PDA

View Full Version : Preemptive Strike (223)

Alex Rubit
June 21st, 2006, 09:19 PM
Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
"Preemptive Strike"

"Preemptive Strike"
Ep: 2.23
Release Date: June 22nd, 2006
Written by Alex Rubit

When an old friend approaches Callen and Grant with some disturbing news regarding the Enoly and their most devastating attack to date, Horizon-1 embarks on a dangerous mission with an unimaginable amount of lives at stake.

Alex Rubit
June 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM
Less than 24 hours until the finale begins. The thread is now open for discussion or last minute speculations. ;)

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 22nd, 2006, 11:46 AM
Hey I was right this was a cool episode. It kinda felt like Star trek enterprise's Season 3 Episode Countdown and Zero Hour. Hope Next week's episode will be awesome.

SG-25CSAR
June 22nd, 2006, 05:18 PM
It reminds me of star wars.
*Cough*DEATH STAR*Cough*

I liked it and the end is quite, uhh...suspensefull.
Just one thing, I was expecting for someone to make a comment about the Deathstar. Allusions are nothing new on stargate.

Is tealc gona make a apearance on the next epasode?
What about some of the other Famuos SG people?
Are you going to blow off my questions as many wirters love to do?
Will I ever get to watch my favorite Epasode of...wiat, thats off topic a little.:mckay:

Elitenova
June 22nd, 2006, 05:31 PM
Speachless I tell ya, Speachless.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
June 22nd, 2006, 06:06 PM
so much for having that enoly cruiser for more than 3 episodes heh. I was going to ask Alex if he could name the "phoenix" because according to some mythology the phoenix would rise up from ashes after it died.

Alex Rubit
June 22nd, 2006, 06:10 PM
It reminds me of star wars.
*Cough*DEATH STAR*Cough*

I liked it and the end is quite, uhh...suspensefull.
Just one thing, I was expecting for someone to make a comment about the Deathstar. Allusions are nothing new on stargate.

I'm glad you liked it. We were going for suspensefull.

It's true. A comment like that might have fit in well. However, in this case it wasn't the first time that the team had seen the biosphere.

Is tealc gona make a apearance on the next epasode?

Teal'c won't be in the next episode. However, we'd love for him to make an appearance at a later time.

What about some of the other Famuos SG people?

With regard to the next episode, same as above. ;)

The challenge is always continuity actually. Otherwise we would have most likely already seen more guest appearances of characters from either SG-1 or Atlantis. But it's still something we'd like to do, and perhaps in Season Three we'll be getting that crossover idea that we had thought about earlier in Season Two off the ground.

Are you going to blow off my questions as many wirters love to do?

Maybe. :cameron:

Will I ever get to watch my favorite Epasode of...wiat, thats off topic a little.:mckay:

Off topic or not... I hope you'll get to watch your favorite episode soon.

Alex Rubit
June 22nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
so much for having that enoly cruiser for more than 3 episodes heh. I was going to ask Alex if he could name the "phoenix" because according to some mythology the phoenix would rise up from ashes after it died.

Yeah, that would have been a fitting name for it. Perhaps if we ever get our hands on another one... ;)

mentalmichael
June 22nd, 2006, 11:37 PM
It was a really good ep, but I'm really frustrated as I wanted to see Lenori! Would post a more detailed evaluation, but I gotta run.

Alex Rubit
June 24th, 2006, 06:19 AM
It's taken a while, but the episode has been added to the the site. (http://www.stargatehorizon.com) The temporary link has been taken down.

SierraGulf1
June 24th, 2006, 07:20 AM
I suppose it is reminiscent of the Death Star, but it certainly does turn the threat level up a notch. Horizon-1 is looking pretty screwed right now, and the end of season two is a matter of days away.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 24th, 2006, 07:39 AM
It was a cool episode. Very suspenseful. Would have made quite a few good CG images. Unfortunetly..for some reason Chris didn't feel right. Her roles are coming awefully repetative and she just feels redundent.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
June 24th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Wow, a great episode. An excellent set-up for the finale, my only regret is that we didn't get to see the Kih'Andari sooner. I can't wait!

OVERALL: ***

Alex Rubit
June 25th, 2006, 08:01 PM
It was a cool episode. Very suspenseful. Would have made quite a few good CG images. Unfortunetly..for some reason Chris didn't feel right. Her roles are coming awefully repetative and she just feels redundent.

Well, as I've said before, it's a huge cast. And that, unfortunately, means that sometimes there's not too much "interesting" things for a character to do in every episode. In the case of Christine, she just happens to be the one on the team who can translate things. So, every now and then she'll just do that. ;)

That said, we've just recently discussed a very interesting idea for an episode in which Christine and Sivea find themselves in a situation that's definitely not repetative. That ain't happened before. And to answer the question - yes, Season Three is already in pre-production. As a matter of fact, I just finished the outline for the season premiere a few days ago. Am now working on the one for 3.02.

Glad you liked the episode, by the way. Just wait for the CG images in "Revolution."

travis
June 28th, 2006, 06:09 AM
OMG awesome ep. what more can I say.
The cast is fantastic, cant wait to see this unfold. The ep is like a sci-fi opera
you can really feel the climax. For some reason I just keep thinking that the Kih'Andari are some how in league with the Enoly(just don't know why) but I'm probably wrong.

SirGrimlock
June 28th, 2006, 03:04 PM
This was a decent episode and I was glad to see the return of Sivok. One thing that bothered me throughout the episode was the lack of urgency. Sure, Horizon-1 only had 4 days until D-day, but the team didn't come off as being under pressure. The build up from the last few episodes toward an unavoidable war was great. But now that it's here, it just seems like another day for the team. The comment from Zach in the Teaser sums up the episode:

"Whatever. They'll handle it."

While reading the episode, I had a sense of deja-vou. It wasn't the similarities to the Death Star. There was something about the episode that seemed very familiar. I just can't put my finger on what though. I've been watching a lot of TNG & DS9 lately, maybe something from one of those episodes.

cheese
February 12th, 2007, 05:30 AM
A fantastic first-half of the season finale, bringing together the big arcs of the season very well. The only thing that slightly let the episode down was Zach, still not warming to him at all, I don't supposed there's a nasty death in store for him anytime soon? ;)

Sivok is always good to see and Drueg was a surprise, particularly as it seems that the Sentinels really are starting to get involved with events again (or is this all just a trick by Drueg to seize power himself?).

Plenty to look foward to with two massive storylines about to be blown wide open (perhaps literally in the case of the biosphere).

I'm off to read part two immediately!

Alchemist
February 19th, 2007, 05:09 AM
A fantastic first-half of the season finale, bringing together the big arcs of the season very well. The only thing that slightly let the episode down was Zach, still not warming to him at all, I don't supposed there's a nasty death in store for him anytime soon? ;)

Sivok is always good to see and Drueg was a surprise, particularly as it seems that the Sentinels really are starting to get involved with events again (or is this all just a trick by Drueg to seize power himself?).

Plenty to look foward to with two massive storylines about to be blown wide open (perhaps literally in the case of the biosphere).

I'm off to read part two immediately!

Zach gets better in S3, trust me. I was only starting to warm to him at this point but he becomes more likeable when you see more of him.

Then again, there are still people out there that can't stand him, so who knows.

Elite Anubis Guard
April 27th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Just been re-read this. Seemed very long and drawn out but was sure nice to see Sivok again. I love seeing Sivok and Grant together. They have a dynamic that I just love.

jelgate
December 19th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Jelgate's Two CentsAs we approach the season finale the episode just get better. My only compliant is that we didn't get to see any scenes with Lenori. I mean this episode featured Lonal but we never got to see her interrogating Lenori as her prisoner. It was nice to see the return of the Draque. We haven’t seen them in awhile. If there are two different kinds of Draque now, then why haven’t any hositilities with the Draque all season. I understand they are weakened but many Draque must have a hater ad against the Horizon group. Anyway, I was :) to see the return of Sivok and more :) to see the return of Dreug. If the Neublan weapon transferred the Enloy cruiser to the Sentinels/Neublan dimension, then were did the rest of the Enloy go. Anyway the beginning part of this episode was kind of slow but that really didn’t bother me consider what we are building up to. I loved Sivok’s act as impersonating an Enloy mediator. It was hilarious. Before I talk about the biosphere, I should mention the Kir’Adhari. There was obviously some tension between the Vorian president (name escapes me) and Callen. Launching a preemptive strike against them is goning to have some serious repercussions for the Vorian society. That civil war is looking more and more likely. Once the Horizon team and free Draque are in the biosphere, you seem to want to put the team in mortal peril. First you have the Horizon team (minus David) in the power room. That wouldn’t be so bad if the enemy wasn’t going heading to the power room. You must have really hated having an Enloy cruiser. The Horizon team only had for two episodes and wind getting the cruiser blown up. I wonder what has happened to the passengers of the Enloy cruiser. All this chaos makes the episode end in a “to be continued” manner. I was going to give this episode a 5/5 but no Lenori downgraded to a 4/5.