This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irc?

Sorry people, I know I am probably going to be rightfully yelled at here, but I couldn't find it in search.

Is there a chat IRC or Java associated wiith this forum? I chat on another Stargate site, and I was hoping to find one here too. Thanks.

*covers head ands waits to be jumped on*

Last I saw, I dun think there is a irc chatroom for gateworld...

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
      Last I saw, I dun think there is a irc chatroom for gateworld...
      Accually no, they don't have one.
      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I guess "dun" in this case means "don't".

Comment

Originally posted by System Lord Apollo
          Sorry people, I know I am probably going to be rightfully yelled at here, but I couldn't find it in search.

Is there a chat IRC or Java associated wiith this forum? I chat on another Stargate site, and I was hoping to find one here too. Thanks.

*covers head ands waits to be jumped on*
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=903
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Until we can provide some sort of fairly moderated, 24/7 moderated friendly chatroom that isnt a target for large DDoS's, i cant see it happening.

ISP's / SP's frown on IRC and IRC traffic in general.

Comment

Which is why you operate on a public server and not a private one; there are numerous servers (including mine as mentioned above) which would be more than happy with gateworld onboard.

Comment

However, we do not have control or any stake over a public network, and we also do not want to draw attention to other networks.

I've been apart of many IRC networks over the past 5 years, and let me say that receiving 18Gbps of DDoS from a spoofed IP's in 4byte packets is not fun. Stay away from the kiddies

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. Sorry that I missed that poll.

Comment

Working...
                  X