This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo

Sigh...I bought Series 2, Volume 1 from Amazon UK (i'm in the USA) and popped it into my DVD player VERY excited...because I know I can play DVD's from asia and othe countries no problem....but then...I discovered the aweful truth....I can't play ones from the UK.

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Now I have my DVD sitting there...wanting to be played on my big screen..but it can't. And I SWEAR I unlocked the regional codes. grrrr
    It feels good to be alive.
    Cause i've been dead for so long.

How many times have you playe foreign DVDs on your comp? You should be able to do that 3-5 times (I think) before it'll lock up on you.

Or you could send it to me. I have a region free player...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      How many times have you playe foreign DVDs on your comp? You should be able to do that 3-5 times (I think) before it'll lock up on you.

Or you could send it to me. I have a region free player...

Oh! Better yet. You could send me YOUR region free player!

<grin>

Oh and i've never played a foreign dvd on my Comp. Hmm...I really need to find a super easy to use program that transfers the audio and video to a DVD-r...my dvd player on my Tv WILL play that.

Comment

Region 1 plays on my laptop, with a cable it plays on my tv .

Region 2 is for the normal dvd player.
        Thats how i do it
        .:Humanity's Children Are Returning Home:.

Comment

In the net you can find some codes to unlock several dvd players. Search with you dvd's brand and model.

Good luck!
          SHEPPARD: It was on the mensa test
          MCKAY: You’re a member of mensa?
          SHEPPARD: No I took the test. *grins*
          MCKAY: *disbelieving* When?
          SHEPPARD: You wanna talk about this now rodney?
          Italian Guide to SG1 ad SGA

Comment

I got my region free player on Amazon for about $50. Then you don't have to worry about getting cracks or playing things on your comp or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I got my region free player on Amazon for about $50. Then you don't have to worry about getting cracks or playing things on your comp or whatever.
              It's not a crack, every dvd player is potentially free region, they just set them with the code of your region, it exists the unlocking sequence code and it is what they use for the process.
              SHEPPARD: It was on the mensa test
              MCKAY: You’re a member of mensa?
              SHEPPARD: No I took the test. *grins*
              MCKAY: *disbelieving* When?
              SHEPPARD: You wanna talk about this now rodney?
              Italian Guide to SG1 ad SGA

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                Sigh...I bought Series 2, Volume 1 from Amazon UK (i'm in the USA) and popped it into my DVD player VERY excited...because I know I can play DVD's from asia and othe countries no problem....but then...I discovered the aweful truth....I can't play ones from the UK.

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Now I have my DVD sitting there...wanting to be played on my big screen..but it can't. And I SWEAR I unlocked the regional codes. grrrr
                Most DVD players have a code you can enter to unlock them. I did that to mine and now it is region free. On my computer I had to install software to make my DVD player on that region free. I am not sure how legal this is but a quick google will get you the info you need. Oh be aware you have to have Administrator rights to your comp to install the software.

Comment

Also be aware that DVD publishers are constantly investigating new technology to defeat region code hacks.

What works on today's releases may not work on future releases.

Setting the region to 0 might not always work.

Worst Case...
                  Unless you have a dedicate player set aside, you may have to manually reprogram the player to switch between the specific regions.

As previously mentioned, computer DVD drives have a maximum number of region code resets.
                  Last edited by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime; 23 June 2006, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                    I know I can play DVD's from asia and othe countries no problem....but then...I discovered the aweful truth....I can't play ones from the UK.
                    Just a thought, but... the assumption here seems to be that it's a region problem. Are you sure it's not a NTSC vs PAL problem? Europe has PAL, North America has NTSC. I know Japan has NTSC, as well, so maybe those Asian discs you have are all NTSC, too. In which case it won't make any difference whatsoever if you have the region codes unlocked; you'll need a DVD player *and* a TV system that can handle both systems. In Europe that's pretty common; it's not in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
                      Just a thought, but... the assumption here seems to be that it's a region problem. Are you sure it's not a NTSC vs PAL problem? Europe has PAL, North America has NTSC. I know Japan has NTSC, as well, so maybe those Asian discs you have are all NTSC, too. In which case it won't make any difference whatsoever if you have the region codes unlocked; you'll need a DVD player *and* a TV system that can handle both systems. In Europe that's pretty common; it's not in the US.
                      Usually it will say it is the region that is the problem, well on my DVD player it did, and also Pal is used here in Australia but if you play NTSC it just goes to a b&w picture but you can still see it, not sure what happens if it is the other way around (NTSC to Pal). Although I guess a really *really* old TV would not handle Pal/NTSC conversion.

Comment

Videolan media player bypasses the region lock on dvds and lets you watch them on your pc.

Comment

or if you have 2 DVD-ROm on you computer, like I do, I use one for Region 1 and the other for R2
                          Beckett: How come I never make friends like that ?
                          McKay: You need to get out more.
                          Beckett: We're in another galaxy, how much out do you get ?
                          - Atlantis: "The Rising"

Comment

Wow...watched the first two episodes of Series 28...soooo good. better than the last series.
                            I'm selling the Volume 1 dvd if anyone wants it. But anyway, man..I love the new Doctor. Not more than the last one...just DIFFERENTLY (no! not in that way!)

Comment

Originally posted by MrBright
                              or if you have 2 DVD-ROm on you computer, like I do, I use one for Region 1 and the other for R2
                              It's also my solution and I'm very happy with it. Thinking also about adding the third one to play region 4 (Australia) DVDs, as they've started releasing TV series which I like very much on DVDs now.
                              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                              X