This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Investigation

Ok, as some of you know, I recently found a film reel with a lost Doctor Who episode on it a few months back. I sent it into the address I was sent by the restoration team. That was ages ago. Should I get the police involved because Ive got a bad feeling it may have ended up at someone elses house?
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Or maybe you could get in contact with the people and see if they've sent it off first? And then go about as finding out if they can get it back....
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I would try to contact them frist
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Yeah. See if it got there first and all that. Hopefully it's not lost in the mail or something. Good luck! I really hope it turns up soon.
        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Yes keep us posted
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Rowana
            Yeah. See if it got there first and all that. Hopefully it's not lost in the mail or something. Good luck! I really hope it turns up soon.
            Coming into this conversation cold hopefully Billz would have been sensible enough to send it recorded/special delivery in which case there will be a record if anyone accepted delivery of it. If you didn't send something like that recorded/special, why the heck didn't you?

I would have put a return address on it as well, even though that isn't fool proof it's an added backup.
            sigpic

Comment

Ya dude, did you send it registered, and insured???
              My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
              Build a Dalek
              Build a TARDIS
              Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
              The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Of course I did!

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

If it has a tracking number, track it. Call the company you sent it to and find out what happened. If they say they don't have it, call whoever you shipped it through and have them put a trace on it. If they can't find it, put in for a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    If it has a tracking number, track it. Call the company you sent it to and find out what happened. If they say they don't have it, call whoever you shipped it through and have them put a trace on it. If they can't find it, put in for a claim.

Totally!!

This is why they have insurance and tracking ability. Good to see that you did this...

BTW -- I didn't hear the whole story, what episode did you find and how did you get it??

Build a Dalek
                    Build a TARDIS
                    Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                    The Police Box Website

Comment

It was one of the 'Bartholemews Eve' episodes. Just one though. (Sorry if the spelling isnt right but Im in a rush at the moment.

Comment

So did running the tracking number help at all??

Build a Dalek
                        Build a TARDIS
                        The Police Box Website

Comment

They said they had delivered it. Im still worried though. The BBC would've posted a news report on their website if it had really had got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
                            They said they had delivered it. Im still worried though. The BBC would've posted a news report on their website if it had really had got there.

Ok, so what did the recipiants of the package say?? Did they say thy got it???

Build a Dalek
                            Build a TARDIS
                            The Police Box Website

Comment

Originally posted by Darkseid
                              Ok, so what did the recipiants of the package say?? Did they say thy got it???
                              I didnt speak to them. I only spoke to Royal Mail. I sent it using that. I will have to contact the restoration team.

Comment

Working...
                              X