( There may be some pattern, but I've yet to notice it if there is.

Chailyn
August 16th, 2006, 02:24 PM
I just love that they are daring to go into some ethical and morally dubious areas, and go feet first! It adds some complexity to the show, and leaves you thinking about it, rather than smiling and saying 'yes, that was fun, what's for tea?' I want the levity and the humour too, in fact it all goes together quite well when they do it right (ie Sateda). I just think this season is sooo much more interesting to watch. And I was fanatical about the last two seasons! I think they tested the water with eps like Instinct and Conversion and then ramped it up for Allies. Go TPTB! We want more please!

You took the words right out of my mouth. I just hope TPTB keep on this path and explore our characters this season. The storylines seem to be going strong. I find myself looking forward to Fridays again! :mckayanime08:

Descent
August 16th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Are you spying on me? *looks around for hidden cameras*

Course I am :P, I can clearly see the excitement on your face.

I really really want the ratings to go up, especially considering that a 1.7 was a "Season Low" last season.

Mitchell82
August 16th, 2006, 08:46 PM
No I can't wait! Anyone know where I can get a Lantian time machine.

EdenSG
August 17th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Well being in the UK, I'm hoping the same thing happens as last year and the Canadians show the series in one batch - which means they'll finish it before Sci-Fi and it'll significantly cut down the wait. I still can't believe that happens - in this country you never get a hiatus half way through a series and they never show a few new ones then some repeats!

I think the last few years have really been getting worse here. When a show take a hiatus or they show a few episdoes and then show repeats it leaves you frustrated. Sometimes you don't whether to bother to tune in at all. I watched Alias for a while, then lost track of it because of this and even Lost, I lost track of the episodes last season and I don't have much interest to watch this season. And I actually tried to get back into Lost - but it got hard to follow because if I missed an ep, then a repeat then a new one then a repeat from the last season - it left my head spinning. So I think shows are hurting themselves by doing that.

I am sorry to say I missed the premiere of the second half of Atlantis this past Jan. - I don't watch sci fi much (other than Stargate) and was not visiting fan sites at the time so missed the first couple of eps till I found it was on. That won't happen this year though - I will be sure I know the exact date it will be back - this season has been too good to miss any episodes.

doylefan22
August 17th, 2006, 04:43 AM
I think the last few years have really been getting worse here. When a show take a hiatus or they show a few episdoes and then show repeats it leaves you frustrated. Sometimes you don't whether to bother to tune in at all. I watched Alias for a while, then lost track of it because of this and even Lost, I lost track of the episodes last season and I don't have much interest to watch this season. And I actually tried to get back into Lost - but it got hard to follow because if I missed an ep, then a repeat then a new one then a repeat from the last season - it left my head spinning. So I think shows are hurting themselves by doing that.

I am sorry to say I missed the premiere of the second half of Atlantis this past Jan. - I don't watch sci fi much (other than Stargate) and was not visiting fan sites at the time so missed the first couple of eps till I found it was on. That won't happen this year though - I will be sure I know the exact date it will be back - this season has been too good to miss any episodes.

It's times like this when I'm glad for the good old BBC and UK television. Channel 4/E4 show a lot of US import shows here and they never muck around with all that nonsense. In fact, there have been a few series in recent years where we've caught up with the US schedule of some shows having started months after them - I know we ended up 3 days behind Invasion in the end!

I'm not even entirely sure how they decided this hiatus/some new, some old idea was good in the first place. There'd be major complaints if it happened over here. It must make shows very hard to follow. It always looks like they simply haven't got enough shows to broadcast so they drag them out as long as possible.

And don't Sci-Fi realise that it actually hurts them? If TMN manage to show the final half of the season before Sci-Fi do this year again, a lot of fans are going to download it rather than waiting for Sci-Fi to show it (because we're impatient) and that just hurts their ratings...

Mitchell82
August 19th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I must say I am loving season 3. I thought the real World was great and can't wait for next week. Atlantis has so many more stories to tell and IMO it is getting better and better.

Descent
August 19th, 2006, 12:08 PM
So far, Season Three is blowing Two out of the water. This is really starting to become a Character Development season which is what Atlantis needs in the long run. And from what I've read so far apparently

Kolyas going to have a semi-large role this season

Which makes me very very excited. :sheppard:

Chailyn
August 19th, 2006, 06:58 PM
IMHO, this season has been so satisfying so far. Sure, there have been a couple eps I wasn't thrilled with, but overall I'm impressed. I was wondering what you guys have really liked about S3 compared to, let's say, last season. Also, what things would you like to see happen now that you know how well things can be done. I hope Teyla and Sheppard get some meaty eps, so we learn more about them. Does anyone want to see Teyla's people again?

It goes without saying, I can't wait for next week's ep. :)

Mitchell82
August 19th, 2006, 08:29 PM
So far, Season Three is blowing Two out of the water. This is really starting to become a Character Development season which is what Atlantis needs in the long run. And from what I've read so far apparently

Kolyas going to have a semi-large role this season

Which makes me very very excited. :sheppard:
Me too I love Kolya and IMO this season has been great. Can't wait for next week. Both eps are going to be great!

The Sweet Guy
August 19th, 2006, 08:34 PM
This season has been great so far, the only episode that was disappointing was Misbegotten. I'm hoping for more Sheppard and Ronon development over the season, but I also feel Teyla is being seriously neglected in this show. Another Ford appearance would be great. So far though, most of the issues I had with the first seasons are going to be resolved it seems.

Descent
August 20th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Can't wait for Common Ground and to see how good this new writer is. IMO, the preview looks amazing. :ronan:

Xellos205
August 20th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Atlantis has had a better start then Sg1 did so they might be able to go too 15 seasons if people will watch the show. Rating must stay high. :jack:

Descent
August 25th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Common Ground once again proves how great this season is turning out. I can't wait for more and I also hope that Ken Cuperus writes more episodes.

Mitchell82
August 25th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Common Ground once again proves how great this season is turning out. I can't wait for more and I also hope that Ken Cuperus writes more episodes.
I agree 100%! I never thought this season was bad and it is just getting better!

Descent
August 25th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I agree 100%! I never thought this season was bad and it is just getting better!

I finally feel like Atlantis is hitting its stride, it really gets me excited for more. :ronan: This show deserves to continue for many seasons more.

Mitchell82
August 25th, 2006, 07:20 PM
I finally feel like Atlantis is hitting its stride, it really gets me excited for more. :ronan: This show deserves to continue for many seasons more.
Yes and if Scifi screws this up I'll have their heads!

Descent
August 25th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Also, two words: More Kolya

Descent
August 25th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Yes and if Scifi screws this up I'll have their heads!

Oh they better not or I'll take a puddle jumper and...well, you know. :sheppard33:

Dark Falcon
August 25th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Oh they better not or I'll take a puddle jumper and...well, you know. :sheppard33:

Squish 'em? :D

Hey, "Common Ground" was awesome!! :)

Looks like I got my wish. "Common Ground"
did indeed resemble SG-1 Season 6's "Abyss". This episode
put John Sheppard in the worse possible scenario: getting
fed off of by a wraith. The dialogue between Sheppard and
the Wraith in the prison cells was truly excellent. I loved it!

I guess we are going shoot Koyla the next time we see him, eh?
I'll be looking forward to that. :sheppard:

doylefan22
August 26th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I loved that Common Ground fleshed out the Wraith to more than the 2D villians they've tended to be over the first two years. With the Asurans coming along it was a worry the Wraith would be pushed aside but this is the most development they've ever had. Good to see things are as complicated with the Genii as ever too.

This season truly is addressing a lot of the issues and wants people have had with the last 2.

Lauriel
August 27th, 2006, 01:08 AM
I loved that Common Ground fleshed out the Wraith to more than the 2D villians they've tended to be over the first two years. With the Asurans coming along it was a worry the Wraith would be pushed aside but this is the most development they've ever had. Good to see things are as complicated with the Genii as ever too.

This season truly is addressing a lot of the issues and wants people have had with the last 2.
Well said! I agree 100% They are really tackling the problem areas. Nice to see they're listening to the fans. (Unless it was a lucky shot - or they really know what they're doing after 10 seasons of stargate! :P )

Descent
August 28th, 2006, 03:52 PM
1.6 rating for Common Ground, not bad but it could be better. CG deserved better I think!

Atlantis1
August 28th, 2006, 07:19 PM
1.6 rating for Common Ground, not bad but it could be better. CG deserved better I think!

I agree! CG was IMO the best show this season.

I loved Ronans' reaction to them letting the Wraith feed on Sheppard. It really showed how close the two are. Like brothers! I think Sci-fi should have really thrown in alot of promotion with just enough spoiler to really wet the average viewers appetite but no more then that. We here were already really wanting to see the show.

lily
August 28th, 2006, 07:42 PM

Yeah. Common Ground blew me away. I sooooo loved it!

But I expected lower ratings than the previous week because of other shows' season finales (Monk and Psych). Considering this, I'd say that the ratings for both SG-1 and SGA weren't really bad.

Descent
August 28th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah. Common Ground blew me away. I sooooo loved it!

But I expected lower ratings than the previous week because of other shows' season finales (Monk and Psych). Considering this, I'd say that the ratings for both SG-1 and SGA weren't really bad.

Soooo now that Monk and Psych are off, will the ratings for SGA climb? I hope so, this Season deserves better ratings.

I do hope Sci-Fis stops with this "original programming all the time" nonsense next season and puts Atlantis back with BSG.

doylefan22
August 29th, 2006, 03:37 AM

That's fine. Still higher than SG-1 (which I am constantly surprised about as we have often been led to believe that SG-1 is by far the more popular of the two) and on par Progeny. TRW was also going to be a bit of an anomaly considering it was paired with 200.

Chailyn
August 29th, 2006, 07:15 AM
I do hope Sci-Fis stops with this "original programming all the time" nonsense next season and puts Atlantis back with BSG.

Aww...you mean you don't like the rapid woolly mammoths from outer space movies? ;)

If they spared us those "Scifi original movies" they might be able to afford a commerical to advertise SGA.

Anyway, I just got back from vacation to all the drama of the SG-1 cancellation. Sad stuff. I'm happy that SGA got renewed because it's really going strong this season. I loved Common Ground and hope we get more Koyla in the future. :)

Mitchell82
September 2nd, 2006, 09:46 PM
Aww...you mean you don't like the rapid woolly mammoths from outer space movies? ;)

If they spared us those "Scifi original movies" they might be able to afford a commerical to advertise SGA.

Anyway, I just got back from vacation to all the drama of the SG-1 cancellation. Sad stuff. I'm happy that SGA got renewed because it's really going strong this season. I loved Common Ground and hope we get more Koyla in the future. :)
I loved CG and I am really loving this season. I loved Misbegotten and believe this season is getting really going and this show is really getting it's legs. I have loved Atlantis from the begining and I am also sad about SG-1. I thought it could still continue for years to come.

Easter Lily
September 3rd, 2006, 03:53 AM
I'm one of those weird people that have liked all the episodes in S3... even the crack Irresistible...(even though I had serious misgivings) in fact I liked Irresistible more than I liked Misbegotten... But so far it's all been good fun.

Mitchell82
September 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM
I'm one of those weird people that have liked all the episodes in S3... even the crack Irresistible...(even though I had serious misgivings) in fact I liked Irresistible more than I liked Misbegotten... But so far it's all been good fun.
I agree. All the epiosdes have been great. So far I have loved them all.

Lauriel
September 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
How does that make you wierd? I love them all too. Am I wierd too? I don't think I'm wierd. I don't want to be wierd! Hey, is wierdness contageous? Maybe we caught wierdness in S2? Is that possible? No, it can't be possible. No. No wierdness here at all.

Don't let the munchkins eat all the blue jello...

Descent
September 3rd, 2006, 06:10 PM

I guess im "weird" too then, this Season has been the best yet! :ronan:

Easter Lily
September 3rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
How does that make you wierd? I love them all too. Am I wierd too? I don't think I'm wierd. I don't want to be wierd! Hey, is wierdness contageous? Maybe we caught wierdness in S2? Is that possible? No, it can't be possible. No. No wierdness here at all.

Don't let the munchkins eat all the blue jello...
There's only one munchkin so far and no she's not allowed any blue jello at all.

Well, we can be weird together... ;)

I feel the show is returning to its roots anyhow... more like what it was in S1... a lot more continuity between episodes and more confidence about the direction that they're heading in. I'm also enjoying the stronger characterization for Sheppard. Still there's room for improvement with regard to other characters.

Lauriel
September 3rd, 2006, 08:21 PM
There's only one munchkin so far and no she's not allowed any blue jello at all.

Well, we can be weird together... ;)

I feel the show is returning to its roots anyhow... more like what it was in S1... a lot more continuity between episodes and more confidence about the direction that they're heading in. I'm also enjoying the stronger characterization for Sheppard. Still there's room for improvement with regard to other characters.
Agreed, on all counts. :cool:

doylefan22
September 10th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Another great episode this week. As a McKay fan, for me it was the best one of the season. Glad to see so many other people liked it too.

There is of course the small, vocal minority who seem to believe that everyone was completely horrible to poor innocent Rodney but personally I thought that was nonsense. What I saw in that episode was excellent, realisitic human interaction. That kind of teasing goes on all the time and those getting on their high horses about it must live in a fairytale world if they say it doesn't. I get the feeling some were offended because of their own personal experiences but the majority, coming from a more neutral pov, understood what Gero was doing and that he did it very,very well. Rodney's friendship with the others is antagonistic and I think this episode did an excellent of job of showing that whilst is true he drives them all crazy, they are still friends. Wonderful, non-storybook, non-perfect human reactions and emotions. Top stuff.

Next week looks interesting too. Is this the one where we're supposed to learn a little more about Sheppard? And with the Sheppard/Teyla moments BamBam was talking about?

carcer
September 10th, 2006, 07:10 AM
hey there, first post and all

I have to admit that there have been one or two eps of s3 that i have ben less pleased about but then, in all seasons as was said, some eps are better than others.

Just watched Mcay And Mrs Miller and I was very impressed, they really hit home with the interactivity of the team but what got to me was that you could see the jealousy from Mcay, and I really enjoyed that they are exploring emotions.

Bring back Ford, more Kolya and a bit more of city exploration please!!!!!!

Easter Lily
September 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Another great episode this week. As a McKay fan, for me it was the best one of the season. Glad to see so many other people liked it too.

There is of course the small, vocal minority who seem to believe that everyone was completely horrible to poor innocent Rodney but personally I thought that was nonsense.
Not to mention that it was a mere 1 minute moment... Amazed that 1 minute can colour people's overall sense of an episode that much.

What I saw in that episode was excellent, realisitic human interaction. That kind of teasing goes on all the time and those getting on their high horses about it must live in a fairytale world if they say it doesn't. I get the feeling some were offended because of their own personal experiences but the majority, coming from a more neutral pov, understood what Gero was doing and that he did it very,very well.
I don't think the writing of Rodney or the way any of the others treat him has changed all that much... Just thinking about Hide and Seek... Obviously, the character has grown slightly... and one catches glimpses of it in Sateda, for instance or Common Ground but he still reverts from time to time... and that's interesting... not to mention very human.
I thought he was pretty mean when he was talking about his sister "getting knocked up" and casually dismissing her potential contribution as a scientist.

I really enjoyed reading your posts on the episode thread, DF... I'm glad you made the effort... Personally I think your insights into Rodney are spot on. I'm a fan of the character too... but I'm not going to pretend that the man is the innocent that he's being made out to be. He gives as good as he gets.