Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1 - NASA Space Flight: CLV named after a Goa'uld?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - NASA Space Flight: CLV named after a Goa'uld?

From NASA Space Flight:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/content/?id=4589

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

NASA officialy name CLV/CaLV

By Chris Bergin, 6/30/2006 11:37:00 AM

NASA will officially announce the names of their next generation fleet later today, with the Crew Launch Vehicle (CLV) being named Ares I, and the Cargo Launch Vehicle (CaLV) being christened Ares V.

Back in February, NASASpaceflight.com revealed all four names for the vehicles that will participate in NASA's Vision for Space Exploration (VSE) - with the official announcement to be broadcast on NASA TV at 7pm UK.

A Greek goddess, a Roman mythological god, and a near-by star winning through as the identities of the new ships that will send America back to the moon and on to Mars.

In the next decade, Altair, Artemis and Ares (I and V) could well become space community household names, as NASA returns to exploration past our own orbit.

**snippage**

Other - more assuming reasoning for the names - could be from a NASA HQ that is full of Stargate SG-1 fans, as Artemis is also the name of a 'Goa'uld' in the television series, and 'Artemis II' was the lunar lander that was attacked by General Zod and his sidekick villains in the Superman movie.

NASA SpaceFlight.com © 2005-2006

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

I wonder if they meant to type Ares instead of Artemis, as Ares WAS a Goa'uld in "It's Good To Be King."

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X