This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me...

... or are the opinions of season 9 slowly changing like I predicted? As season 9 was airing, I heard a lot of complains on these forums about how horrible it was (just like I had heard with seasons 6, 7, 8 that proceeded it), and just like seasons 6, 7, 8, now that season 9 is over, it seems more and more people are coming out of the woodwork and saying "You know, season 9 was awesome!" I was pretty surprised to check one thread that was dealing with "Your favorite season" and while there were a few who basically said "I loved seasons 1-8 equally, season 9 sucks and is a different show!" I also saw many that said either "Season 9 was the best!" or "I liked all the seasons, including 9!"

Anyway, I find it interesting, and I believe that as time passes you will continue to see more and more people who liked season 9 - especially after the DVD's come out.

Now it's time for the Season 10 hating to begin *grin*

Rather depends if these people are the same people who said it sucked in the first place.

I thought it sucked, and my opinion hasn't changed.

Comment

i haven't met anyone who's opinion of season 9 changed after it stopped airing. different people, probably. or rather, the same pros. now you're seeing the "season's over, lets make threads dedicated to all of them" from the pros, while the antis have no reason to make new threads. least that's my thought.
      sigpic
      "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
      Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
        Rather depends if these people are the same people who said it sucked in the first place.

DITTO. and as PR said -- there's nothing left to say.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
          DITTO. and as PR said -- there's nothing left to say.

I'll carry the motion after Smuf, PR and bink. It sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
            I'll carry the motion after Smuf, PR and bink. It sucked.
            I am also with that group who didn't liked it... and well at first I thougt it was going to be good but after seeing it it wasn't and well now I still think that... so no I didn't change my mind

Comment

I actually went into S9 hoping it would be good, but was sadly disappointed. To me it changed from being lousy to abysmally unbelievable
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Actually, I think my dislike of the season is growing. While I don't hate it, I've not gone back and watched too much of it since it ended. Here's hoping season 10 will be better!

Comment

My opinion changed, I liked it at first....

No, theres not many people who will change their minds, just more people joining the forum saying they liked it, wheras the people who didnt just keep quiet because its done now and they want to just move on.
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Fair enough

Seriously though, I'm so happy that I love season 9. I can see how I'd be disenhearted with Stargate if I hated the entire last couple of seasons progressively more... but I just love the show, period.

Comment

Originally posted by smurf

I totally agree with you.
                      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

I went into S9 very positive and still pimping out my favorite show to all the people I know. I excused the first couple of eps saying they were just getting their barings and that Vala isnt so bad in context as a minor recurring character.

The more I watched the more negative I became, to the point that people actually think I never ever posted positive comments. No, in fact, I rarely ever posted negative comments until this year (certain eps like Gemini did bring out negativity but it was tempered). Now I have gone from Love, to like, to disappointed, to dislike, to outright hate. There is nothing to like about this show IMHO. It is a complete insult to the previous 8 years. If they had just renamed the show, then that would have been fine. I could have tried the new show, decided I didnt like it and moved on. Instead they make a mockery of my favorite show and make me have to qualify everything to people.

People see my screen saver or hear one of my billion stargate quotes or I mention stargate and they say 'so you like SG-1' and lest they get the impression I actually like the crp in S9 I have to qualify my answer and say "I liked Seasons 1 - 8, but the show pretty much ended in 8 and the current season stinks (except I dont use stinks usually)".. Its like TPTB are taking a knife and twisting it in my gut. (not to be over dramatic or anything ).

As for people I know that watch the show. Those who dislike it like me, disliked it more and more as the season went on. Those who were luke warm stayed luke warm (though I think I see cracks to the dislike side in some of them, but I may just be projecting). Those who like it outright... hmmm, dont think I really know any of them. In RL everyone I talk to says it isnt as good as it used to be. But I guess if anyone did like it, they remain liking it as much as they did before.

So, no, the only change in opinion I see is people likeing it less and less. But I am sure you know different people.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Frankly, I don't really care if people liked or hated it. It would be nice if everyone had loved it, but that's just not the way things go in life. All that matters to me, is that I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't see any drop-off in quality in Season 9 from any of the previous seasons. In fact, it is among my favorite seasons actually. Also, I can't wait for Season 10. I just hope those who didn't enjoy Season 9 will at least give Season 10 a chance. If they still don't like it, that's what the remote is for, I guess.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I had sort of mixed feelings about season 9. The plotlines were decent, the CGI/Set mixes were amazing, but there was far too much kirking.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

I didn't like early S9 upon it's first viewing... I found it lacking and evoking none of the emotions I felt in prior seasons. I didn't think the Goa'uld/Replicator combined plots could have been defeated. That's 8 years of history.

The only episode I originally found worthy of Stargate during the first half was Prototype. However, when the second half of S9 had aired, I was hooked again. They had a real motive: Find the Sangraal, stop the Ori from building a Supergate in our galaxy, stop the Rand Protectrate and Caledonian Federation from destroying eachother (as much as I hated Icon, I loved Ethon so I like both pretty much equally).

So all in all, I have had a complete turn around from when I first started watching S9... given I read spoilers... S10 is looking to be much better than S9 in nearly every regard except for the Dragon in The Quest... slightly sketchy about that one, but all in all... I love Stargate as good as I did before.

Mattathias

Comment

Working...
                              X