Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where should we send news for Gateworld?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where should we send news for Gateworld?

I recently posted a message on various e-mail lists and forums to let people know about the Stargate eBay auction. Since I didn't know a specific person to send it to at Gateworld and I was in a bit of a rush, I thought the quickest way to let you guys know was to post the message on your forum. I was surprised to see you credit someone else for the news I sent you. The information in your article can only have come from my post since it contained facts that were not on eBay but came directly from Legends Memorabilia - and I was the only person they contacted.

Please don't think I'm blaming you for this, I just thought you should know where your informant found the information; it was on your own forum all along!

Could you please post the best e-mail address for people to use if they want to send news to Gateworld? That way you will get the news more quickly, and maybe next time you'll thank the person who actually sent you the story

Please feel free to e-mail me off-list about this if you have any questions. I won't be able to check here very often as I'm having computer problems.

Thank you very much,

Sally

If you look at the bottom of the Gateworld homepage there's a link called Report News. That's probably the best and only way to report news and get credited as the source.
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Out of curiosity, how do you know you were the only one contacted by Legends? I should think that they would go all out to advertise this as much as possible, and certainly one of the best ways to do that would be to contact the biggest fansites on the net... including, of course, Gateworld.

Haven't read the news but I know I saw the auction mentioned in a variety of places by a variety of people with a varying amount of detail...

Some of the stuff looks nifty, but most of the ones I like are already out of my price range.

Comment

Thanks, didn't spot that one! The page loaded up a bit strangely - there was writing on top of writing - the "Babylon 5" and other links were on top of other things, for example. That was probably my computer, which is now being rebuilt much like the Six Million Dollar Man, except I think it cost more! In the meantime I'm stuck using an old laptop and a dodgy network...and Bill Gates is rich. Sigh.

Thanks again, I'll use the link next time.

Sally

Comment

[QUOTE=ShadowMaat]Out of curiosity, how do you know you were the only one contacted by Legends? QUOTE]

Because that's what we agreed on

The original mail from Legends was pretty long, and I varied my own words a little in different places because, for example, Gategoers folk didn't need me to explain about stuff they'd all seen. By the same logic, sites will highlight the information they think is most relevant to their readership; that's why I sent the entire e-mail to websites - so that if they needed to edit it, they could choose what they felt was of most interest to their readers.

Legends had said I could change/edit their mail but the only thing I remember removing was a Season 7 spoiler; instead I simply said a costume came from the episode "Heroes" because I knew anyone who had seen the episode would remember what happens in it anyway. And I know that in Britain at the very least, there are folk who watch on terrestrial and haven't seen S7 yet.

And yes, lots of nifty stuff. Wish I could afford those Paradise Lost maps. Loved that episode.

Sally

Comment

Please use the 'Report News' link on the home page, or e-mail [email protected], to report news. We can't monitor the forum 24/7 for news tips, alas!

The info in GW's news story on the eBay auction came entirely from the Legends site and the eBay auction pages, IIRC.

Thanks!
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
            X