This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti Season 2 Thread

Now, I'm very surprised that there isn't one of these already, but I searched the forum, and I couldn't fine one.

The bottom line is that SGA season 2 SUCKED. I hated almost every episode from Trinity on. The Tower, Epipathy, The Long Goodbye, and Michael were especially stupid episodes that were poorly written and had bad acting. The characters weren't in character for like the entire season, especially Col. Sheppard.

This thread is for anti season 2 discussion only. If you disagree, post/start the pro season 2 thread.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

I did not like several epislodes. Many of the ones you mentioned. The Kirking of Shepard is ridiculous as is the dumbing down of the entire atlantis expedition. There is no excuse for many of the actions they took other the "plot device". Speaking of "plot device" the biggest one I have seen in a long time is the Ford superhero magic and unexplained escape in the HIVE. Of course that ep wasnt helped with the slave girl working for the Wraith. Wraith are almost out of food, unless they are forcibly breeding a human they have no reason to keep them as slaves. Just more kirking for shep I guess.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I'm not really anti-s2 so much as let down by the season. I thought s1 was a decent introduction of the characters, the enemy, and the city and I was really excited about s2. However, I don't feel like season 2 really moved things forward. Character development was minimal, the city was ignored, and the season finale put us in pretty much the same boat as the finale of s1. I thought that the only character that really moved forward was Teyla, while everyone else either stayed the same or, worse, downgraded. *Pictures Best Week Ever - 'Downgrade!' hee hee hee* I wanted to learn more about all of these characters, the galaxy, and the city, but I felt like the season fell short and I was disappointed.

Episode-wise, I thought there were a few great episodes (Siege 3, Duet, Coup, Trinity), a lot of episodes that could have been great but stumbled (Hive, Long Goodbye, Epiphany, Michael, Allies), some average eps (Aurora, Condemned, Instinct) and a real stinker (Tower, like you had to guess ).

Last Goodbye, Michael, and Allies were especially frustrating because the stories were really interesting but the progression of the plot depended on the foolish decisions of the team. I swear the team must have had a group lobotomy in those eps - they all thought that
      Spoiler:
      having Shep get possessed by an unknown being/letting Michael on Atlantis/thinking the Wraith computer info was safe
      were reasonable decisions. If I automatically thought that those were dumb decisions, what was their excuse? I don't expect the characters to be perfect, but I do expect them to have more common sense than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
        Episode-wise, I thought there were a few great episodes (Siege 3, Duet, Coup, Trinity), a lot of episodes that could have been great but stumbled (Hive, Long Goodbye, Epiphany, Michael, Allies), some average eps (Aurora, Condemned, Instinct) and a real stinker (Tower, like you had to guess ).
        I agree with your analyse of the episodes.

I also really liked season 1, and had high hopes for season 2. Unfortunately, these were not realized.

Comment

I pretty much agree with your analysis of the episodes. They've varied from brilliant to ****e basically and you're always going to have weak points in a season.

What disappointed and worried me was the finale. There wasn't the threat that there was at the end of S1. You know earth isn't going to be wiped out. At the end of S1 there was a believable threat, they could have trashed up Atlantis a bit, you know they weren't going to destroy it but there felt like there was a threat. S2 didn't have that, that's a concern as it was The Storm episodes and Allies that went - look what we can do!

I just hope they pick up on the strengths of S2 and run with them. It'll be S3 that tells.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Originally posted by silverdamascus
            I just hope they pick up on the strengths of S2 and run with them. It'll be S3 that tells.
            Strengths of season 2? lol, I have troble think of any of them.

Season 3 better be good I Atlantis will probably end.

Comment

Where are peoples sense of adventure? I don't know how someone could watch science fiction without it.
              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
              Individuality is freedom lived.
              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Does anyone else have a problem with Sheppard's huge character change and all his Kirting?

Comment

Kirking? Oh, yes. Big dislike. If they dare try pairing him up with a main character after that i'm going to have big problems. Especially if they go for Wier.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

I dont have a problem with the way the season went. And i'll probably get told off for putting this here as its not anti - but meh.

Don't forget, Atlantis isnt AG1 reincarnated, the writers need to establish and learn how to write these characters and such in a completly different enviroment. Atlantis is still mostly secluded and has a vast array of change compared to SG1 which is back up straight away.

As for Shepps kirking, how many people are you COMPLETLY sure he slept with?
                    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I don't want to restart the kirking vs. not kirking debate, but I do think that the focus on "Babe Magnet" Shep and having him constantly be the flirtor or flirtee was detrimental to his character. Epiphany was rumored to have some sorely needed backstory for Shep, but it was apparently pushed aside to have yet another woman throw herself at him.

Now it appears that his backstory will be featured in early s3, but is it too little too late? And this goes for not just Shep, but all the underdeveloped characters as well.

Comment

I don't want to restart the kirking vs. not kirking debate, but I do think that the focus on "Babe Magnet" Shep and having him constantly be the flirtor or flirtee was detrimental to his character. Epiphany was rumored to have some sorely needed backstory for Shep, but it was apparently pushed aside to have yet another woman throw herself at him.

Now it appears that his backstory will be featured in early s3, but is it too little too late? And this goes for not just Shep, but all the underdeveloped characters as well.
                        That's a very good point, I didn't think of it in that way but I do agree. I never thought they might try to add to him, SG1 was never that big on development, I'd like them to try develop it more.

As for S2 as a whole I liked the Arc. I hope no one on the anti thread is averse to a little friendly debate about it.

Comment

I liked a couple of the episodes, but I started this thread because I HATED others.

Comment

Some of the episodes were worth hating. The Tower was cringeworthy.

Comment

I have always disliked Atlantis more then SG-1... it has redeeming values, good stories, but I never liked the Wraith weapons, the Wraith "cannon fodder" and when I see them I can't even see them beating Jaffa. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Wraith, but I don't like the implementation of their so called "empire."

That being said, the same way I like season 9 of SG-1, I like Atlantis. I have problems with Atlantis, but not enough to make me outright hate it or be anti- toward it.

It's still Stargate

Now, that being said... make the Wraith soldiers look cooler!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X