Firefly fan film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefly fan film

Okay, if i'm mistaken can't people start making Firefly fan films for non profit? I mean, FOX and Joss won't make a new series or film. So why don't people start producin' their own damn film?

And, if they followed the trailblazing that Star Trek: The New Voyagers did, they could include some of the real actors if they're willing.

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/800/episodes.php

I think people should explore it.

I mean think about it. Firefly would be a relatively easy fan film to make. The whole ship is pretty tiny compared to a ship like the Enterprise. One could build the whole set for real for relatively cheep. And all "planet" scenes are pretty much just rocks, dirt and shrubs. Like any other fan film.

I think its do-able. Hmm...maybe I should do it myself. Anyone interested in helping?

It wouldnt be the same without the old actors imo.
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

There's "Into the Black"
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I don't think we reall yneed Firefly fan films. I mean we got Serenity and it pretty much wrapped up all that needed to be said about Firefly. If anything I want a true sequel but I think Firefly is still pretty good the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          There's "Into the Black"
          Yes there is there was even a thread on it in here somewhere. I will find it and bump it to the top.
          http://www.alteranancients.com/
          http://www.stargateworldswiki.com/

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. (Adam Savage - Mythbusters.)

Comment

There are a few Firefly/Serenity fan films already.

There is "Mosquito" which is a parody of the show and is absolutely hilarious. It's basically a Behind-the-Scenes mockumentary.

Also there is the ever-so-brief "Waiting for Serenity."
            Bryan Patrick Stoyle

IMDB Page
            Breakdown Services Resume
            Facebook Page

Comment

Link?
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'd love to participate in the making of a firefly fanfilm. But it would have to be here in Montreal ... so unless there's people here willing I guess my cinematographic genius will go undiscovered
                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
                  I'd love to participate in the making of a firefly fanfilm.
                  Same here. That would be a dream come true.

Comment

Wow, now I'm really obsessing over the idea. What would you do for a Firefly fan film?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolKlingon
                      Wow, now I'm really obsessing over the idea. What would you do for a Firefly fan film?
                      The wake of our BDHs. Something about the people in Whitefall or Persephone or Paradiso or Jangyin or Beaumonde or any of the other planets that Serenity visited, after/during Serenity's visit and the crew's mid-adventures across the place. I reckon it could be interesting.

Or you could do something about the Browncoats. That'd be fun too.

Comment

So how does someone organize a thing like this? Maybe we can get a group of talented Browncoats together to work on a strory/script. Obviously we 'd have to work out some kind of structure between writers/director/actors and whatnot, but it's a good challenge.

It's a big undertaking and a definite longshot, but it's better than doing nothing.

Comment

Honestly, I think that this is an interesting idea- We all want to see a Serenity sequel or a new season of Firefly, and what better way to raise money than to create fan films? I'm sure we have many talented fans out there, and even more fans who would love to enjoy the completed product.

By the way, what's the legality surrounding this?

Comment

Working...
                          X