This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Rid Of Baal Thread!!!!

I am a little tired of seeing episodes with Baal in them. I admitt, he used to be a great character, but the show has moved on, away from the Gould plot. The new threat is the Ori, whether you like it or not you like it. Instead of seeing episodes of Baal, I would much rather see episodes that help to further advance the Ori plot. It might just be me, but in Season 10, I would like to see Ori instead of Baal. Do you think that Ball will play a larger of smaller part in Season 10 than in Season 9?

I am sorry if there was a similiar thread.
    Last edited by Hippaforalkus; 27 June 2006, 06:40 PM.

Originally posted by Hippaforalkus
    I am a little tired of seeing episodes with Baal in them. I admitt, he used to be a great character, but the show has moved on, away from the Gould plot. The new threat is the Ori, whether you like it or not you like it. Instead of seeing episodes of Baal, I would much rather see episodes that help to further advance the Ori plot. It might just be me, but in Season 10, I would like to see Ori instead of Baal. Do you think that Ball will play a larger of smaller part than in Season 9?

Are you kidding? Baal is the sneakiest, most clever, diabolical thinker the sgu has ever known. He held a large amount of power under anubis, while still being subservient. How can we afford to loose him as a character?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

The plot has moved on past the Gould and is now on the Ori. Also, he can be defeated much easier than the Ori who are MUCH more technolgically advanced.

Comment

Yeah, it is time to move on into the Ori plot and move away from the Goa'uld story. The Goa'uld have been defeated, new bad guys have been introduced, time to get rid of the old story lines.

Comment

Ba'al doesn't necessarily = Goa'uld. He has long since become his own character that could function under many many circumstances, including an Ori invasion.

And please, we just defeated the Goa'uld last year! It'll be stupid to not have some lasting effects.

Comment

But still, Baal is considered a minor problem to the SGC considering that the Ori are now here. Similiar to the Genii on Atlantis to a lesser extent.

Comment

So...like the Genii, we should still show him being a pain, right? Good to know.

Comment

I have to agree that while Baal has been a great character in the past, the episodes that involved him in Season 9 felt out of place.

I am looking forward to the episode with him
                Spoiler:
                and his out of control clones
                in Season 10, but it may be time to see him retire. I would like to see the show develop new secondary plots that are not Ori nor Goa'uld related.

Yet, I realize that I will tolerate Baal as long as the replicators remain gone. Fifth and Replicarter were the only positive side effects from that arc.

Sorry Baal; it's time.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Baal is great, it would be a waste of good episodes to get rid of such an interesting villan.

It could create some unique opportunitys where SG-1 has to co-operate with Ba'al or visa versa, alot like in Reckoning Part 2, that was great.
                  Last edited by Chutzpah; 28 June 2006, 05:00 AM.
                  An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

well it's known
                    Spoiler:
                    that baal has a reduced role, but he's there as an integral character to add dynamic to finding the sangraal. i'm betting that we won't se much of him, but he will be there to go crazy, and just wreak a different kind of havoc

Comment

Originally posted by Hippaforalkus
                      I am a little tired of seeing episodes with Baal in them. I admitt, he used to be a great character, but the show has moved on, away from the Gould plot. The new threat is the Ori, whether you like it or not you like it. Instead of seeing episodes of Baal, I would much rather see episodes that help to further advance the Ori plot. It might just be me, but in Season 10, I would like to see Ori instead of Baal. Do you think that Ball will play a larger of smaller part in Season 10 than in Season 9?

I accually agree with you. I liked Ba'al and the Goa'uld better then the Orii but it's time to more on. Or at least come up with better storylines for Ba'al.
                      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                        Baal is great, it would be a waste of good episodes to get rid of such an interesting villan.

It could create some unique opportunitys where SG-1 has to co-operate with Baal or visa versa, alot like in Reckoning Part 2, that was great.
                        I couldn't agree more. I really enjoyed the Ba'al of the past few seasons. I think TPTB have come up with great ways to keep him relevant, at least IMO. Even though the Ori are the main new bad now, there's no reason to totally abandon the past of this show. I hope Ba'al sticks around for quite awhile longer.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I love Baa'l, he's such a delicously evil bad guy. He has a personality we've grown to know, although he can turn and surprise you even now. So far, the Ori are evil, but no personality. We don't particularly know any one Ori, and certainly aren't drawn to any of them the way many of us were to Baa'l in his early days. They all seem to be made from the same mold, but Baa'l is charm and Personality with a capital "P".

And I don't think every single show has to be about the Ori, and Baa'l gives us the opportunity to deal with a 'still lurking' bad guy. And being smart and wily, he can surprise us in many ways even yet, and create havoc in his own way. But we understand his type of evil ways, it's not cold and unfeeling, he's just out for himself and what he can get, while we're not sure there is a motivation for the Prior other than a mindless devotion.

And to go a little shallow here, he is also HOT!!!!
                          EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Ba'al is great. I love him.

The entire clone story, however, is bad. I knew it was a bad idea to begin with.. and was jsut proved correct - I don't want to see ba'al getting killed over and over again just to discover it was a clone. I find the Ba'al Story line in Off the Grid
                            Spoiler:
                            As in, trying to re-gain his force in the galaxy
                            to have a lot of potential.

As soon as you kill all the clones and never see them again!
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
                              Ba'al is great. I love him.

The entire clone story, however, is bad. I knew it was a bad idea to begin with.. and was jsut proved correct - I don't want to see ba'al getting killed over and over again just to discover it was a clone. I find the Ba'al Story line in Off the Grid
                              Spoiler:
                              As in, trying to re-gain his force in the galaxy
                              to have a lot of potential.

As soon as you kill all the clones and never see them again!
                              Hmm, I quite like the clone idea. However, it doesn't make sense to me unless there is a 'real' Baal controlling them.
                              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Working...
                              X