Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

omg Blade in 2 days! Mark your calendars...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg Blade in 2 days! Mark your calendars...

... and lets not let a possibly good Vampire TV show die in under a season! I didn't even notice it until I was surfing gateworld and looked up lol

Now I'm psyched for Wednesday!

I've heard a bit about this show, but that bit is that it exists...Where can I get info about it? Alas, it'll probably never make its way here to aus, but I want to know regardless. Is Wesley Snipes playing blade?

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
    Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
    Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Blade is being played by Sticky Fingaz. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491714/

I haven't seen many ads for the series. I heard the first and only one this past week. They don't seem to be promoting it well, which makes me wonder how long it will last if people don't know it's there.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

By my count they have been saturating the airwaves, but then I watch TV at odd times.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I had totally forgot about this. So, Sticky Fingaz from Onyx is playing Blade? I knew he'd done a fair bit of acting, I didn't know he could do martial arts though.

I would love to check it out, however, it'll probably never be shown in the UK. If it is, they'll show the first couple of episodes, and will disappear without a trace. Which happens all too often here with sci-fi/fantasy series.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Am I the only person who is completely baffled by this?

I thought the first movie was alright--at best. It was by no means fantastic. And because I didn't care much for it, I never made any effort to see either of the sequels, which I heard from fans were progressively worse than the first one.

So, why a TV show which doesn't even include the original actors?
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
              Am I the only person who is completely baffled by this?

I thought the first movie was alright--at best. It was by no means fantastic. And because I didn't care much for it, I never made any effort to see either of the sequels, which I heard from fans were progressively worse than the first one.

One word: money.

Blade II and III still made a fair amount of money so I think Spike is banking that the Blade fans will follow the series as well.
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I enjoyed the Blade films. So I'll definitely give this show a chance. What can it hurt, right?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This show is going to be on Spike TV. Think about it, Spike TV.

The funny thing about Spike TV, which is supposed to be "the first network for men" and is marketed towards young men, actually has close to a 50% female viewership and the average age of the viewers is around 40.

Comment

That's because of all the CSI reruns. When they air UFC (which is for MEN), I can't see too many women tuning in. Spike has found success with The Ulitmate Fighter reality series, I'm sure this could do well, maybe.

The same reason nobody returned from the Stargate movie. Both money issues and the fact the movie stars don't like long TV commitments, it holds them down.
                    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Chatter has it the show has no 'bite'. Expect the sun to rise early on this one.

Pity. Vamp shows can be more then leather, blood and bad dialog.
                      Remember 'Forever Knight' 92-96; 'Kindred' 92
                      The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Reminds me of those B-movies on Scifi, but with better effects.
                        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
                          Chatter has it the show has no 'bite'. Expect the sun to rise early on this one.

Pity. Vamp shows can be more then leather, blood and bad dialog.
                          Remember 'Forever Knight' 92-96; 'Kindred' 92
                          Yeah, as all good shows of that nature, they disappeared quickly. I was never a big fan of Blade, particularly with Wesley Snipes in the role. It has a strong element of cheese, with the leather, growling, and teeth baring.

I prefer vamps like Kindred and Forever Knight, sophisticated, urbane, and lots of individual personality. Blade has no ambiguity. Human good, vampire bad.

I'll still check out the show but if they're not going to bring anything different from the movie, I'll move on.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I saw parts of it last night and I think I figured it out: acting while wearing the right sunglasses adds directly to your perceived acting abiliy. The best example of this is probably the Matrix trilogy, though Morpheus and Smith were great already.

Comment

It wasn't too bad. Needs a little work, but overall I liked it. Turning one of the main characters into a Vampire in the 1st episode gets a thumbs up from Lord Shiva

Comment

Working...
                              X