This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Discussion

I can't wait for Oblivion, I have Morriwind GOTY, and i just love it, and i am going to download Arena from elderscrolls.com!

How do others feel about The Elder Scrolls Series?

I thought Morrowind was too much of the same. All the cities and stuff looked similar and it wasn't varied enough. Plus I prefer RPGs that focus more on the main storylines and sub-quests relating to this storyline as opposed to completely random quests with nothing to do with the main story.

Comment

I like it's the way all the side quest are set up, it gives you so many options for playing the game, but i can see how you don't like it

Comment

I can see how you would like it. I like having the option to do lots of extra stuff, but I prefer staying focused on the main storyline. That Oblivian magazine cover at the Elder Scrolls website looks okay. One thing that would be cool is talking for every character. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic had that, but it came on like four or five CDs.

Comment

Yeah, talking for every character would be great, i think KOTOR did that well, and it was a great game, i am planning on also buying KOTOR II when it comes out

Comment

Yeah, that's my most anticipated game at the moment. LucasArts announced today that the X-Box version in the U.S. will be released in December, 2004 and the PC and International X-Box versions will be released in February.

Comment

Yeah, i'm really anticipating it to, on those lines, what side were you in KOTOR, and what side will you be in KOTOR II

Comment

Another Game i am waiting for the SG-1 game which i belive is coming out Fall 05

Comment

We don't really know anything about that game, though. I play as a Light Side character (Scout, Jedi Guardian). Once I play it through once, I always play it through in the exact same way.

Comment

Wow, there's already an Oblivion thread!!! I guess it just got burried (good thing I didn't start a new one).

Well, I'm not a veteran to the Elder Scroll (TES) series, but I got hooked with a Morrowind, that I borrowed from a friend. Normally, I don't like most RPGs, but this was different. I think one of the interesting things about MW was that it was so epic in size as well as openness. You could do whatever you want. you could decide to "beat the game" by playing through the main quest, or you could decide to ignore it completely. It was a true role playing experience, you played a character that you created in the way that you wanted to, with no constraints. Of course your actions had consequence and you would be "restriced" in that sense, but you could decide whether or not to deal with those consequences.

I agree with DC on how the game might not "drive" you towards a main quest/goal. Although that was the point, the devs acknowledge that it drove away as many sales as it created. As such, their trying to do fix that in Oblivion, still keep the openness but also provide a storyline and setup that draws you in and keeps you playing. A lot of MW was traveling and you couldn't always take a quick form of transport, so it can get real boring, real quick for those who don't like that. I think that's one thing the devs re working on.

I'm especially looking forward to the Radiant AI. NPCs being able to talk not just to you, but eachother, and interact with you, other NPCs anf their envrionement. They'll get hungry and go get food by either hunting, buying, or stealing it! Then they could get caught or get into trouble and they'll move around the town instead of being stuck in one spot or area. I think this will be an exciting feature and I can't wait!!!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't even realize there was an oblivion thread! I'm a huge fan of morrowind and i own both the GotY and the regular morrowind for Xbox. I love the screenshots of oblivion at the official site, and they just make my jaw drop every time i look at them. They're just so lifelike. Is there that much info on a release date? Because all i know is that it wil be out for 'next generation consoles', which means it will be at least another year.

This and Stargate: The alliance are the only two games I am interested in for the future.
                      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Ditto on this and SG: Alliance being the only two games I'm looking forward to.

As far as a release date goes, no there is not mantion of one and Bethesda nor the devs are even going to tell us untill they have a good idea of when the game will be ready. As it looks, most people are guessing late 2005 or early 2006. It is hinted at being availlable on the next XBox (I think it's called XBox 360), but when that comes out is also not very definitive. I think Microsoft isn't 100% sure of a release date for that system.

As far as SG: A goes, I think that game will be out on the current XBox and therefore much earlier than Oblivion.

Comment

Oh yeah, this game is shaping up to be pretty sweet Morrowind and the two expansions were some of the best RPG games I've played, and from what I've read about Oblivion it's going to improve on that formula
                          The screenshots I've seen for it so far look very impressive - can't wait for it!

Oblivion (if it gets released this year), SG:Alliance and Battlefield 2 - should be a great year for gaming 8)

Comment

Who's got it, who's getting it- everything Oblivion, bring it to this thread.

I'm going to try and get a 360 tomorrow, I've heard the PC is having quite a few buggy issues, but that's to be expected until they patch that up-

Comment

I have the collector's edition for my 360. The game is awesome, very addicting. MS had finally picked up the pace with the 360 production so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X