This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible shortcut to Earth from Atlantis

Okay, I just watched 'Home', The episode where the team are hallucinating after trying to dial Earth, and afterwards I had an idea! It hit me like Archimedes in the bathtub -- eureka! Except I wasn't in the bathtub, I was on the couch watching a very strange “Outer Limits” episode. What if they flew a Puddle Jumper to that Stargate and dialled Earth? The Puddle Jumper is airtight (I assume) So the mist lifeforms wouldn't be able to get inside their heads again, They can tell SGC to open that missile silo above the gate and then start flying Puddle Jumpers through and up the silo so the gate room doesn't get crowded. That would be a brilliant evacuation plan for 'The Siege' as opposed to going to an Alpha Site! They can put the ZPM back on Earth and when we need to dial Pegasus we can reconnect it and after it has established an outgoing wormhole, the mist will power it on the opposite side!

I know we promised the mist we'd never come back but screw the morals!

Damn, this should be in Season 1 not 2! Can someone move it please?
    Last edited by Conor; 01 July 2006, 09:02 AM.

IF you were a little mist floating blob of life, with sentience...how would you feel if that was done to you?
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I don't think I'd feel anything as I'd be kinda...dead

Comment

I think were all mean people on Gw for surgesting this...but good idea
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Thanks, but seeing as how its immoral and it will make Atlantis even less cut-of, They'll probably never do it

Comment

Originally posted by Conor
            Thanks, but seeing as how its immoral
            Wouldn't be the first time! *cough* Michael *cough*.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
              Wouldn't be the first time! *cough* Michael *cough*.
              And that turned out terrible didnt it? Damn I hate lots of Weirs decisions! Like the kids on M7G-677! We should have their ZPM, I want it!!

Comment

I think if it came to it Wier would say yes. Which is a good thing.

But I'm thinking the blobs can probably get through the windsheild or something.

Comment

So were gonna kill a large number of sentient life just so we can make a trip back to Earth?

I assume we have to stop eventually... We'd kill all of them. With them all dead, we're at Square One again. Daedelus, anyone?

Mattathias

Comment

Well, might as well kill them all whilst we can. Something to do I 'spose.

Comment

Do you know what "incorporeal" means? It means they have no physical form. It also means that they don't care about physical forms (which is how they get into our heads) like walls and the hull of a puddle jumper. The minute we emerge on the other side of the gate, the mist will know who we are and where we came from, and voom! You're in another illusion that you're never going to come out of.

And why should we have an Alpha site if we can just dial Earth right now and evacuate if something bad happens? We already have a ZPM, remember? Or, failing that, we hop aboard the Daedalus and head home. We are no longer separated from Earth.

Geez Conor, first you take away people's chance at ascension (Epiphany), then you want to kill a bunch of sentient lifeforms, and now you're also saying you don't care about a bunch of kids (Childhood's End). Do you have a moral code of any sort?

Comment

Well, when the Wraith destroy Atlantis at least we'll have our high moral standards

Those kids can come back to the mainland on Atlantis and not have to worry about the ZPM eventually depleting! The Wraith never really come back to Atlantis (Unless theres the occasional distress signal) so they'll be completely safe! Whats the problem?

As for the Ephinany thing, Nobody is there anymore! The woman said that these were the last of her kind. The place was hidden pretty well and we were only able to find it because of the energy readings, The other Humans of Pegasus are far to primitive to find it, not to mention that they probably don't know what ascension is! In fact besides us theres probably only one race who could find it: The Wraith!

And yes, I'm a very immoral person! I think if we ever need to evacuate Pegasus, we should dial out using the mist planet! If the jumpers are cloaked, how are they going to see and connect to us? Maybe shields will keep them out? And the Daedalus cannot bring every member of the expedition back to Earth! The life support system can't handle that much people! And if we just dial the gate and fly through really fast, I wouldn't say they'll have enough time to connect to us

Comment

Well, when the Wraith destroy Atlantis at least we'll have our high moral standards
                          :
                          That's what would say. It's the atlantis version.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Those kids can come back to the mainland on Atlantis and not have to worry about the ZPM eventually depleting! The Wraith never really come back to Atlantis (Unless theres the occasional distress signal) so they'll be completely safe! Whats the problem?
                            Well, if they'e not going to come back, then I guess we don't need more ZPMs, do we?

As for the Ephinany thing, Nobody is there anymore! The woman said that these were the last of her kind. The place was hidden pretty well and we were only able to find it because of the energy readings, The other Humans of Pegasus are far to primitive to find it, not to mention that they probably don't know what ascension is! In fact besides us theres probably only one race who could find it: The Wraith!
                            Watch the episode again. Teer is the descendents of regular humans who wished to Ascend. So yes, the humans of Pegasus most likely know what ascension is and could find the time dilation field if they tried hard, like Teer's forefathers.

And yes, I'm a very immoral person! I think if we ever need to evacuate Pegasus, we should dial out using the mist planet! If the jumpers are cloaked, how are they going to see and connect to us? Maybe shields will keep them out?
                            No, and no. If these mist aliens can read our minds, how would any of our tech keep them out?

And the Daedalus cannot bring every member of the expedition back to Earth! The life support system can't handle that much people! And if we just dial the gate and fly through really fast, I wouldn't say they'll have enough time to connect to us
                            Yes they would. The Mist is spread across the entire area (if not the entire planet), remember? Besides, do you actually know what "incorporeal" means? They function on a plain completely different from us physical beings.

And you still haven't told me why we couldn't just dial the Lantis gate...oh yeah, I forgot, we would still have to transfer the control crystal from our DHD to the mist planet's, which means the mists will have plenty of time to probe our mind when we're fiddling with their DHD.

Comment

Ok, Im browsing over those episodes again just to be sure, But Ronan didnt know what Ascension was and The Genii don't seem to interested in it. And the Wraith will probably come back now because theres a good chance Michael told the rest of them, being the trustworthy person he is Anyway how will our technology not work because they can read our minds? Teyla can read the Wraith's minds but we're still vulnerable to stunners!

And I have another idea about getting the Lantian control crystal into that DHD. We'll beam the DHD to the Daedalus, Rodney can put the crystal in, We beam it back down, dial it up and we're laughing! (And don't get to upset about the fog being killed, it is after all a TV show)

Comment

Working...
                              X