This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time War

Did this actually hapen in a episode or story line. I've never seen an episode featureing it. If so what episode was it?
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

No, it is set between the last 8th Doctor novel and the revival, some think it ended right before the begining of the new series.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

well at the beginning of Rose the doctor is commenting on his features in a mirror suggesting he hasnt seen this before and has regenerated quite recently. And people ask well what a bout being at the kennedy assasination or at Krakatoa ? well since we know that the Doctor and Rose had alot of untelivised adventures perhaps we can suggest that Rose took the photos or drew the drawings.
      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

However, there was a picture of the Doctor with a family that should have been on the titanic, and then in The End of The World he mentions that he'd been on that ship once before...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Remember at the end of 'Rose'? When the Doctor asked Rose to come with him, she said no, the TARDIS left and then arrived back again a few seconds later where the Doctor then told her that the TARDIS could travel in time as well?

Think about it.

Comment

Hmm ... interesting thought. He could have been gone years

Yeah, the time war was a war between the Time Lords and the Daleks. There are clues to what happened:

"A thousand Dalek ships on fire, the end of the last great time war"
            "You lie!"
            "I saw it happen. I made it happen!"
            "What of the Time Lords"
            "They burnt with you"

And the Beast called the Doctor "The killer of his own kind"

Comment

OK so we know that in the 'TV series' sequence if events, it happened sometime between the TV film and the 2005 new series, and that it is likely that the Doctor regenerated shortly afterwards, but what do we know about the Time War (or Wars)?

How did it start, what were the course of events leading to the destruction of Galifrey and the Daleks, what was the Doctors role in it and how did he survive? More Importantly WHEN did it happen in the universal timeline (in relation to Earth history) or did it not happen 'when' at all (somehow 'out of time' itself). If it happened 'when' then it poses the question that in certain time periods Galifrey and the timelords still exist (thus cannot strictly be 'destroyed' like the Doc says). Ie there is a time before and a time afterwards.

Of course it could have happened 'out of time', so both combatants were destroyed all through time (therefore making it impossible to go back to a time when the timelords and daleks existed) - though if that was true then they, incuding the Doctor would never have existed! Clearly this is not the case (am I making sense?)

No I recon the War Happened at some point in time, thus why the Daleks anfd the Doctor manaded to survive. It also makes it possible other timelords may also have survived, and that galifrey still exists (in the past).

Of course this may be complete nonsense but without more detail of what happened (and wiith a patchy knowledge of the Doc's past), this is my best interpretation (without thinking too much about Time and giving myself a headache!).

Does anyone reckon that the time war would make a good subject for a prequel miniseries or film? If done properly of course.

Comment

yes it would be fantastic with paul mcgan as the doctor again!

Comment

Well according To RTD it was the Timelords who started it way back in Genesis of the Daleks, where after forseeing a time where the Dalek race would become the Dominant race in the universe the Timelords dispatched the Doctor to either wipe out the Daleks or alter their evoloution so that they became less agressive creatures.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                    Well according To RTD it was the Timelords who started it way back in Genesis of the Daleks, where after forseeing a time where the Dalek race would become the Dominant race in the universe the Timelords dispatched the Doctor to either wipe out the Daleks or alter their evoloution so that they became less agressive creatures.
                    hang on, wasn't that a plot from the failed american version of DW?

Comment

Originally posted by burn out
                      hang on, wasn't that a plot from the failed american version of DW?
                      Yes, but many of the stories planned for that failed series were actually rip-offs from the original series that ran from 1963 to 1989.

Thank goodness they never produced those rip-offs.
                      I've read the summaries and they couldn't even write decent rip-offs based on the classics from the original series.

Genesis of the Daleks was a story from Season 12 (1975), starring Tom Baker (as the fourth Doctor).
                      It is considered one of the best and is available on DVD.
                      Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 05 July 2006, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                        However, there was a picture of the Doctor with a family that should have been on the titanic, and then in The End of The World he mentions that he'd been on that ship once before...
                        I get the impression his encounter with the Daniels family and the Titanic was right after the regeneration. He's wearing clothing in that picture that is very reminscent of the Eighth Doctor's clothing.

Doc 9 in Doc 8 finery.
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Fair point. Anway thanks. That helps. I hope in that case they go to see the time war then. Maybe go back and try and stop it wipeing out the timelords 'The Three Doctors' style with Paul McGan, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. It would be so cool and funny.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177
                            I hope in that case they go to see the time war then. Maybe go back and try and stop it wipeing out the timelords 'The Three Doctors' style with Paul McGan, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. It would be so cool and funny.
                            Man, that would be awesome.

I doubt Paul McGann would be willing, since they didn't take his option up on being the Doctor, but it would be fantastic if they did...
                            Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
                            - General Hammond

Comment

is it possible that Doctor who, TV movie happened in a interval in the time war.
                              Because the Master was heald trail on Skarro, and the Daleks let his remains be taken, and the doctor listened to the Daleks and picked up his enermys remains from another enermy.
                              mabey this was a pocket of peace time in the time war, before the Daleks launched a suprise invasion
                              Hola

Hello

Comment

Working...
                              X