X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GateWorld Sweepstakes

Dudes,

I think its totally unfair that this is open to only US residents. British people are sick of this sorta thing only being available in the US - like the whole "get in the gate" thing.

I know costs will be a little higher to send UK people there - but come on - how would you like it if you were in my situation?
    Ian

Well I am not from the UK or from the US so if things like get in the gate contest should be available to everyone in the world !
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Not being biast etc. but UK and USA are the two main countries for entertainment really - we're biggest on Stargate so we deserve equal rights.
      Ian

Comment

Quite possibly it might be that whomever is sponsering the sweepstakes has put that proviso in as part of the sweepstakes OR it could be due to laws that none of us are aware of
        so it might be helpful to ask about that first
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Is anyone having the same problem I'm having that it says you must be 18 to enter? I filled in my birthdate, and honey....I'm WAAAY past 18!
          EXPLORING THE POSSIBILITIES, ONE STARGATE AT A TIME

Comment

Hi, I just turned 18 on the 13th, so on that day I filled out the form with my info and my date of birth, 06/13/1988. I hit submit and was surprised to see a page that said this: SORRY! Your date of birth indicates that you are not eligible to enter the "Celebrate the Gate" sweepstakes. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older on the date of entry.

Since I was 18 the day I entered, I'd like to know why it's telling me this. Also, every time I go back to try and fill out the form again, I'm instead taken to the same page with the Sorry message. I'm extremely disappointed that I haven't been able to enter, I've been waiting awhile to be able to enter contests and now that I can, well, I can't. Please tell me there is a way to fix this. Thanks!

Comment

I know I'm entering it every day. Man would I love to win this Sweepstakes. I know, who wouldn't?
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by generalgater
                Dudes,

I think its totally unfair that this is open to only US residents. British people are sick of this sorta thing only being available in the US - like the whole "get in the gate" thing.

I know costs will be a little higher to send UK people there - but come on - how would you like it if you were in my situation?

ERm.. I don't like my chances of them sending me anywhere!
                sigpic
                My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Dudes,

It's a legal thing I'm afraid. Much more complicated to run a world wide sweepstakes than just a US one. I don't think even Canadians, part of continental USA, can enter (please correct me if I'm wrong about this bit)

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

Not being biast etc. but UK and USA are the two main countries for entertainment really - we're biggest on Stargate so we deserve equal rights.
                    And how about Canada? The country were most, if not all, of SG1 and SGA are filmed. We deserve equal right as USA.

Comment

Yeah you do but I would've thought that Canadians were included in this sweepstakes.... I know DVDActive.com are doing the sweepstakes with Canadians as well and its all the same sweepstakes isn't it?
                      Ian

Comment

They're offering tickets to a convention. Cost of that will skyrocket if they are adding international air fares onto it, and not make it viable.
                        Last edited by Agent_Dark; 17 June 2006, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Yeah you do but I would've thought that Canadians were included in this sweepstakes.... I know DVDActive.com are doing the sweepstakes with Canadians as well and its all the same sweepstakes isn't it?
                          I dont know about that. But usually Canadians are left out of sweepstakes, especially any TV show related ones.

Comment

British people are sick of this sorta thing only being available in the US - like the whole "get in the gate" thing.
                            Speak for yourself. This Brit doesn't give a fig. We have contests of our own; we have an NHS; we have Oast Houses and Big Ben and the Angel of the North and Beckey Falls, Exmoor; we have prettier stamps and banknotes. Enjoy what you've got, and don't resent the Yanks for having nice things of their own, and if a Yank wants to be generous to other Yanks with a nice competition, be pleased for them all and not all sourgrapey.

Madeleine

Comment

So...what's up with the entry form that it won't let me enter the contest? Like I said before, I'm of age but it told me I wasn't. Now when I try to enter it again, I'm taken to the Sorry, you're too young page every time. Is it just me that this happens to or what?

<offtopic>
                              BTW Madeleine, I've heard of Crowborough! I remember reading that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle lived there, so I looked it up and found out that there is a statue of him in the town center, that the city is the headquarters for the AAORRAC, and that the name may have derived from the Old English word croh, which means yellow, or the Irish word croe, which means iron. Those last bits are especially interesting because I love things having to do with languages. So, thanks to you I learned a little something today.
                              </offtopic>

Comment

Working...
                              X