X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 10 Preview!!!

FURLINGS!!!! (Give meh green!! )

http://rapidshare.de/files/24133119/sg110low.avi.html

EDIT: As PG-15 said, First 6 minutes (The actual Preview) and Last 6 minutes are the same. The 15 minutes in between is a Ben Browder Interview.

The Actual Preview, courtesy of PG-15 is http://www.sendspace.com/file/hx156o

EDIT #2: Courtesy of Jades: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b8YPr9oUtU

Transcript courtesy of SGEureka

Originally posted by sgeureka

Michael Shanks: Welcome to Season 10. OMG.

Dan Shea: Welcome to S10.

Martin Gero: Welcome to S10.

Robert C. Cooper, in his car talking to the camera: Hey, are you shooting a movie?

Title card: Stargate SG-1 Preview To Season X

Paul Mullie: It's a pretty big mile stone by really any standards, or whatever you want to call it, TV, in general science fiction, cable... Really, on any level.

RCC: It's pretty rare to have made a show for 10 years. You know, we tried to end it, we tried. Brad was talking about ending it after S5, and we tried to write the endings. We were just to darn successful for ourselves.

Joseph Mallozzi: I mean, personally for me, I'm happy for being involved in the show, I mean, it's something I'm exceptionally proud of. 10 seasons is unheard of in television.

RCC: S10 is going to be, we're seeing the Ori come into our galaxy in a much bigger way, show force, basically taking over.

PM: When we first started, the Goa'uld were out there, they were in charge. We didn't have a lot of technology. We didn't really know what we were doing. We were kind of at a loss.

RCC: We really had no idea what was going on other than we were in a lot of trouble.

JM: In S9 and S10, we were on the top, and slowly sort of the Ori began to make inroads, and we come down on the bottom again.

RCC: We had won so many battles that we had become these incredible heroes that win everytime. The challenge has time and gone out of the series. And so the whole point of creating the Ori and having them come in and kind of slowly sweep across the galaxy was to take us back to where we were when the series first started.

JM: Villains are always fun, but female villains are twice as much fun, especially beautiful female villains.

PM: The big new character is the character of Adria. She's the leader of the Ori. She's our new villain, if you will.

JM: As the fans probably know or have heard, Vala's daughter will rapid-grow. She will grow up to become the leader of the Ori army.

PM: The problem with the extra-dimensional enemy, if you will, is that they don't have a face, right? They're just out there. It's difficult to draw the ties, obviously. That's the role that her character plays in S10.

RCC: I think we got some new fans. People who may have felt that it was too late to join in understood that we were starting fresh. And that it was time to jump in. It's a fun entertaining action-adventure rob(?), and now is the time.

Ben Browder, holding two guns as Mitchell before shooting the zombies in 200: What is Stargate? We are killing zombies.

Zombies: Ergherhge...

Martin Gero: You know, like at the end of S9, you were like, "I got some questions about how it is going to turn out." S10 answers them, raises some more, answers them, raises one more, answers it, gives you an answer you don't even think you need, and then asks the question.

Dan Shea: Huge. Nothing but a big thing, think feature things, big radgits(?), big hundred foot ???, lots of wire-work. They're just killing zombie after zombie after zombie. Big. I think "huge" is the word.

Ben Browder: Season "Two", now in Season "Two". Claude's come on board. That makes the day even more fun than it was. We've really good cast and crew. We're working, yes, but we're trying to have fun, hang out with your friends. It's good.

Michael Shanks: Claudia Black is back. Black is back. Full time, so we are having our usual shinanigans. The audience is really going to like it, and we're certainly, with all five characters now being sort of the composite SG-1. I think it's a great new chemistry and a great new dynamic, so I mean everybody's having a good time.

JM: RDA will be coming back for S10, two episodes in S10, and that's going to be a huge deal. We were slipping back and forth, "Would he be interested, would he not be interested?" Then he ended up calling on his own and saying, "Hey, are you guys interested in having me back?", and we said, "Yeah, absolutely."

PM: The biggest thing we can think to bring back is Rick, right? Because he was such a huge part of the show for so long. It didn't feel right to do it without him.

RDA: I had come back to do both shows now. I took a year off. I took a year's worth of nap. They call me rip-fan Anderson. I'm now back doing not just the Stargate SG-1 show, but now for a few hours I have to go over to the Atlantis show, and do something over there. And I haven't got the slightest idea of what it is but it should be exciting.

RCC, imitating a school kid: "Oh oh oh, Mr. Cooper, when are we going to see the Furlings?"

Martin Wood: Furlings. Finally. And they're exactly what Joe Mallozzi always said they would be. (with his hands in the air, acting silly) "Iii-Iii-Iii-Iii..." That's what's going to happen. This way.

RCC: Finally, fans will be getting what they want. And they will see the Furlings.

JM: I say it all the time. It sounds like a cliché that it's like a family. And it is. You go in everyday, you see these people...

PM: It just kind of kept going. There were stories to tell so we never felt like, "Oh, we got to get to this mark, or that mark. Right? It's about the journey, not the destination, right? We lose track. It doesn't seem that long ago that we were having the 100th episode, and that was a big deal. And now we're doing 200, that's crazy.

RCC: It's still SG-1, but it's a different SG-1. I hope that the new incarnation has sort of stopped people from talking about when it's going to be over and just enjoying it for what it is now. And who knows how long it could go? Of course I am excited about S10. Why wouldn't I be excited? In S10, we're going to be in the Guinness Book of Records for the longest running science fiction show "in color". That's Brad's joke.

Some screen shots coming later.
    Last edited by Xanderic; 26 June 2006, 09:30 AM.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

cool....

.... is it just me, or is mitchell carrying the replicator/disrupter gun? (around 3:50)

Comment

Any chance of a summary for those on dail up
      sigpic

Comment

basically around 5:00

Robert Cooper (Raises hand like a kid in a classroom): Oh oh oh Mr. Cooper, when are we going to see the Furlings?

Martin Wood: Furlings.. finally... and they're exactly what Joe will not tell us they would be*raises hands and says* ee ee ee. That's what's going to happen.

Robert Cooper: Finally, you know, fans will get what they want. And see the furlings.
        Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Oh. My. God.

Season 10 is going to be AWESOME!!!!

Ahem, pardon me. Yes, Season 10 does look to be quite enticing, and I cannot wait to see it...Ok, I guess it's too late to save my dignity.

By the way, welcome back Xander! I don't know if you know this, but they're setting up some sets over at UBC right now for Atlantis; it's along Westbrook at one of the old Research centers or something.

Anyway, back to the fun. ONLY 19 MORE DAYS!!! WHEEEEEE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            Oh. My. God.

Season 10 is going to be AWESOME!!!!

Ahem, pardon me. Yes, Season 10 does look to be quite enticing, and I cannot wait to see it...Ok, I guess it's too late to save my dignity.

By the way, welcome back Xander! I don't know if you know this, but they're setting up some sets over at UBC right now for Atlantis; it's along Westbrook at one of the old Research centers or something.

Anyway, back to the fun. ONLY 19 MORE DAYS!!! WHEEEEEE!!!!
            I know. I took one of the Atlantis arrow signs .... and they were filming at CERN (Particle Accelerator Building) last last friday.

Comment

Damn! So, did you pretend to be a bush and take pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                I know. I took one of the Atlantis arrow signs .... and they were filming at CERN (Particle Accelerator Building) last last friday.
                Cern? Isn't that that place from Angels and Demons? It's real?!?!

Comment

1) I didn't have my camera with me
                  2) I don't know if it's actually spelt CERN... but I know they filmed at the Particle Accelerator Building at UBC

Comment

Man, I so can't wait for this season to get started already.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Actually, CERN is also the name of the largest particle physics lab in the world, based near Geneva in Switzerland (Link). Hmm...we have a CERN too? Odd.

Anyway, just in case that 2Gb bandwidth run out, here's a shortened version of just the 6-minute preview:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hx156o

Comment

Okay, why won't this play for me. I have Quicktime. What am I missing? Can anyone help?

Comment

It's about to run out soon. and I'm uploading it to rapidshare.de atm

Comment

No worries dude, already got it on SendSpace (well, only the preview part).

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                              No worries dude, already got it on SendSpace (well, only the preview part).
                              Yeah, thanks for that. I enjoyed it quite a lot.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X