This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe- London

Sorry if I've missed a thread on this already, but it just dawned on me that the con is roughly three months away and I've made no plans whatsoever.

Is anyone else going? Does anyone have advice? I'll be staying at the Thistle for the con, itself, but I want a chance to explore London while I'm there, too, and I'll have Mum and possibly my Auntie in tow, just to make it more complicated. And no, they don't watch Stargate. *sigh*

When to go, where to stay, what to do... I'm making a desperate plea for help.

Also, are there enough of us that are gonna be there to make some kind of get-together worthwhile? Which somebody else can plan?

So,what did you wish to know,Shadow ?
    Looks like an excellent Con,with Corin,Amanda,PDL,Martin Wood,J.R.Bourne,Peter Stebbings,and Torri attending !

(Expletives deleted.....I'd love to go,but with the family obsession with Christmas,somehow I just know there's not a chance in Hades .... )

There seems to be some tickets available but the 3 day V.I.P. package is sold out.

Link for anyone else's benefit :

http://www.l3conventions.co.uk/tickets.htm

So......?
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

So... Where's a good place to stay in the city? Or a good section, at least. What kinda things are there to do, besides the obvious touristy things? I think mum and I have probably both already done that on our respective previous trips.

I dunno...

Comment

Hmmm ! Dilemmas...as you want something you can share with your Mum and Auntie,what sort of things do they enjoy ?

There's the London "Eye",loads of museums,(Victoria and Albert,National History Museum I can vouch for ),Kew Gardens (Beautiful !),Madame Tussauds is well worth a visit.

Eateries,well, there's loads of variety ! (Watch the prices though,esp in the West End)

Theatres and Art Galleries....by the score.

Give me a list of stuff,and I'll look it up, or phone and get details for you .

I'll ask around on Saturday evening at "Pages" too,if I can,and as I'm staying overnight in London,I'll ask the hotel staff if they have any advice ,or fave places they can recommend !

Also,I'll edit in the link for the Visit London Site in a mo'....that should be really useful for you !

Edit done ! There's a whole load of info here about hotels, etc,and goodies.

http://uk.visitlondon.com/index.html
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 August 2004, 04:17 PM. Reason: Adding link .

Comment

I also really would like to scout out if anyone else from here is going.

I think I only know two people...

Comment

I know what you mean . Being alone isn't much fun,and seasoned traveller that you are,you could do with good company you can trust at the Con !

Just a thought ,but how about putting up a Post in some of the other Forums out there ? Maybe Gaters or the UK sites ?
            I'm betting there must be some people you met and liked at Gatecon/other Cons going ?

Might be worth a try !

Comment

Probably. I could just post at the SU board. They must have one. But I trust here better 'cause I know it.

Comment

Good point !
                MAL's going on Saturday,and obviously Gypsy.Shall I ask around ,and see if anyone plans to go to the SU Con ?

If anyone else from other forums has plans to go,and they seem friendly,I could pm you with the names.

This ,of course ,depends on me getting up the nerve to ask ! First meet,and I don't want to overdo the Newbie welcome,IYKWIM .....

Comment

I think I'll find my own way, but thanks for the offer. I need to start planning this thing. Hotel reservations, airline tickets...

Comment

No problem,Shadow.You'll be fine,IMO. Best of luck with the whole trip.
                    Organising's a pain,but worth it .

Comment

Working...
                    X