X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billie Piper and season 29

Billie Piper to leave Doctor Who

Actress Billie Piper is to leave Doctor Who at the end of the current series, the BBC has confirmed.

But the corporation refused to comment on reports that her character, Rose Tyler, would die in the final episode.

"It has been an amazing adventure and I can confirm it comes to an end, for now at least, as series two climaxes," the former pop star said.

Writer Russell T Davies said the Doctor Who team had created "a stunning exit" for Piper's character.

"The Doctor Who team have had a whole year to plan this final scene," he said.

"We will miss Billie and wish her all the success in the world for her future."

Piper, 23, is currently filming a BBC adaptation of Philip Pullman's Victorian thriller The Ruby in the Smoke.

"Rose and I have gone on the most incredible journey over the past two years," she said.

"I am truly indebted to Russell and to all the Doctor Who fans old and new who have been so supportive."

Speculation has been mounting over Rose's future on the programme, although the BBC had previously scotched reports predicting her departure.

The series two finale, entitled Doomsday, sees Rose and the Doctor, played by David Tennant, caught up in an invasion that threatens to destroy modern-day Earth.

Dave Bradley, editor of SFX Magazine, told the BBC News website there had been "a lot of rumours" regarding Piper's exit.

But he said that even if Rose did meet a sticky end, the door would still be open for her to return.

"No-one ever stays dead in science-fiction," he said.

A shame, but thats the Whoniverse for you, no one ever sticks around for long, keeps the show fresh. If she dies, it'll hit the Doctor hard, harder than Adric, which will lead to spectacular character moments and interactions between the Doctor and his new companion, so as bad as it sounds, I hope Rose does die, it would be good for the show.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I will be a big shame when Billie leaves, she has grown into the role over the two years.

It would be interesting if she does die, considering what the devil said in last Saturdays episode about the girl far from home will die.

Comment

die in battle as well.
        its a shame if she is to meet a sticky end, the doctor might take a while to get over her (not talking shippy loveness, i meen just companionship, she will be hard to replace)
        Hola

Hello

Comment

I do have one thoery which is absouloutley crazy and most probably not happen. Rose dies but her essence becomes one with the TARDIS with Rose becoming a sort of hologram and in that way she wont really die.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Saw this coming, but I'm still a touch sad.

Comment

I thought she was going to be in the next serries...

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                I do have one thoery which is absouloutley crazy and most probably not happen. Rose dies but her essence becomes one with the TARDIS with Rose becoming a sort of hologram and in that way she wont really die.

Wow, that sounds like every American failed sci-fi pilot made in the past 20 years.

Almost everyone on the three Doctor Who boards I post on said she would stay on till mid-season three where she would leave. Good to see they were at least able to keep this secret.
                My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                Build a Dalek
                Build a TARDIS
                Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

Well at least theyve kept it a secret till now. It would have been quite a shock if no one found out until it was aired. Perhaps the reason is that the newspaper people have now seen the epiosde or something like that.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

My guess is that she will die, what other reason would Rose leave the Doctor? She has never left him through everything they have been through thus far, even when she could have said "Right that's it I'm going home!"

Till death do they part it seems.

Comment

I hope not, the doctor has had only a few companions die on him, Don't add Rose to that number.
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
                        I hope not, the doctor has had only a few companions die on him, Don't add Rose to that number.
                        Agreed. I had a hard enough time with Adric. *sniff* Still I really liked Rose and I'll be sorry to see her leave. Two years isn't bad for a companion though. I wonder what the new one will be like...
                        "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Dang, I didn't know that this'll happen this season. I was hoping she'll stick around until next year. But alas, like everything else, nothing goes along with what I hope.

Now that this is out in the open, she HAS to die. You can't just leave the Doctor and Rose's relationship with her just leaving him behind.

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                          It would be interesting if she does die, considering what the devil said in last Saturdays episode about the girl far from home will die.
                          That is very interesting, and hopefully, they go with that direction.

There's only us,
                          There's only this
                          Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                          No other road,
                          No other way
                          No day but today...

Comment

Wow, that really takes the sails out of the next set ( if there's to be a next set in the States). I wish her well in her next endevour.

Comment

guys, to some, this is a HUGE honkin spoiler. so please be conscious of this fact when discussing it outside of this thread
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X