X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - New Zealand Stuff - Amanda Tapping Interview

From the New Zealand Stuff (Fairfax, NZ):

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/sundayn...a15615,00.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

SUNDAY NEWS - ENTERTAINMENT STORY

Actress loves being a Stargater
    25 June 2006
    By ELLEN DAVIES

Anyone who thinks being a TV star is glamorous should ask Stargate legend Amanda Tapping.

The actress who's played Sam Carter for the last 10 seasons laughs when asked if it's not all glamour.

"Not all glamour? Try not any glamour!" she laughs.

**snippage**

Amanda believes the show has at least another year in it and she'll likely stay until it ends.

**snippage**

Over the years, Amanda has become fond of the role of Sam and the character has taken on some of Amanda's own quirks.

"I think my sense of humour has crept in. She's not afraid to be vulnerable and fragile - she's a fallible human being."

Amanda says she couldn't have stayed so long if she didn't like her character.

"I know that I really wanted the part because she's an incredibly strong savvy woman. She's become so much more well rounded, I like her a lot."

"I don't think I could stay on the show if I didn't like the character and the people that I work with.

"All of the characters gel so well, as well as the actors."

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Originally posted by morjana
    From the New Zealand Stuff (Fairfax, NZ):

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/sundayn...a15615,00.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

SUNDAY NEWS - ENTERTAINMENT STORY

Actress loves being a Stargater
    25 June 2006
    By ELLEN DAVIES

Anyone who thinks being a TV star is glamorous should ask Stargate legend Amanda Tapping.

The actress who's played Sam Carter for the last 10 seasons laughs when asked if it's not all glamour.

"Not all glamour? Try not any glamour!" she laughs.

**snippage**

Amanda believes the show has at least another year in it and she'll likely stay until it ends.

**snippage**

Over the years, Amanda has become fond of the role of Sam and the character has taken on some of Amanda's own quirks.

"I think my sense of humour has crept in. She's not afraid to be vulnerable and fragile - she's a fallible human being."

Amanda says she couldn't have stayed so long if she didn't like her character.

"I know that I really wanted the part because she's an incredibly strong savvy woman. She's become so much more well rounded, I like her a lot."

"I don't think I could stay on the show if I didn't like the character and the people that I work with.

"All of the characters gel so well, as well as the actors."

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

Thanks Morjana for the link and it's nice to read that Amanda is likely to stay on for more seasons and feels happy with Sam still. I really do hope SG1 go on to do films after their run on TV as i would really miss them.
    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
      Thanks Morjana for the link and it's nice to read that Amanda is likely to stay on for more seasons and feels happy with Sam still. I really do hope SG1 go on to do films after their run on TV as i would really miss them.

Same here. Glad to see Amanda will stay on, and still feels good about the character!

Thanks for posting, Morjana!!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        Same here. Glad to see Amanda will stay on, and still feels good about the character!

Thanks for posting, Morjana!!
        You're all very welcome.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Go New Zealand! I don't even know why a New Zealand website has that interview. They have only just started screening season 8 here (at 2pm on a Friday with no advertising, no less)

And a b-rate T.V station has has almost finished with Atlantis Season 1
          An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
            Go New Zealand! I don't even know why a New Zealand website has that interview. They have only just started screening season 8 here (at 2pm on a Friday with no advertising, no less)

And a b-rate T.V station has has almost finished with Atlantis Season 1
            Because they watch SG in New Zealand? (I'm assuming so!) Anyway, the easiest way to find these interviews is simply to use google news, yahoo news, alta vista news and ask news. Most let you set up notices that even send you an email when an article is out there.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              Because they watch SG in New Zealand? (I'm assuming so!) Anyway, the easiest way to find these interviews is simply to use google news, yahoo news, alta vista news and ask news. Most let you set up notices that even send you an email when an article is out there.
              Yes, they do watch it in NZ despite the crazy hours it is on and I am glad for the coverage that they have in magazines.

They also have had an interview with Amanda in the NZ tv guide a couple of weeks back.

Actually in NZ they are showing Seasons 6-8 of SG1 every week and also SGA S1.

SGA every Thursday, SG1 S7 on Friday night, SG1 S6 and S8 on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

only if you get Sky If you don't it's way less

Comment

Working...
                X