PDA

View Full Version : Torchwood Sub-forum

The Signal
June 29th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Okay, back when it seemed like we would be clogged by episode threads, we asked for a sub forum, well I think we might need one for Torchwood. With Army of Ghosts and Doomsday including them it is only natural that there will be massive speculation about them and the new show So, I say we find out if there is enough need for one, which IMO there will be, and then go and ask Darren if it would be okay to get one. If the show begins around October, you would think that there will be many spoilers, each of which will end up getting a new thread, and then when the episodes come along they will be thrown in any old place. So, er.. discuss, do we need a sub forum or not?

Missster.Freeman
June 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
The Trek forum isn't sub-divided into folders for each series. All the threads are contained in a single folder. There are however discussion threads for each of the Trek spin-offs. I'm okay with just a single Trek forum, there isn't the demand now for sub-folders.

I agree however, as there's more activity in this folder, there should be a Torchwood sub-folder, at least for the episodes anyway.

The Signal
June 29th, 2006, 11:55 AM
My bad on the Trek forum, havent been in there for a while, I think it was Event Horizon forum that divided them :o

ShadowMaat
June 29th, 2006, 11:57 AM
You need to fix your spoiler tag. :P

I'm guessing Darren will say he wants to hold off and see whether or not Torchwood warrants a sub-folder before he goes about creating one and that in the meanwhile, dump everything here and just make sure they're clearly labeled and spoilerized. :)

Would be nice for a separate folder, but since fans of one will almost invariably be fans of both... *shrug* Might not be entirely necessary, although it could get confusing when both shows are going strong.

Missster.Freeman
June 29th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I think it was Event Horizon forum that divided them :o
Think I barely remember that forum. What happened to it? Did it disappear into itself? :P

Here's hoping Torchwood does start strong and keep going, unlike the other Dr Who spin-off, K-9 & Company. It never made it past the first episode. :/

Billz
June 30th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Im still not a fan of the whole spin-off idea (just saw K9 &Company on video, no wonder it never became a spin-off!)

I just dont think 'Doctor Who' needs a spin-off. I am willing to give Torchwood a try though but I still think that RTD should just stick to making one show.

jonno
July 2nd, 2006, 07:57 PM
Think I barely remember that forum. What happened to it? Did it disappear into itself? :P

No - we're still here. But even we realised that too many subforums are bad, and got rid of all the subfolders for each different Trek recently.

And - not a great Who fan, but congrats to the BBC for churning out what seems to be a quality product, and good luck to the new show.