This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finale Alternatives (spoilers inside)

i was just thinking about the way S9 ended, and things that could've been done to prevent it from happening. One thing that crossed my mind, was they could've flown up to the supergate and expanded their shields to right in front of the event horizon, creating a sort of iris preventing the ships from even passing through. they had plenty of time staring at the gate, to have accomplished this, heck they might've been able to even, with asgard help, build an iris into the gate.

anyone else have ideas on what they could've done but didn't to keep the invasion from happening?

kvasir just got there a few minutes before it activated. the kawoosh would've destroyed the ships.
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

They would have also had no idea how long it would take for the Ori to come through the gate. They could have risked using up all their power.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
        They would have also had no idea how long it would take for the Ori to come through the gate. They could have risked using up all their power.
        I'm sure the asgard power source on the O'Neill class ship vasir brought with him would have been able to supply the necessary power without complete drainage.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't have wanted Season 9 to end any other way. I was left with my mouth wide open, dumbfounded. And I really enjoyed that. It may be bad, but I did.

Seeing us get our collective a**** kicked was refreshing to see. Especially after how skilled SG-1 has gotten over the years at taking out the bad guys. Season 9's finale showed just how powerful a foe the Ori will be.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

refreshing but terifying
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

another thought that i just had while watching an old sg1 today... was couldn't they have put an obstruction in the center of the gate? to keep the event horizon from forming in the first place akin to burying the gate which makes it unusable. do we know exactily what it takes to keep the gates from connecting?

Comment

It would have been necessary to obstruct all of the gate.

Comment

They could have towed the stargate somewhere and flung it into a star, or a black hole.

However, like The Fifth Man said, the way it ended was fantastic.
                  An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                    They could have towed the stargate somewhere and flung it into a star, or a black hole.

However, like The Fifth Man said, the way it ended was fantastic.
                    Hey, I'm glad you agree.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

don't get me wrong, i'm very pleased with the ending. i'm just trying to fantasize, and expand my thinking, as well as tide myself over until s10 actually starts

Comment

Working...
                      X