This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood Sub-forum

Okay, back when it seemed like we would be clogged by episode threads, we asked for a sub forum, well I think we might need one for Torchwood.
    Spoiler:
    With Army of Ghosts and Doomsday including them it is only natural that there will be massive speculation about them and the new show
    So, I say we find out if there is enough need for one, which IMO there will be, and then go and ask Darren if it would be okay to get one. If the show begins around October, you would think that there will be many spoilers, each of which will end up getting a new thread, and then when the episodes come along they will be thrown in any old place. So, er.. discuss, do we need a sub forum or not?
    Last edited by The Signal; 29 June 2006, 10:58 AM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

The Trek forum isn't sub-divided into folders for each series. All the threads are contained in a single folder. There are however discussion threads for each of the Trek spin-offs. I'm okay with just a single Trek forum, there isn't the demand now for sub-folders.

I agree however, as there's more activity in this folder, there should be a Torchwood sub-folder, at least for the episodes anyway.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

My bad on the Trek forum, havent been in there for a while, I think it was Event Horizon forum that divided them
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

You need to fix your spoiler tag.

I'm guessing Darren will say he wants to hold off and see whether or not Torchwood warrants a sub-folder before he goes about creating one and that in the meanwhile, dump everything here and just make sure they're clearly labeled and spoilerized.

Would be nice for a separate folder, but since fans of one will almost invariably be fans of both... *shrug* Might not be entirely necessary, although it could get confusing when both shows are going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          I think it was Event Horizon forum that divided them
          Think I barely remember that forum. What happened to it? Did it disappear into itself?

Here's hoping Torchwood does start strong and keep going, unlike the other Dr Who spin-off, K-9 & Company. It never made it past the first episode. :/
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Im still not a fan of the whole spin-off idea (just saw K9 &Company on video, no wonder it never became a spin-off!)

I just dont think 'Doctor Who' needs a spin-off. I am willing to give Torchwood a try though but I still think that RTD should just stick to making one show.
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
              Think I barely remember that forum. What happened to it? Did it disappear into itself?
              No - we're still here. But even we realised that too many subforums are bad, and got rid of all the subfolders for each different Trek recently.

And - not a great Who fan, but congrats to the BBC for churning out what seems to be a quality product, and good luck to the new show.
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
              X