This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible problem in The Torment of Tantalus

I've watched this episode over and over and i noticed and we all that we all know that the DHD was damaged but before there made that discovery you see on 1-2 occasions that either jack or another member of SG-1 looking at the DHD but then there are shocked to find out it's damaged ....does anyone else find this weird or did i miss something:teal'c

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../1x115F164.jpg[
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I haven't watched the episode for quite some time now, but wasn't there a minor cavein at one point?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      I haven't watched the episode for quite some time now, but wasn't there a minor cavein at one point?
      ya but if memory serves me right it was the cave in that sent the dhd in the water

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
        The DHD was broken from the beginning, which is why Earnest couldn't even attempt to dial home. Maybe from the angle Jack first saw the DHD from, he couldn't see the shattered red crystal? The lighting isn't was pretty dark too.
        SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

I always attributed it to just bad lighting and the wrong position. Jack probably was that bit of red that he just "needed to see" and assumed all was right with the world(s?).
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I thought the DVD wasn't initially damaged when Ernest got there. He just didn't know what to do to get back. Then it got damaged by falling masonry later, then it fell into the sea, whoops!
            sigpic
            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I think he said it was like that when he arrived.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                I thought the DVD wasn't initially damaged when Ernest got there. He just didn't know what to do to get back. Then it got damaged by falling masonry later, then it fell into the sea, whoops!
                DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                  I think he said it was like that when he arrived.
                  yes he said that it was damaged when he arrived

Comment

The DHD was facing towards the gate. They didn't see it was broken till they tried to go home.

Comment

I've always wondered why no one bothered to develop a smaller, more mobile form of a MALP, one that could negotiate stairs or debris of various sorts. Had the MALP been able to go up the stairs, they could have made a direct observation of the DHD.

Granted, at the time of airing I don't think robotics had progressed to the point where such a device would have been feasible... but in the Stargate universe we've certainly learned enough in the intervening time to come up with something!
                      "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
                      -----

Comment

Don't fix what isn't broken? For right now the MALPs still do their jobs, and a more advanced alien version of the MALP would be kind of expensive, and it would most likely still take a while.

Comment

I disagree we definitely need a new more mobile M.A.L.P.. The gou'ald use a device the size of a baseball. The only time we should use a map is if we need to transfer goods and in that case it can pull the little trailer thing through.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X