This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database server Maintenance

We will be performing database server maintenance on the 6th of July between 3 and 5pm AU WST time (GMT +0800), or between 3am and 5am US EST (-0800?).

I think those time conversions are right.

Anyway, during the 2 hour outage above, we will be performing maintenance to our SQL server to allow for remote replication of the Gateworld databases for our new backup system. This will remove the current 5-10 minute per day downtime that is currently required to backup the SQL databases.

thanks for the heads up
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Y'know, Greg, my math really sucks. What time does 4AM GMT +1000 equal?

Since the forum is now up, it's obviously working again, but that still doesn't account for the +1000 hours... Glitch? Joke? Typo?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
        ...or between 3am and 5am US EST (-0800?).
        thank god, it won't effect me. I'll be asleep at that time.
        sigpic

Comment

well, the entire US contingent should be unconscious due to recent 4th July experiences (parties, fireworks in places they shouldn't be, recovering from being forced into "family" time... ).
          erm, never have figured the conversion from Aussie time to Kiwi time...

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
            well, the entire US contingent should be unconscious due to recent 4th July experiences (parties, fireworks in places they shouldn't be, recovering from being forced into "family" time... ).
            erm, never have figured the conversion from Aussie time to Kiwi time...
            so what are you trying to say

Comment

We had to move forward this change to today. It has now been completed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Y'know, Greg, my math really sucks. What time does 4AM GMT +1000 equal?

Since the forum is now up, it's obviously working again, but that still doesn't account for the +1000 hours... Glitch? Joke? Typo?
                I couldn't figure that out until after the outage ended. I, too, had thought it meant "for 10 hours". Correct translation:

Estimated Time of Return

0400 GMT (sic) +1000 = 2000 UTC = 2100 WEST = 1600 EDT = 1300 PDT

OR

4 am Perth = 8 pm UTC = 9 pm London = 4 pm Washington DC = 1 pm Vancouver BC
                -

Comment

Ahhh, so it was only plus TEN hours?? I was thinking it was plus a THOUSAND hours. Could've figured out ten. Would have had issues with a thousand.

Guess I don't look at the time conversion doohickeys enough. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X