This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McKay/Anyone (and Everyone) Shippers

This is a thread for those of us who can ship any pair, so long as half of that pair is Rodney McKay. I personally, favor Rodney/Teyla, but can be convinced of the possibilities of Rodney/Elizabeth, Rodney/Sam Carter, Rodney/Laura Cadman, Rodney/Kate Heightmeyer, Rodney/Lindsey Novak, Rodney/Miko, etc.

This is a thread for those of us who can put Rodney with any woman (or man) under the sun, because he's just such a shippable character.

So, anyone else care to hop aboard the S.S. Sexy Scientist?
    They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
    Spoiler:
    Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

I'll happily jump (on) the S.S Sexy Scientist

Though I have a soft spot for McWeir, McShep and McKay/Beckett...I can see ship wherever Rodney goes
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I see Rodney with Shep or Beckett mainly, sometimes Carter but in a platonic way.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Rodney/Teyla (ship and/or friendship) is my favorite Rodney pairing, but I find it easy to pair him with a surprising number of characters. In that respect, Rodney is the female version of Teyla for me because I also find it easy to pair her with different characters. Lately, I've been been happy to find quite a bit of very good Rodney/Teyla fic and some of it has been from a surprising source, McKay/Sheppard slashers. I don't know what caused them to take a walk on the wild side , but this Rodney/Teyla fan appreciates it.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Rodney and a ZedPM now that is a marriage made in heaven. Other then that it would be John. Maybe McShepPM, I have read a fic with it.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
            Rodney/Teyla (ship and/or friendship) is my favorite Rodney pairing, but I find it easy to pair him with a surprising number of characters. In that respect, Rodney is the female version of Teyla for me because I also find it easy to pair her with different characters. Lately, I've been been happy to find quite a bit of very good Rodney/Teyla fic and some of it has been from a surprising source, McKay/Sheppard slashers. I don't know what caused them to take a walk on the wild side , but this Rodney/Teyla fan appreciates it.

Where are you finding all this Rodney/Teyla fic? Please, share with the class, I could use a dose of those two.
            They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
            Spoiler:
            Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

I am a huge Rodney/Teyla friendshipper, almost to the point of full-fledged shipping if I weren't such a Spanky,. I love Rodney/Sam in either context as well, but I want Rodney to pair up with a woman we haven't met yet or who isn't a main character. Katie Brown was cute (good for Rodney!), but he needs someone with a little more steel . . .
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                Where are you finding all this Rodney/Teyla fic? Please, share with the class, I could use a dose of those two.
                I found the last few through a link in the Teyla Appreciation thread to a Live Journal discussion about Teyla. I'll backtrack to find the Rodney/Teyla fic links and post them here.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

I ship McKay/McKay.. because..he loves himself the most! LOL =] Thats why I love him .lol.

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

I'd have to say McKay/Sheppard. As it is, I practically feel like yelling "get a room you two". Come on, that would be pretty groundbreaking for a TV show, and I know a lot of people who would suddenly watch. Not that I would want to turn SGA into Queer as Folk, but it would make an interesting characteristic to the show. But, bottom line: they better not pair anyone off. I think someone else mentioned this, but remember when Mulder & Scully got together and the X Files started to suck?

Although the ZedPM and himself are pretty funny answers.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by im_meli
                    More random Hewlett nerdery on my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973
                      I'd have to say McKay/Sheppard. As it is, I practically feel like yelling "get a room you two". Come on, that would be pretty groundbreaking for a TV show, and I know a lot of people who would suddenly watch. .
                      Not gonna happen. Not with the hearthrob 'hero' protagonist.

But Zelenka/McKay, now that could be interesting, I'd watch, but they have really pushed the 'Mckay is really crushing on Carter, angle too much' perhaps?

I know on one commentary 'Hot Zone' one writer referred to Zelenka/McKay as the 'perfect couple'.
                      ----
                      There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
                      serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

McKay/Zelenka could also work. They already have a good chemistry and verbally go at each other, which I find very cute. But it's just not as hot as Sheppard. I know they won't pair anyone up. The tension between two charactures is always better than when they hook up. As for Carter, *yawn*. They would get bored with each other within a week.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by im_meli

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury973
                          McKay/Zelenka could also work. They already have a good chemistry and verbally go at each other, which I find very cute. But it's just not as hot as Sheppard. I know they won't pair anyone up. The tension between two charactures is always better than when they hook up. As for Carter, *yawn*. They would get bored with each other within a week.
                          I think they both have good points, and I will read both. But in terms of it happening on screen, it won’t happen with Sheppard. Ever. Unless all the writer move the series to another network. McKay/Zelenka, probably very unlikely, but maybe…maybe teensy tiny slight possibility. (if we sacrifice babies and kittens…OK maybe no

McKay would be very unhappy with Carter, she exposes his insecurities, McKay needs to be needed – and Carter wouldn’t need him for anything. It would be tragic.
                          ----
                          There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
                          serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

Well, my fav is of course mcweir, but I do really like McKay/Cadman, hehe. I like McKay/Carter in that, I can't wait for her to break your heart kind of way, hehe. I liked that chick from "brotherhood" too. But what will probably happen is mckay will be like Kim in Voyager, always trying to get chicks but never getting them, hehe. and then Weir will be like Janeway and never date a subordinate *bangs head...*
                            Spoiler:
                            as I read spoilers for "Sunday"

Comment

All interesting ideas, but I am going to stay with my original pair of McKay/Shep. I loaned my season 1 DVDs to a friend and she watched it and she noticed it. There seems to be some great tension between the two men. Did you ever notice how desperate McKay is to get Sheppard’s attention? I don't think he necessarily wants to be him, but he really wants John's approval. It's really endearing and sweet.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by im_meli

Comment

Working...
                              X