This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OC (Original Character) Thread

Anyone actually write OCs? Maybe you have one but are nervous about using he/she/it? I happen to like OCs, if they're well written which is becoming more and more rare.

So, if you have one, mind putting the character's stats into an easy-read info block like this so I can see them? I like making critques on them, if you don't mind.

Original Character - SGA Universe

Name: Sheedra
    Race: Yunan (short humans of the desert/forest world Haldin)
    Eyes: Hawk-like amber
    Skin: Cuban-esque (think a mocha latte)
    Hair: Waist-lenght, mahogany brown, normally in a ponytail and braided
    Height: Short (barely 3'6")

History: Born into the service of her village's elder, Sheedra was an errand girl most of her life. Her people, explorers in their own right, used her to memorize various things, whether it the healing properties of a foreign plant or the Gate address to one of the Yunan's allied worlds. After several attempts to run away, she's found by AG1 (Atlantis Gate Team 1: My fabricated title for Sheppard's team) on one of their missions. . .
    Due to her village's tradition, Sheedra was selected to be a human sacrifice on a ritual meant to ward off the Wraiths.

Personality: Sheedra is terminally curious, wanting to know everything about everything. While she often causes trouble, she's very apologetic, truly not liking being a bother to anyone. Jumpy and usually shy, she clings to those who she trusts and hides from everyone else.

If anyone would like to give me an opinion or post their own OC, I'd appreciate it. Thank you! ^.^

~Lucia
    This is OTAKUDOM-
    I mean.... This is STARGATEDOM!

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

i've done an OC twice, not counting the 'throwaway' characters.

one was Eric Anderson in a series of fic i wrote. they were masisvely based on spoilers for chimera, only the fact that sam got a guy.

i can't say that i really set out for much, other than doing my level best NOT to make him a marty sue. he wasn't perfect, he had secrets in his past. course, sam wasn't perfect either.

it starts with 'a chance encounter' and i think there are 4-5 fic. I really need to deal with eric again, just haven't come up with the right story

http://www.geocities.com/sky_diver119/seriesmain.htm

the other one that i did was major warren masters in Captive. it's a fic in a zine so i can't post a link to it. But a good portion of the story was about him. he was an officer at the sgc who was 'lost' and ended up taken as a host...then was rescued

I think the hardest thing about an oc is not to make them cliche. to me, the worst ones are thinly, and not so thinly, disguised versions of the author.

i've started to read the fic where, sam's new best friend, who is also a maverick and flamboyant woman, just wows em at the sgc.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 04 August 2004, 05:48 PM.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I suppose Luke counts as an OC.

I just happened to notice the food server in 48 Hours. McKay was being such an ass (as only McKay can be) and the look the server shot him as he was walking away was just SO perfect... The thought that ran through my mind at the time was, "I use the same ladle for both dishes. I hope you choke on it!"

Anyway, since Sam was also in the scene, it seemed natural that Luke would have a crush on her (I think most guys do), and if you're dealing with a guy who has a crush on Sam, you have to confront the Black Widow Curse. I decided Luke was the reason that all Sam's love interests end up dead and it's kinda scary how easily it all slipped into place...

I dubbed him Luke after another food server-type person, Luke Danes on Gilmore Girls.

Despite his homicidal tendencies, Luke is actually a pretty nice guy... in his own way. He's a good guy to have on your side... and you definitely don't want to cross him! Kinda like me in that regard.

He's been in two fics so far, both archived on Gateworld and I'm already drafting up notes for Food Server Diaries: Third Course. As soon as S8 is over...

Comment

*jaw drop* ShadowMaat, while I dislike McKay getting nearly killed *is a McKay fangirl*, I must beg you to get me the link to those Luke fics.

Luke killing everyone off... OMG, that's genius.

Skydiver, bless you for not giving into temptation and making this authoress's worse nightmare: The Mary-Sue/Marty-Lou. May all of them drown in a very hot fire. *shakes fist*

~Lucia
        This is OTAKUDOM-

IMPORTANT! Lucia Tanaka will be AWOL for about 1-2 months due to school. See you soon!

Comment

I love McKay, too. It leads to some interesting conflicts where Luke is concerned, since Luke emphatically wants him dead.

* First Course
          * Second Course

No worries about McKay getting killed off... yet... but there will definitely be some interesting developments in the third course.

And if I ever go completely insane and write that McKay/Princess Bloodfang fic, Luke will be forced to team up with Wodney in order to save Sam. Oh yeah, and the rest of the world, too.

Comment

*dies laughing* OMG! I've read through The Secret History and The First Diary. This is brill! Absolute brill!I love how for about eight entries after McKay returns every has citrus in it. And How he's so pissed when Daniel returns. *adds it to Favorites* Bravo! *giggles*

~Lucia
            This is OTAKUDOM-

Comment

Glad ya liked it. I'm always happy to convert folks to Luke fandom. hehe.

Now, if only David could set up that interview... That's probably doomed to fail, though... *sigh*

Comment

One guy that I set up for SG1 fiction but I've since taken into miscellaneous fics and back(ish) is:

Name: Rick Francis

DOB: 15th June 1980

Race: Tau'ri/Tok'ra

Home: London/SGC/Tok'ra homeworld for short period

History: A year after a seemingly one-off piece of amateur espionage Rick got caught up in an SG1 operation in London which led to his recruitment by the Tok'ra - who he eventually quit for personal reasons. Since then he's done a variety of mercenary work but will appear again on the story/show/piece of class known as Thunk!

Personality: Multilingual(not much use when travelling the galaxy) practical, instinctive with the smoothness of a conman and the attitude of a bulldozer(and a sometimes too hot temper). Rick's trust is sometimes hard to gain but he's pretty solid and protective after that.
                Last edited by Matt G; 05 August 2004, 10:28 AM.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Well, I just started writing fic, but the two stories I have so far (it's turning into a series, I think) involve an OC.

Her name is Sasha. Daniel meets her at the optometrist's office. They begin something of a relationship. (I'll get more into that in the next part.) She's in her late 20s. Long, dark, curly hair. Wears glasses. Currently studying astronomy at the University of Coloradu. She fits in quite well with our little group of intergalactic explorers.

The two fics she is in are archived here at Gateworld. They are Time for a Change and The Next Step. I would love more feedback if anyone wants to read them. They're short. About 8 pages in Word, so it shouldn't take too long.

Kerri

Comment

Oddly enough, the vast majority of my fanfiction is never written with an OC, however, lately, I've been using the same recurring character for my first series of fics. I've got the first two fics of the series up here on Gateworld.

Name: Jade Andros

DOB: Febuary 20, 1970

Race: Tau'uri

Home: SGC/ Washington, DC/ Any dig she's participating on

History: Jade is an Eastern Linguist and Anthropologist who for most of her life worked in Asia. She actually supported Dr. Jackson's theories that aliens had if not built the pyramids, they had affected Earth's development in many forms. When the SGC was officially made to be a full program, she was approached by the military to join SG-11, one of the two archeological teams of the SGC, and she accepted. She, like many who work in the SGC, has seen and heard much about the members of SG-1, however, she's never worked with them until now, when unique circumstances caused her to be needed to translate.

Personality: Jade is extremely curious, but seems to be a fatalist in many senses of the word. On missions, she was always the person saying "Can't," however, she was also quite smart. She is book smart - she knows her stuff, but, sometimes common sense is lacking when it comes to social situations. She has always had a difficult time of making friends, especially forming relationships with the opposite sex, with the exception of John Sheppard, with whom she's been friends with since high school. Jade always thinks that she's never good enough or that she's doing something wrong, which seems to always get in the way of something she's trying to do. So, when she finally gets a chance to work with the local celebrity AKA Daniel Jackson, she finds herself being friendly but constantly thinking he doesn't want her around.

Wow... that's a lot more about her than I even realized I had written about her. Questions? Comments?

Any takers on my fics?
                    Urgo: *Wff!*
                    Daniel: Woof?

Daniel: *muffled* Dis ith da beth pae I'b ever had!

Jack: And Daniel said he wanted you to go with us to make sure this works?
                    Daniel: I didn't say that.
                    Nick: Yes!
                    Jack: Okay!
                    Daniel: Nick! You're taking advantage of me!

Weir: That's the bright side?
                    Daniel: More of a slightly less dark side...

Comment

I think they both sound good and pretty un-Mary Sueish. Thank heaven for that. If I was partial to Daniel fics, I'd jump them instantly. But I'm hooked on SGA fics at the moment (especially when the author doesn't try to murder McKay. That's irritating as sin. -.-').

~Lucia
                      This is OTAKUDOM-

Comment

Originally posted by Lucia Tanaka
                        But I'm hooked on SGA fics at the moment (especially when the author doesn't try to murder McKay. That's irritating as sin. -.-').
                        WTF??!! B***ards!! Kill McKay?? He's the best thing about the show, dammit! That's just sad. It's sad. It's like the Jonas deathfics all over again. Jeez... I may have to write a McKay fic just in retaliation. *sigh* As if I didn't have enough to do already... *grumbles*

Comment

Hey, you write a McKay fic and I would GLADLY read it!

And I don't think anyone would really kill McKay just because he's the only REAL true blue smart-ass. Sheppard's the ladies' man, but McKay's the cynical smart-ass.

Comment

Oh, yeah, by the way, I've got Chaos Theory and Catalyst - the two fics with Jade Andros in them, I've announced them in a post and I've got links up to them. So, if it strikes your fancy, go for it. Just letting you know it's out there.

Comment

I actually have alot of OC's i have a thing about Daniel getting into relationships... anyway this is my favorite one from my one posted fanfic about SG-1

Name: Sharon O'Niell

Race: Human(tecnically)

Background info: Born in an alternate universe Sharon is much like her father Jack O'Niell, sarcastic to a point always with a comeback on her lips. She goes through the quantum Mirror to ask assistance from the SGC. Her father is Tokra not Jacob, and her Daniel was a Danielle, her best friend now dead. Volenteered for an Asghard experiement, when she thought her father was going to die of Cancer,which caused her to become more advanced with the healing abilities of the Gou'ld, and the abilities to glimpse the future in dreams, she can also sense Gou'ld like Sam can.

Appearance: Fairly tall and Wiry in frame oddly echoing Jack in stance as she walked, dark brown eyes that turned almost black when angry, her pale features hint at mischief with the briefest of smiles, long reddish hair always pulled back in a braid falls to her waist, Usually found in simple not obviously civilian clothing, only jewelry is a locket with the symbol of earth carved into the face of it.
                              -you know your crazy right?
                              -...yes
                              -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

Working...
                              X